Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Secret Lot?

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @MaggieMarley she's the one everyone i know hunting for this lot is banking on, since we all have her in played households in our games (one has her and her new partner both as conservationists living on the volcano island to speed things along. though she's still not gotten the second island change popup yet)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @kalaksed interesting! I sure hope someone gets in soon and is able to share how they did it because I’m excited to get inside :D
  • Options
    I guess Nalani doesn’t count as a game generated mermaid. I still can’t get in the cave. Maybe you also need to complete the mosaic?
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I've been doing alot of cave exploring myself and i noticed something near the cave, there's pieces of an image and it seems every time I unlock a new interaction with the cave the image is added to. So i'm thinking maybe once the image is completed the secret lot will be revealed? that's my theory anyway.

33k7tc1.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Guys I don't think there's any secret lot at this point? I think the mermaid cove is just that cave where mermaids can spawn.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    That would be really disappointing then.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Guys I don't think there's any secret lot at this point? I think the mermaid cove is just that cave where mermaids can spawn.

• Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    I've been doing alot of cave exploring myself and i noticed something near the cave, there's pieces of an image and it seems every time I unlock a new interaction with the cave the image is added to. So i'm thinking maybe once the image is completed the secret lot will be revealed? that's my theory anyway.

33k7tc1.png

Good point!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @MaggieMarley What you said wasn’t considered a spoiler. Also, I agree, It would have been cool having a hidden cove.
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    others have said in this very thread that apparently it is the 'hidden' passage you find near the back of the volcano, with a knocked over pillar in the water in front of it. this is the spot townie mermaids will swim around in if they're in the neighborhood and not just doing a walkby (nalani is the exception, she never swims there). they have also said it apparently takes having the island at 100% conservation *and* having a game-created mermaid (not player-made) in the household that discovers it, so lots of things need to line up perfectly

i haven't gotten anywhere near this point, myself yet, so can't verify it. but it seems like some people just read the latest 2-3 posts and ignore anything earlier than them

How would I know if my island is at 100% conservation? I haven’t even experienced the Turtle Hatching event yet, but everything is flourishing. I’ll take a closer look at the cave behind the volcano, It didn’t have any interactions in the first place.
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »

33k7tc1.png

Yeah, that’s exactly what I mentioned earlier lol. Once you complete the map there isn’t one. I even checked in Debug to see if the map was completed and it was.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2019
    Didn’t the Gurus say they were no longer adding secret lots after they discovered they were rarely used?

There was a lot that was wildly exaggerated in the streams (mermaids luring sims to death, dangerous cave, sharks being dangerous) that since Thursday evening and way too much game time than I would normally give; have not been able to replicate. Even my friend couldn’t either.

I will believe it when I see it.

In a situation like this I think it's useful -- if people don't want to have mermaids in their game, they simply avoid unlocking the cove and sounds like no mermaids spawn. (My conservationist is still trying to find the cave to explore which I assume has nothing to do with spawning mermaids...)

EDIT: Finally found it along with the lot where I want to move my Sim when she gets enough money and I remove the Off The Grid lot trait. (She doesn't have a lot of electronics but she needs her laptop.)
    Post edited by stilljustme2 on
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    no clue on the 100% conservation, since i've only hit the first stage of it

and on the debug stuff...i'm actually really surprised at just how much there isn't in there. like most of the shells from the seashell collection and all of the treasures from the treasure collection. and the lava boulders (of which there are at least two sizes) and plenty of other decor stuff i was hoping i'd be able to use in certain builds
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    So I am done with the first week. Island is at the second level. Both kids have been getting promotions. I keep having them do conservation task even off the clock. Once you turn samples into research you can send it in to the lab and get work progress and cash. Just got the graffito to fill in some more. I am also trying to hit every party at the public pavilion thing to see if culture is a hidden skill. As far as Whathisname he still won't admit to being a mermaid.
  • Options
    Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I have a Mermaid and Merman who have Nalani(sp?) living with them and have been in that cave a lot the graffiti is more filled in than what cmbaker16 posted, the islands are fully restored to their natural beauty or whatever the pop-up said and they are both level 10 conservationists one in each branch so hopefully soon I'll get to see if that other area behind the volcano opens up or what it does.
  • Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    So there is NO secret lot.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Map completed, island cleaned, game create mermaids....so far no secret lot.
  • Options
    What does the map look like when completed? Mine has stopped filling in any more but it still looks incomplete. It looks like this:
    aSJN9AD.png
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Forget Mother and Strangerville... this is the true conspiracy pack of TS4! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I looked at the Q&A from the 21st and they talk about the mermaid cave thing at 13:48.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961284/lets-watch-island-living-q-a-livestream/

By the sounds of it, there is no secret lot - it’s just a mermaid spawner. Kinda gutted not gonna lie.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @MaggieMarley I watched the stream just once so I probably misunderstood, or totally missed part of that discussion. I thought they were being serious about that lot! They went all around the island where the volcano is and pointed out the lagoons. That was just mean. LOL Sorry about the false info, Simmers. I'm disappointed as well. I was looking forward to solving another mini-mystery.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    After watching it I have that impression too.

It would have been great to have a secret lot just for mermaids though!
    I looked at the Q&A from the 21st and they talk about the mermaid cave thing at 13:48.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961284/lets-watch-island-living-q-a-livestream/

By the sounds of it, there is no secret lot - it’s just a mermaid spawner. Kinda gutted not gonna lie.

• Options
    NinaMariaNinaMaria Posts: 3 New Member
    I have my island at the third stage (last stage, turtles and corals and everything lol). My mermaid sim is also at the 10th level of conservationist. Still can't access the cave.. The cave did stop glowing that volcano-ish light tho, but i think that is because of the third stage of the ecosystem...
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The cave is a lie.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    This is such a shame but I guess the pack is called Island Living and the focus is to live on the island rather than under the sea. I'm devastated that my mersims don't have a place to call home OR even a special tombstone (what the plum?!?!?) Aliens managed to get both of those features but nope not for mermaids!!! Grrrr :s:'(
  • Options
    @GracieO312 I feel ya. I’m super disappointed that there’s no underground lot or neighbourhood for the mermaids. That was perhaps the biggest thing I was hoping would come with mermaids.