Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades Challenge

Comments

• TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2019
    Just wanted to share my twins, Edward and Rose, born in June 1892. Edward learnt to fish from their father Charles and shows off to Rose when she comes along sometimes lets Rose come along with him when they're finished their chores. And if you look closely, in the background is the smoke from the stove where mother's preparing dinner.
    (Sorry for the bad quality, idk what caused it.. argh!)
    C0Fg21A.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Just wanted to share my twins, Edward and Rose, born in June 1892. Edward learnt to fish from their father Charles and shows off to Rose when she comes along sometimes lets Rose come along with him when they're finished their chores. And if you look closely, in the background is the smoke from the stove where mother's preparing dinner.
    C0Fg21A.jpg

Cute! How'd you figure 1892, though?

And oh no, their house is gonna burn down! D:
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    C0Fg21A.jpg

Cute! How'd you figure 1892, though?

And oh no, their house is gonna burn down! D:

@SimQueenie9 every sim day = 6 months, so 2 sim days per year and 20 sim days per 10 years! They were born late the fifth sim day of the game, as I figured the save starts Jan 1 1890, hence around early June 1892.

And don't worry, that's just the chimney letting out the smoke of the wood stove Mother uses to cook and heat the cabin :D
    giphy.gif
  • pancreasmegpancreasmeg Posts: 9 New Member
    I've tried this before and only got to gen 2, but I am thinking of trying again. I will make allowances here or there, especially in the early generations to allow for real-life "exceptions to the rules." Excited to use some of my historical cc.
  • Dazed_cassDazed_cass Posts: 83 Member
    I've been following this attempting to play my decades challenge. I feel a little confused already, I am just now starting the 1900s generation and I am wondering is it the sons of this generation that go off to war in the 1910s before a new generation is picked or is it the son's after you start the 1910 generation???
    Id5yhh7.png?1
  • TheCasualSimTheCasualSim Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey everyone!!! Just started this challenge and I'm having so much fun with it. Trying not to use CC, but that may change for the 1920s. If anyone knows of any Maxis Match 20s CC please let me know. Also check out my youtube channel to watch my progress through the challenge. Thank you!!!
  • nikkibuglovenikkibuglove Posts: 15 Member
    I love this challenge. I started and am on the 2nd Generation, 1900s with my Gen 3 heir already born but just a toddler. I have MC command mod, so my heirs and children have been marring off and starting families as teens. To me it was more realist because according to my research the age of consent and I'm also assuming marriage rose to be 16-18 around the 1920s. So I plan for my 1910s generation to be my last "teenage" marriage/child bearing decade. Anyway, this is a very different and interesting way to play. I'm currently kind of taking a break, because it was bothering me that the world/town didn't math my story. So I'm trying a new save to see if I can delete and rebuild/repopulate the world to match my decade. I may just start over, or go back to my original play but it's been fun either way. :smile:
  • Jonah704Jonah704 Posts: 1 New Member
    Are we allowed to cheat the houses?
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    Dazed_cass wrote: »
    I've been following this attempting to play my decades challenge. I feel a little confused already, I am just now starting the 1900s generation and I am wondering is it the sons of this generation that go off to war in the 1910s before a new generation is picked or is it the son's after you start the 1910 generation???

Hi Dazed_cass! Be sure you check out the rules as it explains who goes to war. Here's what they say regarding war in the 1910s:

All male Sims who are a Teen, Young Adult, or Adult at the start of this decade (so as of the year 1910), and all males Sims who become a Teen during this decade (anytime 1910-1919), must be drafted for World War I. This includes the husbands of the daughters in your family and their male children (even if they are no longer your primary household).

Here's the link to the full rules: http://bit.ly/DecadesChallengeRules
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
    Hey everyone!!! Just started this challenge and I'm having so much fun with it. Trying not to use CC, but that may change for the 1920s. If anyone knows of any Maxis Match 20s CC please let me know. Also check out my youtube channel to watch my progress through the challenge. Thank you!!!

I did a video reviewing the first several decades of CC that I've used in my channel - that may be helpful!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdde392ClU&list=PLq0Y8Y4oW0eVs6SzV_DuNGGWGF6_fePf8&index=28&t=3s
    Also, here's a link to the Google doc which links all the CC (1890s to 1920s): https://bit.ly/2I5zcsV

Good luck!
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Jonah704 wrote: »
    Are we allowed to cheat the houses?

Hey Jonah704! Cheating is not encouraged since it's not realistic . . . but ultimately it's your game to play how you want to!
    edited June 2019
    The Decades Challenge rules have been updated for The Sims 4: Island Living! Find the updated rules at: http://bit.ly/DecadesChallengeRules #EAGameChanger

ivtyo1S.png

Let me know if I've missed something. Can't wait to see what everyone does with this pack!
    Post edited by CuteCoffeeGal on
  • emmaloowho12emmaloowho12 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey! Does anyone have any solution for working out/being fit? I'm in the 1910s generation, and every time a mom has a kid, she becomes really fat and there's no way to get rid of it besides skinny potions. Does anyone else do something differently? I feel like having the women do the traditional workouts (jogging, boxing, etc) is "unrealistic"
    @emmaloowho12 Jogging would be an appropriate thing for her to do - also, swimming!
  • jpaterson8942jpaterson8942 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @CuteCoffeeGal said:
    > TheCasualSim wrote: »
    >
    > Hey everyone!!! Just started this challenge and I'm having so much fun with it. Trying not to use CC, but that may change for the 1920s. If anyone knows of any Maxis Match 20s CC please let me know. Also check out my youtube channel to watch my progress through the challenge. Thank you!!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I did a video reviewing the first several decades of CC that I've used in my channel - that may be helpful!:
    > Also, here's a link to the Google doc which links all the CC (1890s to 1920s):
    >
    > Good luck!

Your document seems to have been taken down. :(

*Is only thinking about trying the challenge again and probably has WAY more than enough CC already*
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Such an interesting challenge so I’m giving it a go!
    A few questions...
    Can the wife/female Sim paint and sell the paintings? Just wondering if she can contribute to household funds at all?

With the new off the grid trait you can’t use the phone to get a job so does that mean the male sim can only do crafty/gardening things? Is it ok for him to collect items and sell them? Original rules say no jobs but @CuteCoffeeGal rules allow it?
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created

Your document seems to have been taken down. :(

*Is only thinking about trying the challenge again and probably has WAY more than enough CC already*

How weird - it seems to be down on the Google side of things! Let me see if I can upload as a Tumblr post . . . will get back to you with a new link!
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Such an interesting challenge so I’m giving it a go!
    A few questions...
    Can the wife/female Sim paint and sell the paintings? Just wondering if she can contribute to household funds at all?

With the new off the grid trait you can’t use the phone to get a job so does that mean the male sim can only do crafty/gardening things? Is it ok for him to collect items and sell them? Original rules say no jobs but @CuteCoffeeGal rules allow it?

There seem to be a lot of tricky things with Off the Grid, so I may change that in the 1890s rules. You can play by whichever set of rules you want to play - the reason I started updating the rules a couple years ago is because the original rules had not been updated for any new packs, and I also wanted to be a bit more nuanced about what was allowed in each decade. I did do some research to make sure the jobs in each decade were realistic, so if you play by my rules you'll be much truer to what would have historically been allowed, but you don't have to have jobs if you don't want to!
    OK @Pebblycat, the full list is uploaded to Tumblr now. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get taken down too!

Link to CC on Tumblr: https://cutecoffeegal.tumblr.com/post/185820331242/cutecoffeegal-decades-challenge-cc-links-1890s-to
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I am almost to the 2010 decade and saw someone make a separate thread, but thought I would ask here too: what did you do/are you going to do once you hit the 2020 generation and beyond?
  • HenliocHenlioc Posts: 8 New Member
    Ah!! Okay so I absolutely love this. I started this challenge using ZombieCleo’s original rules but I’m finding I may have to use a mixture of some of the updates simply because of the game updates and expansions. Using no mods so can’t be completely accurate, but that’s the point of a game! I may end up using CCG’s scoring system though. Because yes it’s a game....but I must win.
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    It's been over a year of playing this challenge and story-writing, and now I'm finally in the 2010's. I never kept a score, but I kind of wish I did! Really sad to be through the challenge already :'(
    > @Ashubii said:
    > It's been over a year of playing this challenge and story-writing, and now I'm finally in the 2010's. I never kept a score, but I kind of wish I did! Really sad to be through the challenge already :'(

Can you go back through and score it? I’m sure there may be things that happened that you won’t remember, though. Maybe.....do it again? Haha.
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    Henlioc wrote: »
    > @Ashubii said:
    > It's been over a year of playing this challenge and story-writing, and now I'm finally in the 2010's. I never kept a score, but I kind of wish I did! Really sad to be through the challenge already :'(

Can you go back through and score it? I’m sure there may be things that happened that you won’t remember, though. Maybe.....do it again? Haha.

I've considered doing it again! :D I started the history challenge and am keeping score with that, though, so I'm content to leave my Decades challenge as it is <3 I was more focused on turning it into a story~
    > @Ashubii said:
    > Henlioc wrote: »
    >
    > > @Ashubii said:
    > > It's been over a year of playing this challenge and story-writing, and now I'm finally in the 2010's. I never kept a score, but I kind of wish I did! Really sad to be through the challenge already :'(
    >
    > Can you go back through and score it? I’m sure there may be things that happened that you won’t remember, though. Maybe.....do it again? Haha.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've considered doing it again! :D I started the history challenge and am keeping score with that, though, so I'm content to leave my Decades challenge as it is <3 I was more focused on turning it into a story~

Oh cute! I’ve seen some people making it into a story. Maybe on my second go, when I know what I’m doing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top