Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy stuff going on!

I don't have IL but I have everything else, thanks to sales. Since the last patch, my elderly, gray-haired sim suddenly sports a blonde hairdo in Live mode (actual sim plus portrait), though she's still gray-haired in CAS.

And when I was playing on a community lot & sent every sim in the household home via the 'go home' button, they all went home and...I didn't go with them. Instead of getting a loading screen & arriving at their home lot with the last of 'em to leave, I was left at the community center, watching all the NPCs do stuff. Since that was not supposed to be possible (all my household sims' portraits were grayed out & showed on mouseover that they were at home), I used the 'bring sim here' button to bring one back. This time I locked my view to my sim & this time I got a loading screen & arrived at the home lot with her. (Typing this, I have to say that after all the portraits grayed out, I did not search the edges to make absolutely certain none of my sims were still running for the exit. I sat watching the NPCs for some moments after all my sims' portraits grayed out, but I doubt I waited more than 45-60 seconds before I got worried and recalled one of my sims.)

I use MCCC & a handful of Little Miss Sam's mods, so I can't report these; I'd have to take out my mods and see if the same stuff happens. Honestly not worth it to me yet, as the game has been buggier without them than with them. But I thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone running a vanilla game has encountered the same things & might be inspired to officially report them now that they know it's happened to someone else. :)

Comments

• MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    Yo! My game won't let me place sinks! Since the update, my game deleted all the sinks in all my houses and I can't place new ones! I'm getting the same error ppl with doors were getting. What is going on? This patch is breaking a lot of things. I also have MCCC and Lil Miss Sam mods too!
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    That sounds similar to the problems others are having with doors, @MorinGlory23 --might be worth posting your variation of the problem on EA's bug report forum... though they'll want you to take out the mods to see if you have the same problem with the mods out.

I think my bright-blonde elder who's grayhaired in CAS is related to the problem others are having with incorrect portraits and sim-faces; all the posts I've seen about it are from people who have IL, so eventually I'll take out my mods (briefly) & pop in and see if she's still blonde. If she is, I'll make a me-too post. But I'll do it when I feel like it. :relaxed::wink:
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    The sinks are related to a different mod. The “Don’t Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop” one.
  • Mzdm3nrMzdm3nr Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm currently experiencing the constant removal of spoilt food from my fridge in Island living, i cant count the amount of times i have cleared the food and it glitches to the floor, and is anyone else having a problem with owing a restaurant? my staff don't show up or some will and some won't.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Mzdm3nr wrote: »
    I'm currently experiencing the constant removal of spoilt food from my fridge in Island living, i cant count the amount of times i have cleared the food and it glitches to the floor, and is anyone else having a problem with owing a restaurant? my staff don't show up or some will and some won't.

I notice the island does not do Restaurants well at all. I think the island was just designed to share native things and their culture and traditions and why restaurants are doomed for failure in here. I don't plan to try another one. Just stick to the programming - that way it will keep the Islands more like their design. Just like they were not made for vacations by design - I doubt any of that would be changed but you never know. Might cause more bugs as they designed this unlike all the rest.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2019
    @MorinGlory23 - I took my mods folder out just now & my elderly sim's hair is back to the grey it should be. Thinking about it and checking the dates in my Mods folder, I had no problems post-patch with my old (eta: I mean my updated-but-been-using-for-months) MCCC/LittleMsSam mods, so it's one of the ones I put in on June 21: Little Ms Sam's cookbook, seafood servings, experimental food serving, or school vacation tradition mods that's caused the visual glitch. I suppose one of 'em could conflict with something in MCCC--I googlesearched to see if there were any conflicts, but couldn't find out.

Anyone else using the same LittleMsSam's mods that I listed here having an issue with sim hair color?

I don't have anything else except MCCC, the LilMsSam's mods listed above, & her NoSickDirtyHungrySadPets mod; latest versions as of June 21.

Eventually, if a later update doesn't resolve the issue, I'll take 'em out & add 'em back in until I find out exactly which mod is causing the issue.

This thread is a mix of EA & mod-caused issues; y'all think it should stay here or should we ask the mods (which one shd be tagged?) to move it to the mods section? Tagging you, @Writin_Reg, 'cuz you might know. :wink::smile:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @MorinGlory23 - I took my mods folder out just now & my elderly sim's hair is back to the grey it should be. Thinking about it and checking the dates in my Mods folder, I had no problems post-patch with my old (eta: I mean my updated-but-been-using-for-months) MCCC/LittleMsSam mods, so it's one of the ones I put in on June 21: Little Ms Sam's cookbook, seafood servings, experimental food serving, or school vacation tradition mods that's caused the visual glitch. I suppose one of 'em could conflict with something in MCCC--I googlesearched to see if there were any conflicts, but couldn't find out.

Anyone else using the same LittleMsSam's mods that I listed here having an issue with sim hair color?

I don't have anything else except MCCC, the LilMsSam's mods listed above, & her NoSickDirtyHungrySadPets mod; latest versions as of June 21.

Eventually, if a later update doesn't resolve the issue, I'll take 'em out & add 'em back in until I find out exactly which mod is causing the issue.

This thread is a mix of EA & mod-caused issues; y'all think it should stay here or should we ask the mods (which one shd be tagged?) to move it to the mods section? Tagging you, @Writin_Reg, 'cuz you might know. :wink::smile:

There's a list of broken mods over at Sims VIP - have you checked there. Most mods did require an update from what I am seeing.

https://simsvip.com/2019/06/18/broken-mods-for-june-19-patch/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Right now I've only got a few minor glitches going on - toddlers occasionally getting something stuck, more often toddlers won't change into sleepwear (but they still sleep) and people opening up umbrellas in the house. Nothing I can't work around yet, but I haven't purchased IL yet.
    Thanks, @Writin_Reg! I checked SimsVip's broken mod list beforehand, but I can doublecheck to make sure I didn't make a mistake. What I was really wondering is if I should ask a moderator to move the thread to the mods section, & if so, which moderator. /shrug This'll probably drop off the first page soon anyway, & then it won't matter! :wink:
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Have discovered that since the patch/update the 'welcome wagon' does not happen. I did a move-in for first time since June update and no welcomers after 2 sim days. Usually they are Johnny on the spot the first morning. The house in question is in Strangerville, so this rather kinks the mystery since no welcomers = no fruit left behind = no arrival of the 'agents' = no visual/experienceal reason to go solve the mystery (sim point of view). Before anyone asks, no mods. Just the new patch that seems to have broken other previously functional features as well.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I have been fortunate enough not to encounter many bugs... until now. And now they have rained down upon me to make up for lost time!

Toddlers with stuck objects
    Restaurants without hosts or waiters spawning (in Sulani)
    Sims jumping from across the room and back again
    Reading a toddler to sleep downstairs while the toddler is upstairs in bed
    Still no plants needing tending in the scientist career (that one I encountered previously)
    Restaurant uniform setting glitch
    Sims stealing food in restaurants
    Sims not staying seated in restaurants
    Sims standing up for ages to watch tv
    Various umbrella glitches

And some more that don't spring to mind right now.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2019
    Toddlers with stuck objects Yeah, me too, and this is a recent one for me.
    Restaurants without hosts or waiters spawning (in Sulani) Haven't had this problem personally.
    Sims jumping from across the room and back again had this since before the last update
    Reading a toddler to sleep downstairs while the toddler is upstairs in bed Haven't seen this but my current main households are in one story houses so maybe that's why
    Restaurant uniform setting glitch haven't had this
    Sims stealing food in restaurants Haven't really seen this
    Sims not staying seated in restaurants old, old problem still persistent lol
    Sims standing up for ages to watch tv another old problem that still exists for some reason, also Sims standing up eating while there are numerous places to sit nearby
    Various umbrella glitches oh god yes... when will it end

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited July 2019
    Probably the worst bug I have had is that one beach on the island on the left in Sulani that makes all the sims freeze - had a really hard time trying to get my sims back home and recover from that and just do not go there now. I do have a restaurant in Sulani that works fine but my sims don't own it. Just recently had toddlers, so experienced those bugs - ended up using cheats and then just aging up to avoid them being taken away. I could never get my toddlers to play in the water either - they just stood there. Umbrellas should just be done away with - I would much rather have my sim have an uncomfortable moodlet from being wet (I usually just get that waterproof bonus trait anyway) than have to deal with those totally glitchy umbrellas. Food booth vendors stuck in places - just stand there by a residential lot until reset them. A lot more freezing of sims in general - have had to use the reset a lot lately and sometimes it does not even help - have to travel or something to get unstuck. Sims not leaving the house after a kava party - had to travel with them to get rid of them - there was no ask to leave option. Sims autonomously removing wild plants - not cool! Do not even know why remove plant is an option.
    "AprilDawn wrote:
    Sims not leaving the house after a kava party - had to travel with them to get rid of them - there was no ask to leave option.

Almost forgot about this one.... I have had problems with Sims leaving after any type of party (or even sometimes after just being invited over)... if I invite 10 Sims to a party, at least 2/10 Sims won't leave when it's over and I have to either wait for the "ask to leave" option to appear which it sometimes does eventually, or I have to use MCCC to force them to leave.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    I also will add: Ever since Strangerville I have had problems with bathtubs becoming glitched after having vines grow in them even after the vines are cleared out (some kind of routing failure occurs), which causes my Sims to be unable to bathe their toddlers or pets unless I sell the bathtub and replace it. This is very unfortunate for my very broke first gen legacy household. ;P
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Now we've got those unisex toilet doors my Sims are getting stuck in them when they have the normal he/she doors. A male got in but couldn't get out of the female toilet as did a female in a male one. Got in can't get out. I suppose I'll have to use the unisex ones until they get it fixed. Sorted it out by removing a wall section.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Probably the worst bug I have had is that one beach on the island on the left in Sulani that makes all the sims freeze - had a really hard time trying to get my sims back home and recover from that and just do not go there now. I do have a restaurant in Sulani that works fine but my sims don't own it. Just recently had toddlers, so experienced those bugs - ended up using cheats and then just aging up to avoid them being taken away. I could never get my toddlers to play in the water either - they just stood there. Umbrellas should just be done away with - I would much rather have my sim have an uncomfortable moodlet from being wet (I usually just get that waterproof bonus trait anyway) than have to deal with those totally glitchy umbrellas. Food booth vendors stuck in places - just stand there by a residential lot until reset them. A lot more freezing of sims in general - have had to use the reset a lot lately and sometimes it does not even help - have to travel or something to get unstuck. Sims not leaving the house after a kava party - had to travel with them to get rid of them - there was no ask to leave option. Sims autonomously removing wild plants - not cool! Do not even know why remove plant is an option.

Same here. So annoying because I like to send my rich sims to that beach.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited July 2019
    Encounters quite a few bugs since the patch too. Build bugs that made me restart the game just so I could put wall texture on the exterior of a house, Houdini sims, They'll stand in a doorway, disappear and reappear on a stool or on the toilet. On the beach if they are trying to climb up a ladder they will stand on the water, fall in and start swimming around the floors until they pick up and item.

The last one though, it's hilarious and disturbing is if half of their house is in the water and they pee themselves they'll start swimming around in the puddle. It's only happened during the neighborhood brawls though once in a while.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• shatinnshatinn Posts: 35 Member
    hello. I can not make my vampires back float in the lagoon nor in the 'open ocean' . Either the townie vampires or what I created from scratch just don't float. Other sims yes, normal or aliens and mermies fine.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    AprilDawn wrote: »

Same here. So annoying because I like to send my rich sims to that beach.

I encoutered that issue, too.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Not a bug but it bugs me. I want the chance to clean out the bathtub after the dog has had a bath in it. I did put one outdoors for cleaning the dog and one for the Sims inside the house but when clicking on the dog and choosing to bathe it the Sim went straight for the indoors bathroom. Yuk. :There should be a pet bath provided for the purpose!!!! :#
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Just came across more bugginess. Sims keep getting stuck in moods from the warmth of Sulani or something like that. Very flirty and hysterical generally. The mirror no longer seems to do anything to calm hysterical sims anymore either. Just had one die of hysteria - luckily 'plead for life' worked - he came back to life and was still hysterical and shot off a volcanic bomb! Finally had to quit the game because I was afraid he would die again since nothing I do is getting rid of the hysterical mood.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Trying out a pure vanilla game save to test a fix to the welcome wagon issue I reported earlier. What I've encountered so far:

Restaurants: the priorly reported swiping of a sim's meal by another patron
    wait staff swiping and eating a meal they just delivered to a customer
    wait staff placing dirty dishes on tables while sims are at said tables eating
    wait staff and host not at their posts but lounging around at the tables and bar
    wait staff and host not in assigned attire (I made the restaurant, so know what they should be in, and they weren't)
    sims not sitting at their tables while waiting for meal to arrive, wandered all over the place and even went foraging for food

Forgotten Hollow: neither plasma fruit tree spawns, let alone grows. The one by the fishing hole is usually harvestable when the first batch of
    garlic is, but it wasn't even there. The one behind Vlad's house should be at least there, but it wasn't

Festivals, events, community lots: attire is worse than I've seen in a long time, goes for regular pre-mades as well as townies. The only sim that
    is appropriately dressed is the one I'm controlling. All the rest are varying degrees of mess

Fire: I've been struggling with this 'game' since its release, and have never, ever had a cooking fire - regardless of sim's cooking skill or lack
    thereof. Had one, and sime was at level 3. Fortunately, since there are no firemen, the 'extinguish' option was available.

Food poisoning: first time ever a sim got food poisoning from a restaurant meal. Both the notification and the moodlet said to call the restaurant
    to report it. The option was not present, either on the sim's phone or with restaurant staff (sim was still on premesis).
    @Oldeseadogge - I had the food-poisoning issue in the GTW business-lot world. I think one of my sims got food-poisoning once before, but it was back when I got that pack, & I was able to call the restaurant. This time, just the other day, my sim was not able to call the restaurant even though he received a prompt to do so. I didn't get the food-poisoning notice until he was back at his home lot, & couldn't make the report (no option anywhere). I googled to find out how, & found some (old?) posts from other people unable to make the report. I've forgotten the explanation they come up with for why the option didn't come up. /shrug --if you find a bug report for it, would you post the link here? I'll me-too it, & perhaps others will too. :smile:
    @elanorbreton - I've had the same problem with gardening for...weeks? months?--not sure which, but long enough for me not to be sure. The plants are always raining water non-stop, as if they've just been watered. 24 hrs/day, 7 days/wk, 4 wks/sim-season, 4 seasons/yr., non-stop always-dripping plants in my sims' homes. IIRC I do sometimes get the option to tend newly-placed plants on community lots, but once they've been tended they can't be tended again.