Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IslaRose's Build Showcase - Vampire Stuff!

15678911...Next

Comments

• islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    Last one for a little while..

Stargazer Penthouse

I didn't think I'd be able to pull off a penthouse build, just because I can have a bit of a short attention span.. but I love this place :blush:

qtzAYTh.png
    E6zsqkY.jpg
    4STdPt1.png
    Iy1YjSr.png
    56GGtnF.png
    EmgwzB2.jpg
    FzkKF7y.jpg
    gHNTDFt.jpg
    6vPrZvE.png
    mWG6srP.png
    8DKyTiN.jpg
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, and the amazing builds keep on coming! I love all of them, you are a wonderful builder, I favourited all your recent uploads on the Gallery. Out of all of these, my personal favourites are the Plasma Fusion Restaurant, the Gothic Revival house and the Stargazer penthouse. All three very distinct builds, but all excell in their particular style and show what a well rounded builder you are. Two big thumbs up!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I like the Maulseum idea. A few rooms above ground that lead to 'bed'rooms, there's no need for a kitchen, and ultimately the whole house is underground with a big creepy garden.

I was really disappointed though, that there's only one blank lot in Forgotten Hollow. Previous EPs have much more than that.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited January 2017
    @Loanet I was too. It was also weird that the lots were widthwise rather than lengthwise (or is it the other way around?) which kind of limits options when downloading existing builds from the gallery (as most lots are lengthwise in the existing maps). I wound up taking over the NE "neighborhood" of Willow Creek for my vamp builds - replacing the Goth mansion and the three other lots - as it still suits the aesthetic I think, without being overwhelmingly gothic. Fortunately, they can kind of blend in as the other default homes in the area are also slightly victorian or colonial.

The Mausoleums are really fun to play with, I've always liked underground builds, but it's hard to also make them visually appealing enough above ground. The Vampire theme is really easy to build with.. so I've had a lot of fun with it. :smile:

@Corwim Thank you so much! That means a lot :smiley: I like to try to challenge myself with different architectural styles, some of which I'm still trying to get the hang of :o

Vampire Nest

One of my last Vamp builds for now, I think. 30x30, but it can still work on larger lots in FH. The interiors wound up being fairly sumptuous, IMO - despite the creepy context.

8M16evP.png
    fcomlmI.jpg
    8H3PFML.jpg
    Uyg7GBS.jpg
    jY4YVFj.jpg

• TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    You are seriously about one of the very best creators i have seen <3 Jealous. I build pretty decent but im not creative or unique enough. Dont know how to be creative to save my life! Ugh.
    @TDU90 Thank you so much! That is so nice of you to say.

Honestly, I feel that way too sometimes, it's just a matter of practice, I think. I see such creative, crazy builds on the gallery and I just.. would have no idea of how to pull something like that off. There have been a lot of builds I've started that I didn't like, or didn't think were going to turn out well - but I either focus on the theme, or what I'd want, and try to see it through. "Form follows function" helps me a little bit too. Sometimes the end result turns out better than I expected :smile: My first builds were pretty rough though.

• CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Vampire's Nest is another beauty! I love the shape of the house, especially with the little tower rising up in the middle, very striking. And the interiors are indeed very sumptuous and elegant in style. Makes this house appropriate for both vampires (love the crypts!) and human sims with a taste for antique furniture and beautiful use of colour (love the use of blue wallpaper in the living room for example). Another fantastic build!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Vampire Nest looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing tower looks great! The tombstones in the garden areas give a great look to the build! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The wall and floor textures add a great feel to the rooms. Very nice floor tiling in the kitchen and dining room ! The coffin room looks very great! The flowers and the candles are nice touches in the room. The wall candlelight through the home look very nice. It looks great how you have used the vampire pack furnishings through the build.
    Vampires will enjoy living there! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Vampire Nest looks awesome! Great job with the creepy decor! <3
    Updated the new thread with my current builds! <3