Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music YOU listen to while gaming

CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
So I generally listen to music while gaming and was wondering what other people listen to bc im curious like that

PLEASE DON'T PUT THE CHIPMUNKS MY BROTHER LISTENS TO THEM WHILE GAMING U GUYS DONT RIGHT??
i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?

Comments

• CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    i LiStEn To PoP aNd ArTiSts
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    This is weird I know but sometimes when I play Sims 4, right before I click the game I'd put on Sims 2 music in the background. I'd generally put-on-low the in-game soundtrack :smile:

When in CAS, this is what I usually tune to:

When I'm editing the townies biography/placing lots in Manage Worlds:

I don't know why but yes I've done this :sweat_smile:

When it comes down to playing other games with genres like fantasy/sci-fi/action I would look up for certain musical scores or non vocal music like these.

Fantasy setting
    (it gets better at 1:00 :wink: )
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9FkTEyaRs

When you're playing the villain and just wanna blow stuff up :yum:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXsFk3v-_E

Playing with a headset/headphones and I'm good to go :relieved:
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Ooh, I also listen to sims 2 CAS music when creating a sim! :D

My favourite being Lemon Jelly! Yes this is also the song used in the Midnight Hollow trailer and I was so excited the first time I saw the trailer featuring sims 2 soundtracks! :smiley:

https://youtu.be/neeXmBkvPIQ
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    I'm not alone :bawling:

@ChocoCub Sims 2 have the most memorable tunes. :relaxed:
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    Never played the Sims 2!

NOW I REALLY WANNA LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACKS/MUSIC!!
  • bbyjojibbyjoji Posts: 32 Member
    kpop!! <3
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    PLEASE DON'T PUT THE CHIPMUNKS MY BROTHER LISTENS TO THEM WHILE GAMING U GUYS DONT RIGHT??
    I do from time to time. Used to all the time, going back 6 years.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    In all seriousness, I listen to Panic! at the Disco or The Dazzlings. I do switch it up every now and then with The Chipmunks; I’ll definitely admit that.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    I only listen to TwentyOnePilots and madness by ruelle.
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • everyyxyeveryyxy Posts: 1 New Member
    Basically K-POP/
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    Whenever I'm playing The Sims, I just put on one of my albums; it's usually dependent on how I'm feeling or what I'm down to listen to but most of the time, I just play some alternative or pop punk.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • marievlmarievl Posts: 14 New Member
    really whats in my playlist honestly ahaha, but i would say like videogames soundtrack (danganronpa, persona, sims 1-2 etc.) or depending on how im playing heh
  • marievlmarievl Posts: 14 New Member
    also ur brother is a mood :)))
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Usually whatever in game music is available. For games like Forza I'll play my own music in addition to the in game music.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It varies, according to my mood.

NIN, AFI, The Cure, IAMX, Sisters of Mercy, Depeche Mode, Blaqk Audio, Placebo, MCR, Gary Numan, Heilung, Soap & Skin, David Bowie, Rob Zombie, The Prodigy...
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    lo-fi.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't listen to any outside music while playing my game. I like to hear all the ambient sounds of nature, toddlers giggling, the wind chimes, etc. I also adore listening to the songs my musician Sims play on the instruments, in particular the Latin and Ballad selections on the guitar. If I listen to regular music at all, it's from the in-game stereo. In that case, unless my Sims have chosen a station, I like the Retro, Summer Strut, Alternative, Latin, Island, StrangerVille, Classical and Easy Listening channels the most. I would dearly love a dedicated Classic Rock station!

Back in TS2 days, I used to put my own music directly in the game and listen to that. I haven't investigated yet to see if that's an option for TS4, is it? It was also fun putting my own short music videos on the television too! :)
  • SimerbratzSimerbratz Posts: 161 Member
    Kpop music like nct, everglow, exo, wayv (I know wayv is cpop but I had to include :p)
  • lemonstoknifefightslemonstoknifefights Posts: 8 New Member
    Good old rock usually. Just me? OK.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited September 2019
    Depends on what games I'm playing. For peaceful games I for some reason find myself listening to songs abit too intense for what I'm playing, like watching a sim have a peaceful conversation or building while listening to a song about death or burning stuff.

Funnily enough the reverse is just as true. Nothing quite like nuking something while listening to Mr. Bluesky.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2019
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I don't listen to any outside music while playing my game. I like to hear all the ambient sounds of nature, toddlers giggling, the wind chimes, etc. I also adore listening to the songs my musician Sims play on the instruments, in particular the Latin and Ballad selections on the guitar. If I listen to regular music at all, it's from the in-game stereo. In that case, unless my Sims have chosen a station, I like the Retro, Summer Strut, Alternative, Latin, Island, StrangerVille, Classical and Easy Listening channels the most. I would dearly love a dedicated Classic Rock station!

Back in TS2 days, I used to put my own music directly in the game and listen to that. I haven't investigated yet to see if that's an option for TS4, is it? It was also fun putting my own short music videos on the television too! :)

I play similarly but I have different preferences (and have been highly enjoying most of the TS3 stations "my" Sims put on frequently). By the way, playing near a beach is relaxing. o:)

I wanted to answer your question; YES!! :D TS4 is pretty cool for this as it lets you add custom music to ANY stations you have installed. <3
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • AccidentalBoisAccidentalBois Posts: 31 Member
    > @AriaMad2 said:
    > In all seriousness, I listen to Panic! at the Disco or The Dazzlings. I do switch it up every now and then with The Chipmunks; I’ll definitely admit that.

Panic! At The Disco has some absolute bops! Every era is amazing!
  • AccidentalBoisAccidentalBois Posts: 31 Member
    I listen to loads of different stuff. There's musical songs, 2000's emo music, Lilly Allen and Disney. It's a bop fest!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I wanted to answer your question; YES!! :D TS4 is pretty cool for this as it lets you add custom music to ANY stations you have installed. <3

Yay! \o/ Fantastic! Before my next play session I'll try to put some songs in the game now. Thank you for answering my question! <3
  • Silver_Ghost925Silver_Ghost925 Posts: 40 Member
    I own a record player in real life, so there is a lot of 70's stuff in my collection, which I also listens to while playing.