Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUGS? Anyone else experiencing??

13...Next

Comments

• DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    edited June 2019
    totally
    Kathykins wrote: »
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    also random sims walking through my home and dock to get to the ocean like whaaaat!

This, very much! Its like my house is open for everyone. They just waltz right in. Can't they use the beach and wade right in?

totally i mean if a doors locked it should keep people and vampires out pointless locking it otherwise
  • tylindretylindre Posts: 4 New Member
    The major problem I have is the game just decided it didn't really want to load and when it does trying to exit it just crashes. This starting this morning and I removed my mods folder and repaired the game but still nothing. Afraid to play since I am not sure that it will save properly. I had some minor bugs while playing but nothing that bad. Problems were mostly with that beach lot but that seems to be normal. lol
  • barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    > @a_niles06 said:
    > Only bug I'm having so far is just the flooring on the over the water houses. Anything outside that's not in an actual room (like walkways or whatever) disappear. The sims stand in the spot, but the floor itself isn't visible. When I click on a spot to have them walk to another part of the invisible floor, it gives me the options for them to swim - it's like it's not recognizing there's flooring there at all. Otherwise, from what I've seen so far, things are great...but that floor glitch is obnoxious.

I have had this happen with a house someone built in Gallery, I finally just replaced the floor with a different one and it stopped turning invisible for now at least, fingers crossed it stays that way
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2019
    Well things certainly escalated quickly in my game. I don't know if this was a glitch on EA's part or if a mod caused this or if this is intentional (in which case...kinda creepy) but uh...
    Screenshot_2019-06-23_15.27.37.png
    She barely said two words to the thing and now she's soulmates with a dolphin. Just met it. Did like one or two interactions with it, and not only is their relationship meter maxed out but apparently they're in love now...
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I just turned my sim into a mermaid. When I go into CAS to change her top and tail, it also changes her swimsuit outfit 1 (she has 3 swimsuit outfits) then when I go back to her mermaid form, her mermaid top is changed. Is this a bug orrrrr...? I'm really frustrated.

hiya check if your human sim form and mermaid form are linked if they are it will change outfits etc in other form also

They aren't linked :( unless they're automatically linked? I never touched the link button. Does it default to "link"?

(Sorry for saying link over and over)
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Well things certainly escalated quickly in my game. I don't know if this was a glitch on EA's part or if a mod caused this or if this is intentional (in which case...kinda creepy) but uh...
    She barely said two words to the thing and now she's soulmates with a dolphin. Just met it. Did like one or two interactions with it, and not only is their relationship meter maxed out but apparently they're in love now...

Nah this is normal. She's a mermaid, mermaids have instant connection to the dolphins/marine life. Also, soul mates means buddies for life in this case, not soul mates as in romantic partners. Kinda like with a dog.
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    I just turned my sim into a mermaid. When I go into CAS to change her top and tail, it also changes her swimsuit outfit 1 (she has 3 swimsuit outfits) then when I go back to her mermaid form, her mermaid top is changed. Is this a bug orrrrr...? I'm really frustrated.

hiya check if your human sim form and mermaid form are linked if they are it will change outfits etc in other form also

They aren't linked :( unless they're automatically linked? I never touched the link button. Does it default to "link"?

yes, it usually defaults to link. try clicking it. if they are unlinked it looks like a broken chain link, linked is 2 links connected together

• WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    I may have missed this mentioned earlier and not sure if it is a "bug" but is certainly a graphical glitch: Seashells on the beach appear to be one or two together, Sim takes each to inventory and in their place (without anything seeming to be removed) is the exact same set (or single) of seashells. As I instructed each Sim to keep selecting and putting shells in their inventory, the inventory items are in fact unique (not duplications of the original two or what was depicted).

Another bug: Keala Hoapili (game made) always defaults to her bathing suit. She can be chilled or near freezing and she stays in her swimsuit. I have updated her clothing in CAS, in-game have changed her clothing and she insists on the swimsuit. I'm glad she's not fixated on a bunny costume or something crazy. :D:smile:
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    katandmari wrote: »

yes, it usually defaults to link. try clicking it. if they are unlinked it looks like a broken chain link, linked is 2 links connected together

Dear god. Thank you. Ill try clicking the link and see what happens
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    tylindre wrote: »
    The major problem I have is the game just decided it didn't really want to load and when it does trying to exit it just crashes. This starting this morning and I removed my mods folder and repaired the game but still nothing. Afraid to play since I am not sure that it will save properly. I had some minor bugs while playing but nothing that bad. Problems were mostly with that beach lot but that seems to be normal. lol

I would delete the localthumbcache.package file and try to load again.
    Jean wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I find that the underwater parts are kinda blurry or pixelated in some areas... Especially the area with the house that's 17k in worth (can't remember the name)... This is very annoying since I play with all settings in high. Seems like the anti aliasing is not working quite properly... Is this happening for other people too? I swear I saw it a little on the dev stream too.

I haven't seen this. I will look when I get back into game. Do you know which island?? I have spent most of my time at the island with the townsquare and a bit with the volcano. The st laz or whatever island was giving me a lot of trouble with sims getting stuck in loops on the beach and other simmers experienced issues with the 50x50 lot so I have stayed away.

My anti aliasing is all the way up, ingame it's on high, and in NCP it's on 8x The anti aliasing above the water works just fine, as I saw a piece of coral (the purple one) sticking out of the water and the aliasing was just fine on that, but under water it's like this: https://ibb.co/0rNZpGr
    Is that normal, or am I at the right end? The fish are also slightly pixelated (like that).

Pretty annoying, because I like the pack otherwise.

hmm I want to say mine looks like that too. You may be right though because sims 4 can look so fake to me at times my eyes get used to it. I have seen some of the trees getting pixelated at times when I zoom in...One tree was literally like a cardboard cutout and then it fixed itself. I am inclined to believe you may be right and there is something going on. I saw this happen twice already. Once in Sulani and once in Windenburg.
  • tylindretylindre Posts: 4 New Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    > I would delete the localthumbcache.package file and try to load again.

Thanks I will try this tomorrow.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I find that the underwater parts are kinda blurry or pixelated in some areas... Especially the area with the house that's 17k in worth (can't remember the name)... This is very annoying since I play with all settings in high. Seems like the anti aliasing is not working quite properly... Is this happening for other people too? I swear I saw it a little on the dev stream too.

I haven't seen this. I will look when I get back into game. Do you know which island?? I have spent most of my time at the island with the townsquare and a bit with the volcano. The st laz or whatever island was giving me a lot of trouble with sims getting stuck in loops on the beach and other simmers experienced issues with the 50x50 lot so I have stayed away.

My anti aliasing is all the way up, ingame it's on high, and in NCP it's on 8x The anti aliasing above the water works just fine, as I saw a piece of coral (the purple one) sticking out of the water and the aliasing was just fine on that, but under water it's like this: https://ibb.co/0rNZpGr
    Is that normal, or am I at the right end? The fish are also slightly pixelated (like that).

Pretty annoying, because I like the pack otherwise.

hmm I want to say mine looks like that too. You may be right though because sims 4 can look so fake to me at times my eyes get used to it. I have seen some of the trees getting pixelated at times when I zoom in...One tree was literally like a cardboard cutout and then it fixed itself. I am inclined to believe you may be right and there is something going on. I saw this happen twice already. Once in Sulani and once in Windenburg.

Yeah it's weird because sometimes when I travel to like that Sand Beach, it's way less, it still has that distorted effect, but that's probably because it's underwater. No 'pixelated' looks though. So it's very weird.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Merfolks almost instantly become friends with any dolphin; Soulmate only means you’re good friends with a dolphin.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i have a bug

cant place doors on walls since last patch
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »
    i have a bug

cant place doors on walls since last patch

Do you have Mods and are they updated? For example, I do know Basemental's mod had some door issues and he has updated the mod.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Bug reports or technical issues belong to Answers HQ, so I'm closing this discussion. If you want to report a bug or ask for help with technical issues, please, open your thread there.

For more information, please, check this message.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top