The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaid Questions

Are mermaids only able to eat food from land? My mermaid doesn't seem to be able to eat fish unless it's cooked on land. And using the bathroom? Is that the same as well? She's literally in the ocean, just PEE!!
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes and yes, unfortunately. I don't understand either :(.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    Yes and yes, unfortunately. I don't understand either :(.

Kinda bummed that we can't play with them UNDER the water. And I've only met ONE other mermaid so far...I've been playing for about 3 hours, now.
    O(≧▽≦)O

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, I grew up learning that one can't expect to have it all. We've gotten lots of really nice things in this expansion. It eludes me why people choose to focus on what they didn't get instead of enjoying all the things they did. As for mermaids, there are no rules on how they live and function set in stone. It's up to interpretation and the Sims 4 variant eat on land and use bathrooms like normal Sims. There is really nothing more to it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• RainbowIslandRainbowIsland Posts: 20 Member
    They are able to pee into the ocean. Dont know if the bar has to be lower than green though. My sim used it autonomously once and I later made him do it by clicking an "empty command" (really dont know how to explain this better without proper language skills) without knowing what would happen. He got a +1 happy moodlet for it.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I have a question too.
    Are all the mermaids true NPCs? They don’t even show up in manage households.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    They can pee in the ocean - you just have to wait until they're at low bladder need (this is true of all sims, actually)
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    I have a question too.

I don't know. I made friends with the ONE I saw and she ended up disappearing forever. Removed from my friends list and everything.
    O(≧▽≦)O

Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, I grew up learning that one can't expect to have it all. We've gotten lots of really nice things in this expansion. It eludes me why people choose to focus on what they didn't get instead of enjoying all the things they did. As for mermaids, there are no rules on how they live and function set in stone. It's up to interpretation and the Sims 4 variant eat on land and use bathrooms like normal Sims. There is really nothing more to it.

I'm focusing on things that matter. My sim would die if I couldn't eat. My knowledge of mermaids is that they eat in the ocean. I couldn't figure out how to eat.
    O(≧▽≦)O

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    They are able to pee into the ocean. Dont know if the bar has to be lower than green though. My sim used it autonomously once and I later made him do it by clicking an "empty command" (really dont know how to explain this better without proper language skills) without knowing what would happen. He got a +1 happy moodlet for it.

Is your game in french ? The pee in bush action has been blank text in my game since Jungle Adventure and I was wondering if it was the french localization or just a mod. And now it's still missing for pee in the ocean with no mods.
  • RainbowIslandRainbowIsland Posts: 20 Member
    > @happyopi said:
    > RainbowIsland wrote: »
    >
    > They are able to pee into the ocean. Dont know if the bar has to be lower than green though. My sim used it autonomously once and I later made him do it by clicking an "empty command" (really dont know how to explain this better without proper language skills) without knowing what would happen. He got a +1 happy moodlet for it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is your game in french ? The pee in bush action has been blank text in my game since Jungle Adventure and I was wondering if it was the french localization or just a mod. And now it's still missing for pee in the ocean with no mods.

Ah thanks for this. :) Might very well be the language setting causing the blank blubble. Not french, but Im playing the game in german. And since youre having this issue for quite some time now, I dont think it will get resolved soon, but alas I will do fine without.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    They can pee in the ocean - you just have to wait until they're at low bladder need (this is true of all sims, actually)

Oh, really? My mermaids always come out of the water by themselves when they have to pee. Well, looks like have to force them to stay inside :D .

But I must agree with @Nindigo, the pack is fantastic and mermaids were just "an extra" and for that, they are really well done. Thank you EA.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I have a question too.

Mermaids don’t spawn unless you go looking for them. There are mermaids in the world already but they have a hidden trait that hides there tails. Sims have to explore mermaids before they start appearing. Try searching the cave that’s near the volcano.
    yupp wrote: »
    I have a question too.

Mermaids don’t spawn unless you go looking for them. There are mermaids in the world already but they have a hidden trait that hides there tails. Sims have to explore mermaids before they start appearing. Try searching the cave that’s near the volcano.

So they won't appear for mermaid sims unless they go searching? Cause I still have only seen 1 so far :D
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I had 2 "homeless" sims that were mermaids in my game, basically one good and one evil. Once I did discover that one of them as a mermaid it seemed to change into mermaid form when swimming, but before that kept its human form.
    You're Breathtaking!
    I had 2 "homeless" sims that were mermaids in my game, basically one good and one evil. Once I did discover that one of them as a mermaid it seemed to change into mermaid form when swimming, but before that kept its human form.

Yeah, I think I've found the ones you're talking about. The good merman and the evil mermaid!
    O(≧▽≦)O

Does anyone know if the mermaids are supposed to have a "mermaid buff"? (like how sims react when they see a ghost)
    In my game, no one seems to care that my sim has a tail while swimming. I guess it doesn't matter, it's just something I've noticed
    O(≧▽≦)O