Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did ts3 ep’s have more than ts4

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    I'm only saying yes in regards to more content per EP.

But Sims 4 to me is easier and better on gameplay and will probably match or eventually have more than Sims 3 as it has more EPs, GPs, and SPs still to come.

@Lady_Ballora a Sims 1 reboot would be awesome.

WbUrFQm.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited June 2019
    No i don’t thinks so
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    yeah what i mean is that there would be loading screens and also theyd have to separately animate water for the underwater lot because whole world now does not have water under the surface

+also yeah the fact that even with ts3 the underwater diving was mostly just so you go into another rabbit hole

like ok it be cool for mermaids to get underwater but the resources that would have taken is ridiculous

Lol There's no animated water. It's just a screen effect in TS3 plus lighting. It would be no different then when they added Seasons with all the weather effects.

well the point is this isn't ts3 and there would be issues that they probably didn't want to introduce to the game at least for now

As far as what was done in Sims 3 would have an negative effect on Sims 4 to me now is speculation as times and technology has improved tremendously the only thing possibly hinder Sims 4 is the game engine and that itself is speculation. It is like some are still living in the past and scared to move on or up.

ok i try to be clear and wish yall dun twist this weirdly (yet again)

Do I mean there will certainly be a bugs if there is thing from ts3 in ts4?

No.

what I mean is people keep asking for major features of TS3 to be added in eps that are ALREADY
    full of NEW good stuff and NEW major features that surely take lots of resources to make by themselves

and as result of making lots of new good stuff
    they probably do not have enough resources to remake all the old stuff into that pack
    which means if they were to try and do it

it would either end up half baked and buggy because focus was not there
    or it would take away from the new features
    or actually both.

I also feel that it is more important to implement new things into the game rather than redo what is already done
    because what is the point of buying ts 4 and its expansions if all you get is TS3 over again?

another thing is that some players do not have great computers and they automatically want to prioritize things
    because they know there is going to be a point in game where things start getting bad if they kept adding ts3 things

as an example: my computer can easily run everything in ts4
    but crashes when I open starter house in ts3

so my point of view will always be if it does not add enough to gameplay id rather not have it

+ I am actually rather sick of people complaining everytime they choose to make something new and not add old stuff
    like if it bothers people so much they can just go play old games no one is forcing them to play ts4

overall I would have loved underwater too don't get me wrong
    but also there is much more things to this ep for me than ts3 one
    and if i chose between underwater and the stuff we got id still choose the stuff we got

I still like IL better than IP personally even without underwater and that stuff

For me there is nothing new about Sims 4 also as with every game some players are going to experience some problems. If the game is truly bugged out who do you blame? I blame the developer as it is thier job to give an players an good experience. For me Sims 4 will always be the weaker game as it really does not bring nothing to the table and most of their packs are half baked anyway when it comes to performance for me.

it is also their job to prioritize what they are putting in the game so they can actually manage a healthy game
    ts3 being worst at this particular thing I don't really have much fond memories of playing that version
    everything I wanted to do was rabbit hole or bugged
    everything I could do felt like endless chore

by the time ts4 came out I almost didn't buy it because I was so sick of ts3 that I was doubting I'd ever find sims fun again
    but here we are and its getting better day by day and im actually excited to get a new game again

so yeah i don't really relate to people wanting ts3 things back as much like there is some little things but
    I'm more for ts2 and ts1 comebacks

That is maybe what you want but others have other ideas and have different expectations of what they want. Some ideas that was implemented in one version cannot be avoided. I am sorry dropping open world and going back to loading screens is nothing new as I see that as old news and something out of yesteryear technology. However if one is going to try something new make sure it works before release and sorry this is also an problem in Sims 4 and if new not half baked. You see I am not your average or even an newbie game player just like you want something, I want something and again so far Sims 4 has not even raised an eyebrow for me. Sims 3 even if it was an problem for you, it was not an total problem for me. Just like you did not like SIms 3, there are other do and the same goes for Sims 4, but for me Sims 4 will never be my go to game. Sims 3 is ancient now but I still enjoy it's features which I cannot say for Sims 4 and there will always be something to say about Sims 4 until its end of production cycle for I will never remember it.

what comes to open world I am actually glad its gone I much rather do things in my game than travel to rabbit holes my whole game like in ts3

ts3 restricted your sims to be in their homes or visiting neighbors almost everything else was rabbithole activity

now people want to complain because 1 rabbithole to dive and i find it hilarious they keep referencing ts3 as better game when it comes to RABBITHOLES

ts3 might have had more things in it hobby wise and id love those back obv but also do remind yourself that is big part thanks to the amount of "objects" your sim walked into and got speech bubbles in ts3

also will just repeat: you don't have to play ts4 if you think ts3 is better in everything its really that simple bro
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    yeah what i mean is that there would be loading screens and also theyd have to separately animate water for the underwater lot because whole world now does not have water under the surface

+also yeah the fact that even with ts3 the underwater diving was mostly just so you go into another rabbit hole

like ok it be cool for mermaids to get underwater but the resources that would have taken is ridiculous

Lol There's no animated water. It's just a screen effect in TS3 plus lighting. It would be no different then when they added Seasons with all the weather effects.

well the point is this isn't ts3 and there would be issues that they probably didn't want to introduce to the game at least for now

You can't know that ahaha you aren't developing for the game. Isla Paradiso wasn't laggy because of the underwater lots, it was because the world was filled with routing issues, due to the roads of the world and how lots were placed in certain areas of the water. The secret islands with the smoke were also a lag issue. Not to mention resorts would spawn employees out of the world causing extra lag, and I'm pretty sure there was also an issue with the pregnant NPC's in the town in which they would be pregnant indefinitely causing the game to give script errors constantly.

For the record island paradise, and into the future weree expansion packs.That were especially made for strong computers.

Nah, they were poorly optimized. Even EA admitted it themselves.

Nope, they were meant for hardcore computers.They weren't made for low end or laptops

That is not true at all. I played Sims 3 on a laptop for Pete’s sake until like 2012. Did it play on highest settings? No, but for a laptop it performed much better than I anticipated. This wasn’t even a high end laptop, it’s graphics weren’t powerful enough to display Sims 2’s high quality textures. It ran Sims 3 good enough for me to play and enjoy though.

I will never get behind the idea that Sims 3 was made for supercomputers. It wasn’t! Perhaps players just do not maintain their PC’s or replace them when they show signs of age. Not really my problem, but Sims 3 was never unplayable for me. I can’t speak for everyone, but I didn’t always have my desktop and I still never had severe issues with any of it. Nothing that I couldn’t live with, and still enjoy the game.
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    Yes, but don't forget that sims 3 didn't have game packs, just expansions and stuff packs.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    Sims3 had more stuff, but most of it was half baked with no depth. I will never forgive EA for how they made resorts pointless rabbitholes.

resorts were not rabbit holes :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Yes this is how i feel
    Aine wrote: »
    Yeah the box art style give it away, there are theories on reddit that EA just reframed the pack as an expansion so they could charge more for it - they just messed up and didn't change the original art box style. It makes a lot of sense if you think about all the half completed features and bugs and misses - if the pack was originally a game pack and then they tried to add some details and sell it as an expansion instead. The pack never felt Complete to me, it feels more like a hobbled together game pack with an extra life state that they rushed. Considering all the bugs and weird 'choices', they obviously didn't have time to finish a large portion of the pack - which they would have if they had designated the pack as an expansion from the start. Essentially you pay for the devs time more than anything, that's why we pay more for an expansion because they take A LOT longer to work on it. I feel they should have pushed the pack towards the end of the year instead and actually finished all the features - especially mermaids doesn't feel complete - just compare them to vampires.

agreed

Yes this is how i feel
    no because in ts3 you indeed had ''lots of things''
    but you hardly had any gameplay to them
    (mermaids in ts3 were less useful than dried fish)

and most of it was really half baked
    (you couldn't really do a thing with birds etc in ts3 either)
    (not to even start on all those rabbit hole activities in ts3)

and buggy so I don't even want it

there is big possibility they might just patch something in later too

+ I prefer getting things like hotels their own gp so they can make them more interesting
    (ts 3 hotels made me regret ever booking them) or adding them in other pack
    because ugly hotels would have literally ruined that island for me

houseboats? hated those
    underwater? would have been great but also I can see that not working too well with ts4 considering we do not have open world
    surfing? this kind of triggers me though because there was surfing sign though
    so it was in plans at sometime that island = surfing?

but yeah overall I feel ts4 has more depth than ts3
    even if it lacks some activities the activities they do add are better done than ts3

I'm sorry but I don't see what scuba diving has to do with open world. We could have had underwater lots in TS4. Lots you'd only have access after buying scuba diving gear, or by being a mermaid, and then your sim would teleport there and explore. To me it's the one main big thing missing from this EP, I wish sims could also gather pearls underwater and sell them for simoleons.

The fact that we could actually go there and find treasure and collectable shells and gather rare tropical fish was awesome and it's really sad how in Island Living we can't see nothing of that.

Even for mermaids it was awesome. Tell me you wouldn't want this. It's so dumb how it's a rabbit whole in TS4, especially in a game where there are suppose to be fewer of them, since we have loading screens!

GRqAmYa.jpg

agreed
    diving it a big let down in the sims 4.

edited June 2019
    Yes this is how i feel
    I love TS4 but I won't deny we get less...

less with every EP

The last three were bare
    GF
    SV
    IL

Post edited by marcel21 on

• Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    It's actually really annoying how little expansion packs have these days. I think the most noticeable one has to be Cats and Dogs (the pets expansion for TS4) - you get cats and dogs and a new world and that's literally it. What about horses and the other smaller pets? I think it's really bad how stuff that was included in expansion packs before they're now putting in gamepacks or stuff packs to make you pay more. I.e. in ambitions, you got all the new careers, a new world, the junk yard and you got laundry; in TS4 Get To Work which is basically the remake of ambitions, you've got a couple of new careers and stores but you have to buy the laundry pack extra. Cats and Dogs is even worse - if you want small pets you have to buy the my first pet stuff pack and even then you don't get nearly as many small pets as you did in TS3. Gotta say I was really disappointed by Cats and Dogs. I can't comment on any of the others as I haven't bought them yet (don't know if I will, sounds like they're somewhat lacking).

However, I don't think I could go back to playing TS3 now. I think TS4 has introduced some new features I'd miss, and it's overall just more aesthetic to play. I miss having an open world, but I think I would miss emotions and toddlers etc. I agree with what others are saying in regards to the quality - whilst the quantity of expansion packs is really lacking, the quality of (most of) the things they've added has improved like toddlers and vampires.

So yeah, quality over quantity I guess, but there comes a point where there is too little stuff to allow the quality of it to make up for it.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Yes this is how i feel

You can't know that ahaha you aren't developing for the game. Isla Paradiso wasn't laggy because of the underwater lots, it was because the world was filled with routing issues, due to the roads of the world and how lots were placed in certain areas of the water. The secret islands with the smoke were also a lag issue. Not to mention resorts would spawn employees out of the world causing extra lag, and I'm pretty sure there was also an issue with the pregnant NPC's in the town in which they would be pregnant indefinitely causing the game to give script errors constantly.

For the record island paradise, and into the future weree expansion packs.That were especially made for strong computers.

Nope, they were meant for hardcore computers.They weren't made for low end or laptops

That is not true at all. I played Sims 3 on a laptop for Pete’s sake until like 2012. Did it play on highest settings? No, but for a laptop it performed much better than I anticipated. This wasn’t even a high end laptop, it’s graphics weren’t powerful enough to display Sims 2’s high quality textures. It ran Sims 3 good enough for me to play and enjoy though.

I will never get behind the idea that Sims 3 was made for supercomputers. It wasn’t! Perhaps players just do not maintain their PC’s or replace them when they show signs of age. Not really my problem, but Sims 3 was never unplayable for me. I can’t speak for everyone, but I didn’t always have my desktop and I still never had severe issues with any of it. Nothing that I couldn’t live with, and still enjoy the game.

I'm saying this because the last expansions.Acording to a bug fixer.Saying the last two were made for computers.I can play sims 3 on laptop, and even island paradise with little to no problem.I did made the screen window.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes this is how i feel
    Sims 3 was not unplayable for me, in a technical sense. The world was working, especially with the cleaning and population control mods. Things were mostly pretty smooth, though I did have some the occasional weird bugs and glitches (like sims disappearing suddenly or toddlers getting stuck in some buildings, etc).

But, I personally got bored of it and frustrated with it. I was one of those who simmers who just couldn’t engage with the Sims 3’s sims. I just couldn’t.

I also got the ghost town syndrome (in terms of barely any townies were around the community places including the “hot spots”), which I don’t know was technical or if it’s just my townies didn’t want to visit a lot of the places that much.

Sims 3 has tons of stuff and lots of creative tools. I do give lots of credit to it for that.

But I still didn’t enjoy Sims 3 like I did with Sims 1, Sims 2, and even Sims 4, for whatever reason. :frowning:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes this is how i feel

As far as what was done in Sims 3 would have an negative effect on Sims 4 to me now is speculation as times and technology has improved tremendously the only thing possibly hinder Sims 4 is the game engine and that itself is speculation. It is like some are still living in the past and scared to move on or up.

No.

what I mean is people keep asking for major features of TS3 to be added in eps that are ALREADY
    full of NEW good stuff and NEW major features that surely take lots of resources to make by themselves

they probably do not have enough resources to remake all the old stuff into that pack

or actually both.

I also feel that it is more important to implement new things into the game rather than redo what is already done
    because what is the point of buying ts 4 and its expansions if all you get is TS3 over again?

another thing is that some players do not have great computers and they automatically want to prioritize things
    because they know there is going to be a point in game where things start getting bad if they kept adding ts3 things

so my point of view will always be if it does not add enough to gameplay id rather not have it

+ I am actually rather sick of people complaining everytime they choose to make something new and not add old stuff
    like if it bothers people so much they can just go play old games no one is forcing them to play ts4

and if i chose between underwater and the stuff we got id still choose the stuff we got

I still like IL better than IP personally even without underwater and that stuff

For me there is nothing new about Sims 4 also as with every game some players are going to experience some problems. If the game is truly bugged out who do you blame? I blame the developer as it is thier job to give an players an good experience. For me Sims 4 will always be the weaker game as it really does not bring nothing to the table and most of their packs are half baked anyway when it comes to performance for me.

it is also their job to prioritize what they are putting in the game so they can actually manage a healthy game
    ts3 being worst at this particular thing I don't really have much fond memories of playing that version

by the time ts4 came out I almost didn't buy it because I was so sick of ts3 that I was doubting I'd ever find sims fun again
    but here we are and its getting better day by day and im actually excited to get a new game again

so yeah i don't really relate to people wanting ts3 things back as much like there is some little things but

That is maybe what you want but others have other ideas and have different expectations of what they want. Some ideas that was implemented in one version cannot be avoided. I am sorry dropping open world and going back to loading screens is nothing new as I see that as old news and something out of yesteryear technology. However if one is going to try something new make sure it works before release and sorry this is also an problem in Sims 4 and if new not half baked. You see I am not your average or even an newbie game player just like you want something, I want something and again so far Sims 4 has not even raised an eyebrow for me. Sims 3 even if it was an problem for you, it was not an total problem for me. Just like you did not like Sims 3, there are other do and the same goes for Sims 4, but for me Sims 4 will never be my go to game. Sims 3 is ancient now but I still enjoy it's features which I cannot say for Sims 4 and there will always be something to say about Sims 4 until its end of production cycle for I will never remember it.

what comes to open world I am actually glad its gone I much rather do things in my game than travel to rabbit holes my whole game like in ts3

ts3 restricted your sims to be in their homes or visiting neighbors almost everything else was rabbithole activity

now people want to complain because 1 rabbithole to dive and i find it hilarious they keep referencing ts3 as better game when it comes to RABBITHOLES

ts3 might have had more things in it hobby wise and id love those back obv but also do remind yourself that is big part thanks to the amount of "objects" your sim walked into and got speech bubbles in ts3

also will just repeat: you don't have to play ts4 if you think ts3 is better in everything its really that simple bro

You are right Bro I don't but everything you are saying is what you like Bro, No, Sims 3 was not the best in everything it just I had an better time with it and not everyone experienced what you experienced Bro. Sims 4 lacks substance for me as I do not care what it does for you. Sims 4 for me is nothing more than an tablet/smartphone program if it can't take advantage of the specs on all my systems Bro. Also, for me I will never give Kudos for what they did with Sims 4 as they never tweak any of thier Sims programs as they should and guess what Bro most of your woes you had with Sims 3 lies with EA/Maxis as the game did not develop itself or you forgot that. Sims 4 is an weakened program because of what they never did in Sims 3 and it is called tweaking and again an reason I do not give kudos :) Oh yes for me it much more than rabbitholes yes Sims 3 had rabbitholes but it also had robust features which Sims 4 does not have. :) We can just agree to disagree and call it an day as there is more I can say. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited June 2019
    No i don’t thinks so

No.

or actually both.

That is maybe what you want but others have other ideas and have different expectations of what they want. Some ideas that was implemented in one version cannot be avoided. I am sorry dropping open world and going back to loading screens is nothing new as I see that as old news and something out of yesteryear technology. However if one is going to try something new make sure it works before release and sorry this is also an problem in Sims 4 and if new not half baked. You see I am not your average or even an newbie game player just like you want something, I want something and again so far Sims 4 has not even raised an eyebrow for me. Sims 3 even if it was an problem for you, it was not an total problem for me. Just like you did not like SIms 3, there are other do and the same goes for Sims 4, but for me Sims 4 will never be my go to game. Sims 3 is ancient now but I still enjoy it's features which I cannot say for Sims 4 and there will always be something to say about Sims 4 until its end of production cycle for I will never remember it.

You are right Bro I don't but everything you are saying is what you like Bro, No, Sims 3 was not the best in everything it just I had an better time with it and not everyone experienced what you experienced Bro. Sims 4 lacks substance for me as I do not care what it does for you. Sims 4 for me is nothing more than an tablet/smartphone program if it can't take advantage of the specs on all my systems Bro. Also, for me I will never give Kudos for what they did with Sims 4 as they never tweak any of thier Sims programs as they should and guess what Bro most of your woes you had with Sims 3 lies with EA/Maxis as the game did not develop itself or you forgot that. Sims 4 is an weakened program because of what they never did in Sims 3 and it is called tweaking and again an reason I do not give kudos :) Oh yes for me it much more than rabbitholes yes Sims 3 had rabbitholes but it also had robust features which Sims 4 does not have. :)

well as I have many times already stated I disagree because I don't see those "robust features" in ts3 u keep talking about and I see plenty in ts4

does game have to be taxing to computer to be good? I don't believe in that logic

anyways bro we should just agree on disagreeing and chill cuz obviously ur not getting my point and im not getting yours
    Yes this is how i feel

No.

or actually both.

You are right Bro I don't but everything you are saying is what you like Bro, No, Sims 3 was not the best in everything it just I had an better time with it and not everyone experienced what you experienced Bro. Sims 4 lacks substance for me as I do not care what it does for you. Sims 4 for me is nothing more than an tablet/smartphone program if it can't take advantage of the specs on all my systems Bro. Also, for me I will never give Kudos for what they did with Sims 4 as they never tweak any of thier Sims programs as they should and guess what Bro most of your woes you had with Sims 3 lies with EA/Maxis as the game did not develop itself or you forgot that. Sims 4 is an weakened program because of what they never did in Sims 3 and it is called tweaking and again an reason I do not give kudos :) Oh yes for me it much more than rabbitholes yes Sims 3 had rabbitholes but it also had robust features which Sims 4 does not have. :)

well as I have many times already stated I disagree because I don't see those "robust features" in ts3 u keep talking about and I see plenty in ts4

does game have to be taxing to computer to be good? I don't believe in that logic

anyways bro we should just agree on disagreeing and chill cuz obviously ur not getting my point and im not getting yours

As I said in my previous post, all we can do is agree to disagree and that that is all I have to say on the matter and if you want to keep pushing the issue keep on but I will not partake. You enjoy what you have and I will enjoy what I have.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Yes this is how i feel

No.

or actually both.

I thought Sims 3 had some really cool things added to it over the years. What was added was usually free for you to use how you wanted, where you wanted, and when you wanted. Something Sims 4 does not support.

Apartments in 3 weren’t like 2, but we could build them wherever we wanted. Apartments in 4 are not like 2, but we CANT build them at all.

Oceans were opened up in every world in Sims 3 allowing you to swim in them, do fun activities, live in a houseboat, build an underwater lot. They only allow swimming activities in the ocean now, and it’s only available in one world.

Sims 4 does not have robust features. It has very segregated features that usually are not very innovative and rarely can be used outside how the way Maxis wants. If you didn’t see any value in the many features that Sims 3 gained over the years that’s your loss, but objectively speaking Sims 4 has not improved that in any regard. It’s features are the polar opposite of robust. Especially the ones that you can’t control, which is most of them.
  • SpeedBSSpeedBS Posts: 4 New Member
    I have all EPs in S4 and some SPs, it runs in 60fps. Recently bought S3 + Pets + Seasons and its unplayable :/
    edited June 2019
    No i don’t thinks so

No.

or actually both.

I thought Sims 3 had some really cool things added to it over the years. What was added was usually free for you to use how you wanted, where you wanted, and when you wanted. Something Sims 4 does not support.

Apartments in 3 weren’t like 2, but we could build them wherever we wanted. Apartments in 4 are not like 2, but we CANT build them at all.

Oceans were opened up in every world in Sims 3 allowing you to swim in them, do fun activities, live in a houseboat, build an underwater lot. They only allow swimming activities in the ocean now, and it’s only available in one world.

Sims 4 does not have robust features. It has very segregated features that usually are not very innovative and rarely can be used outside how the way Maxis wants. If you didn’t see any value in the many features that Sims 3 gained over the years that’s your loss, but objectively speaking Sims 4 has not improved that in any regard. It’s features are the polar opposite of robust. Especially the ones that you can’t control, which is most of them.

okay but just count how many GAMEPLAY features in ts3 were not in ts2 or 1 or were done better in ts3 than in ts2 or 1

I can't think of many

ts3 yeah probably was great for visual customization but in terms of gameplay it still falls far behind ts2 and 1

and just personal opinion is they messed up my favourite sims packs to the point of unplayable and boring so :smile:

but now i really won't keep answering yall and leave this discussion because there isnt end to this petty debate
    edited June 2019
    Yes this is how i feel

No.

or actually both.

okay but just count how many GAMEPLAY features in ts3 were not in ts2 or 1 or were done better in ts3 than in ts2 or 1

I can't think of many

ts3 yeah probably was great for visual customization but in terms of gameplay it still falls far behind ts2 and 1

and just personal opinion is they messed up my favourite sims packs to the point of unplayable and boring so :smile:

but now i really won't keep answering yall and leave this discussion because there isnt end to this petty debate

I’m sorry you feel that way. I wasn’t talking about Sims 2, that game is the most superior Sims game ever. I was only comparing 3 and 4. 3 was not perfect, it didn’t ultimately get everything I wanted it to, but when everything is all said and done it got a lot of really fun content, and a lot of innovative content that we had never had before in a Sims game. My point was that Sims 4 doesn’t get that type of stuff like Sims 3 did. We have to deal with all kinds of trade-off’s and issues with the game’s development and whenever they offer a refreshed version of a past idea or a new idea it’s never fleshed out.
    Yes this is how i feel

Me to
    i did have some bugs like

upload errors
    save errors
    slow loading in cap
    and slow loading when looking for sets

I was using a toaster

some did have issues running it

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes this is how i feel

I'm sorry but no. Almost every single computer had problems with the Island Paradise world. My computer ran/runs Into the Future 100% fine.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    Here’s what I don’t understand: people say TS3 has issues because of the open world and an old engine. So they put in loading screens, got rid of the open world, did a new engine and they are still cutting back on content and game play for performance?? They even said the world’s are smaller because of performance. Wasn’t that the whole point of loading screens?? Don’t try to justify smaller worlds and lack of content because of performance when we have loading screens.
    edited June 2019
    Yes this is how i feel
    qpmomma wrote: »
    Here’s what I don’t understand: people say TS3 has issues because of the open world and an old engine. So they put in loading screens, got rid of the open world, did a new engine and they are still cutting back on content and game play for performance?? They even said the world’s are smaller because of performance. Wasn’t that the whole point of loading screens?? Don’t try to justify smaller worlds and lack of content because of performance when we have loading screens.

That is how I feel about the whole thing :) The way I see it sooner or later folks that are trying to hold on to what they got and whether they do not have the money to upgrade. The developers are not going to wait as other developers from other game companies are not doing because they do not want to be hindered and bring thier best to the table. Heck, if Sims series do move forward the same will happen here. Even though 64 bit may not necessairly change things right now as Sims 4 is in mid production and they can't change the game engine. Things might change in the next Sims game and I would be thinking about upgrading now and saving my money for that change when it or if it comes.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    qpmomma wrote: »

The Sims Studio has never been more inconsistent and confusing than with The Sims 4.

They claimed this iteration was created with a closed world to focus more on single lot gameplay, and the Sims themselves. Well, here we are, yet ANOTHER expansion whose big selling point is the world. City Living, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, and Get Famous are all packs which have used the world itself as a feature or large selling point.

Only less than half combined GP/EP pack releases have attempted to flesh out lot/Sim gameplay. And that's attempted; live mode gameplay is the worst it has ever been with this franchise, lacking fun, challenge, and reward.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    I think that the problem they have is all the different ways of introducing new content. They went from EP's to EP's and SP's to EP's SP's and now GP's. I get it, the team wants the players to feel like they are getting content quicker and more often. I think what happens though is that the content ends up more spread out among pack types rather than consolidated into large expansions like we were use to in the past. This is the problem that I recognize at least. I think they need to work on beefing up their EP's. The GP's are in a good place but the lack of content in the EP's makes them feel like you're just getting a GP with a few more features, when it should be a considerable amount more. You get stuff in a SP and it's $10. You jump up $10 to a GP and you get a considerable more amount of features. You then jump up $20 for an EP and the amount of features isn't really considerable from a GP. It's rather lacking when you use a price comparison between the packs. I don't think we are getting the dollar value on our EP's when comparing to the dollar value on GP's. What it feels like is happening is they have ideas and they don't always fit themes so they put out EP's and GP's as separate ideas with a different price point but almost comparable features.

Well hopefully that all made sense. I probably repeated my point in 3 different ways like I always do. That's what I think is going on with this game and its packs.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes this is how i feel
    It's way smaller and so many of the houses are just for show. The same as the Get famous pack , lots of fake houses. Where is there a hotel ? There is not even a town , this is more the size of a game pack ,no bigger than the jungle one and outdoor retreat.
    Laugh out loud. Often