Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Secret Lot?

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    So apparently the secret lot is the cave.
    There’s no game play, just a text story. It’s the lot I referred to earlier I made my sim visit after the devs hinted it was dangerous.

It’s not. It’s a rabbit hole that no matter how many times your sims go in they will always get a fish, most likely kelp. And a moodlet. Don’t all rush at once to find it! :p
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Does finding it cause mermaids to spawn in game? What about the second secret cove the gurus talked about at 14:06 in the video?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    yupp wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg did you find it?

No -it was just the way Jill and Geoff talked about it during the Q and A yesterday. So it sure sounds like there is more to it. Jill says there is a map on the wall that opens up a litle further each time you go in to get to another point or something like that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

No -it was just the way Jill and Geoff talked about it during the Q and A yesterday. So it sure sounds like there is more to it. Jill says there is a map on the wall that opens up a litle further each time you go in to get to another point or something like that.

I thought the map on the wall was by a rabbit hole that was easily accessible?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yeah, I noticed the picture getting more filled in. I don't have it all the way filled in yet; I get a lot of repeats in the rabbit hole.
  • xGallifreyanGirlxxGallifreyanGirlx Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2019
    I found the cave where you get a little text box after you explore it.

But then I found this...
    XrvdnVt.jpg

It looks like you can walk into, but I couldn't get any interactions to pop up. You need to swim or take a ski to get there.
    Excellent screenshot, thank you. Is there a discovered (not user-made) mermaid in your household and is the conservation level of the island maxed? The gurus said that these are requirements for unlocking it: it is an added easter egg or reward for finishing the Conservation Career, like the albino dolphin.
  • xGallifreyanGirlxxGallifreyanGirlx Posts: 65 Member
    Excellent screenshot, thank you. Is there a discovered (not user-made) mermaid in your household and is the conservation level of the island maxed? The gurus said that these are requirements for unlocking it: it is an added easter egg or reward for finishing the Conservation Career, like the albino dolphin.

I don't have any mermaids in my household, so I can't really test it out. My human sim nearly died swimming in cold water just getting there, so I didn't stay for long.

• yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I found the cave where you get a little text box after you explore it.

But then I found this...
    XrvdnVt.jpg

It looks like you can walk into, but I couldn't get any interactions to pop up. You need to swim or take a ski to get there.

I also saw this entrance the other day. I cheated and made the island back to normal. I also was playing with a mermaid. Maybe I need a normal sim who maxed the conservation career to get in
  • NinaMariaNinaMaria Posts: 3 New Member
    I found that one too... But I can't get in.. May it have some connection to the painting by the other cave? It is getting more and more filled in, almost a full picture in my game now...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    I guess it's just a mermaid spawner? I'm confused.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited June 2019
    How do you have a "discovered not made mermaid" in your household? I found that cave by the way but couldn't enter it.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    Where is this cave I’ve been searching and what does it do? The fact that they chose not to give us any information makes me mad
    It's on the backside of the volcano next to one of the small beaches. You have to swim to get to it.
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    How do you have a "discovered not made mermaid" in your household? I found that cave by the way but couldn't enter it.

I don't know as I haven't played with mermaids yet. Maybe you meet one, raise friendship levels with her, have her confess that she is a mermaid and then invite her to move in with you? My sim couple were out on a date at the Sand Bar and Nalani (the mermaid from the trailer) suddenly showed up, and started talking to my couple on her own. She was extremely friendly and tried talking to them both a couple of times. I had each of them introduce themselves to her but since neither are going to be conservationists I did not attempt to become friends. Based on my experience, though, I don't think it is that hard to meet her.
    Well that will give me something to try.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can indeed do the 'raise friendship, invite to move in' thing since i did that with nalani in my game. had my own mermaid introduce himself to her (and both generated mermaids in my game... if it helps, those generated mermaids tend to spawn next to that cave we can't interact with and frolick around it for a few hours before leaving and being replaced by another mermaid. but nalani never seems to go up there), eventually had her move in with him, since she's in a hidden household (same with the townie mermaids), then i moved her into a house of her own since i'd wanted her living on the 'rich' island since the pack had been announced

nalani seems much more friendly to regular sims than the generated mermaids, she acts like the other islanders, does walkbys and such while the generated mermaids tend to just hang out in the water and ignore other sims (though they also do walkbys, too. and, at least in my case, are quite recognizeable because one has a 'misshapen' more shark-like head, even in her human form)
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    I saw that cave, and a merman entered it. My own merman could not interact though. Have to try with Nalani. I befriended her and made her move in with another Sim :-)
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Day one. Manannan moved in, joined the conservationist career, met and became Nalani's boyfriend, moved her in. Nalani's has become a conservationist too. Oh he also befriended the dude with the Hawaiian fire god's name but hasn't gotten him to fess up yet. Gonna move him in to once he breaks down and admits to being mer. Now to start cleaning up the islands.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    You have to keep exploring, after 40 times you will complete the graffiti on the cave wall. It’ll let you travel to water caves, underground pools and some other stuff. I haven’t completed the whole map, but it keeps offering options after 10 times of exploring each time. I’m hoping it takes me to the lot after the map is completed.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Same here. The map isn’t complete yet either but I’m getting more options.
    HimRumi wrote: »
    You have to keep exploring, after 40 times you will complete the graffiti on the cave wall. It’ll let you travel to water caves, underground pools and some other stuff. I haven’t completed the whole map, but it keeps offering options after 10 times of exploring each time. I’m hoping it takes me to the lot after the map is completed.

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Just an Update:
    I completed the map but there is no hidden cave. A little shook, but I’m okay with it. I enjoyedthe anticipation anyways, but the most we could do was Discover Natural Wonder, Travel Cave Waters, Explore and Search For Wildlife.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    others have said in this very thread that apparently it is the 'hidden' passage you find near the back of the volcano, with a knocked over pillar in the water in front of it. this is the spot townie mermaids will swim around in if they're in the neighborhood and not just doing a walkby (nalani is the exception, she never swims there). they have also said it apparently takes having the island at 100% conservation *and* having a game-created mermaid (not player-made) in the household that discovers it, so lots of things need to line up perfectly

i haven't gotten anywhere near this point, myself yet, so can't verify it. but it seems like some people just read the latest 2-3 posts and ignore anything earlier than them
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @kalaksed hmm I’ve seen the cave you mean. My island is at 100% conservation but I don’t have a game created mermaid in my household. Does Nalani count as a game created mermaid? I could have her join the household as my sims are friends with her.