Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delete sims or kill sims?

Whenever I am able to catch up on the sims 4 packs that I am missing (3 stuff packs and Island living, entered several giveaways for that. No luck so far but you never know) I plan to make a save of just buildings I have made and sims but I don't know if there is a way to delete NPC sims. I know you can evict them from houses but I mean just removing them in a way that they won't show up at all.
So is there a way to delete them or will I need to go on a sim killing spree? Or should I just make a serial killer sim and do that anyway and make a story out of the deaths lol.
BabyBunBunOfDoom on Origin

Comments

• Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    You can delete them by going into manage world and then selecting manage households on the top right corner of the screen. Just click on the X for whichever families you want to delete. :)
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I use MCC Command to delete some. I used to just lure sims over & freeze em with the ray gun. Made a large garden of frozen sims. Refreeze em before they thaw.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It is better to delete the sims you don't want, because the ghost of dead go into the hidden households and taking up space, deleted sims don't.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I would just delete them, but new sims will spawn. Sometimes when you get a new pack they will take townies you have already made over to make room for new townies too.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would just delete them, but new sims will spawn. Sometimes when you get a new pack they will take townies you have already made over to make room for new townies too.

Yep, even if you delete NPCs, the game makes more because it needs so many sims to fill whatever given role. This is why when I get a new pack, I find out what new jobs, NPC types and cheats were added in and just make a bunch of my own NPCs.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    One thing, don't delete any household that is not homeless, make sure you evict them first, in the event the game assigned them to a lot.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @SheriSim57 to avoid having townies you make or make-over getting culled, you can add them to the favorites list. those sims are immune from culling even when unplayed and unhoused (...i've got over 400 sims favorited, so go through a lot of new townies that way...)

anyway, yeah, you can delete sims through household management and i tend to do that near the end of my play sessions, to make sure that i keep strict control over the specific things i want control over (like sims with the kleptomaniac trait. i have 11 sims with that trait and don't want any more). i also tend to use this time to edit a few of the more horrendously dressed townies if i consider keeping them

as for the killing thing, there are a few achievements for killing certain numbers of sims in special circumstances (killing 10 of your 'owned' sims or having one sim kill 5 spouses as two examples). so they're there if you want to do that. i do it with some sims that i actually want to keep around as ghosts or to get rid of a few that i plan on releasing to the netherworld after they die (doing that will remove them from the hidden households to avoid the bit @LaBlue0314 mentioned)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Not all sims are listed in the manage households though. Just FYI.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    TSandersTSanders Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm trying to figure out a way to start telling stories, maybe mostly text with screen caps like a picture book or something. I won't do LPs because I hate the sound of my voice and video editing lol. When I start doing that I want as many original sims as possible.

Until I am able to get a new laptop, since the sims lags already, I removed all of my mods and won't be adding any back until I have a computer that won't take 15+ min to just get to the opening menu but I may re-ad the MC Comand Center and hopefully it won't lag since it would be the only mod.
    BabyBunBunOfDoom on Origin
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are some sims that are in hidden households, yes. typically things like the grim reaper, pollination technician 3 (get to work), bernard and mimsy (get together), temple guardians (jungle adventures), mermaid townies (island living), stray pets and 'native' stray pets (cats and dogs. and jungle adventures if you have cats and dogs), patchy (seasons), erwin pries (strangerville), flower bunny (seasons), island spirits (island adventures), 'baby ariel' sims (up to two teenagers at a time with get famous) and ghosts that are either spawned ('haunted' lot trait, telling a ghost story at night in granite falls) or haven't joined active households yet after they died

there are also a handful of others that can show up there, like the criminals detectives track down in their career if you had them arrest the wrong person (i've got one of those in my game). i also have a sim in hidden households that i have zero clue why she's there. no hidden careers, traits or anything that would make her worth showing up in it. she's just a regular sim in there for some reason