Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do in The Sims that you really need to stop doing, but keep coming back to?

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I need to stop decorating my sims homes in the same bright modern styles and try some different styles.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I need to stop changing houses every darn week. I spend so much time on making new houses when I just want to play with the family. I hate it yet I cant stop doing it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Having babies too quickly. I have one, then I want them to have a sibling.. Before I know it theres 4 toddlers running around. I need to space out when my sims have kids better. It is not easy to take care of a bunch of little ones. I tell myself I need to wait till the first one is closer to being a child before having another baby.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I don’t know what I need to stop doing but I need to start keeping tabs on how many and types of venues I’ve got. I forget.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I end up kidnapping and killing certain Sims. Like Vivian Lewis. Or Mortimer Goth. I should really should stop.

Well, I just killed off Jacques Villareal so I can move the kids to Sulani. (Next step: turning Max into shark food.)

I tend to use certain traits way too often so all my Sims end up similar type; I'm addicted to playing creative Sims because it's a good way to make a lot of money. I want to use the Randomize Traits button that's coming in today's patch in the hopes it might help break the habit.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    adding vampires....I just did it again... >:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Starting new saves. I'm now starting to play in rotation with lots of new families. Let's see if changing scenary constantly will help me with that.
  • randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    When I start a new save, Before I start playing, I go through certain pre-mades and give them makeovers. It started when I decided to give J Huntington III a makeover, because he bothered me every time I saw him. New hairstyle, snappy new clothes, and a five o'clock shadow....turns out, he's not so irritating to look at when he walks down the street. Then it kinda escalated from there. With all the makeovers I have to do, it takes me nearly a day to start a new save before I can even start playing.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Isolating my Sims. I am an introvert myself and I have found that I tend to isolate my Sims from outsiders. I realised that when I was playing rotationally and went into one of my favorite households which was actually the second household I played in my saved game and saw that both men had a HUGE amount of people in their relationship tabs and a lot of friends. Friends they did NOT have when I branched out into other households. Now, I consciously (and on more than one occasion had to kick myself figuratively in the tuckus) make my Sims say yes to phone invites and actually answer the doors when visitors come-a-knocking. I've even had them hold a party or two that was not a requirement to finish up an aspiration.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I need to make my Sims leave their home lot more often. I mean, they have a great home! But my yard is FULL, and I do not have room for a pirate-ship playground, so at the very least, my toddler deserves a trip to the Park. Or, I evict Johnny Zest, steal his lot, put mine on it, and add a playground out back. :D I like to give my Sims everything they could want at home. And then, they stay there except for rabbit-hole school/work.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Isolating my Sims. I am an introvert myself and I have found that I tend to isolate my Sims from outsiders. I realised that when I was playing rotationally and went into one of my favorite households which was actually the second household I played in my saved game and saw that both men had a HUGE amount of people in their relationship tabs and a lot of friends. Friends they did NOT have when I branched out into other households. Now, I consciously (and on more than one occasion had to kick myself figuratively in the tuckus) make my Sims say yes to phone invites and actually answer the doors when visitors come-a-knocking. I've even had them hold a party or two that was not a requirement to finish up an aspiration.

this ^
    my sims dun socialize unless ur bella goth or my sims next husband
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • amande80amande80 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Bobisbae said:
    > I need to stop micromanaging 😅 but it really is fun for me. I even force my sims to only eat what I want them to. I can't stand when they wake up and eat hot dogs or something silly like that (especially my kids). It doesn't stress me out or anything but I would like to just let my sim exist from time to time without queing up things to do.

This is me. I micromanage my Sims to death. I'm currently playing a household with two adults, two teens, and one child, and each of them will have a list of what they need to do. I never just allow them to exist. I guess I should try it sometime, but I also get annoyed when they eat hot dogs or macaroni and cheese all day.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Switching aspirations - the points add up too fast! Then they can't buy anything cause they bought all the ones I wanted them to have...so the points just pile up, unused.

Ah...your sims must not guzzle sleep replacement potions like mine do!

My main thing I do which I should do less is...getting my sims involving in excess romantic relationships. Most of my adult sims tend to have a couple of regulars, one of whom they probably live with . I also tend to micromanage one sim to the total expense of the others on the lot.
  • SylvanasSylvanas Posts: 40 New Member
    Making the perfect sim in CAS... and then barely ever using it because I get bored.
  • XxEmoDreamerxXXxEmoDreamerxX Posts: 25 Member
    1. Kidnapping multiple Sims for vampire food

2. Making a very attractive male Sim and making him get like 20 different women pregnant

3. Killing random NPCs

And that's just some of the weird crap I do 😂
    I meant to say crap, idk why it auto corrected to plum 😂
    Ok it's not letting me say it, maybe its the website and not my device
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    I play Sims that are pretty similar. Most of my sims make money from painting or gardening, so I'd like to use the other careers. And, stop making Sims who have the same few traits - I want to try out playing an evil sim (but I hate being mean to my other sims, because I like them so much!).

@ThePocketWeasel you try out the trait randomizer button in CAS? It will randomize the three traits & you can click it as many times as you want ☺. It gave my sim geek, cat lover & child of the ocean.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Ok it's not letting me say it, maybe its the website and not my device

It takes a while to get used to. Some strange things get plummed out.

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I never finish anything! It's why I've never posted a Sims 4 story.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• newtoneanewtonea Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="MDianaSanders;c-17116487"]And I also have a habit of leaving a build when it's almost finished (like one or two rooms left to furnish) and then return to it months later and go "Hey, I was almost finished with that one" - instead of just finishing it immediately.

Same. I love building exteriors. I hate doing rooms and decorations. It would be nice to one day actually play the game, instead of just building. 🙄
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Switching aspirations - the points add up too fast! Then they can't buy anything cause they bought all the ones I wanted them to have...so the points just pile up, unused.

Ah...your sims must not guzzle sleep replacement potions like mine do!

My main thing I do which I should do less is...getting my sims involving in excess romantic relationships. Most of my adult sims tend to have a couple of regulars, one of whom they probably live with . I also tend to micromanage one sim to the total expense of the others on the lot.

Lol no, only in a quick pinch. Sims that never sleep getting really old, really fast for me. I don't use any of the "never" or "hardly" traits or any of the potions. Might just grab sleep replacement ones with leftover points though to store for when I may need them lol.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    randy2355 wrote: »
    When I start a new save, Before I start playing, I go through certain pre-mades and give them makeovers. It started when I decided to give J Huntington III a makeover, because he bothered me every time I saw him. New hairstyle, snappy new clothes, and a five o'clock shadow....turns out, he's not so irritating to look at when he walks down the street. Then it kinda escalated from there. With all the makeovers I have to do, it takes me nearly a day to start a new save before I can even start playing.

Same. I wanted to tie that freaking sweater around his head. Amazing what a few pieces of nice clothes and some stubble can do, eh?

- My Sims don't even pick out their clothes. I am a terrifying Sim god, hear me rawr.
    - Using mods for drama.
    - Not having the kids help more around the house, it seems like every save I start just has that one sim who does all the cleaning, lol.
    - Every Sim has a motive except the Goths and I'm trying desperately to stop.
    - All the stuff in the world for my Sims to do and they're still homebodies. Shame. Real shame.
    - Making houses bigger than what the family needs, then filling it with clutter. I guess you could say...they'll grow into it?
  • GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    I make my sims have way too perfect relationships. Often, I'll decide I like a sim and thats it, thats their partner forever.

Also my sims never leave the house
    So many sorcerers ~
  • NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    -I come up with a great idea for a sim and basically plan out their whole life, then when I actually plan them, I get bored really quickly and make a new household.

This, I make too many female sims, and I get too attached to certain sims.