Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Other sims can ride your sims aqua zips (and probably canoes).
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can turn off Elementals? Creeped me out when I saw them in trailer. Haven't started playing yet as I'm replacing townies, adding my own Sims and re-building and remodeling before I start my game play.

I don't think you can turn them off but I've been playing the new pack all day and I haven't seen them. I suppose as long as you're looking for them you won't find them. I know you can summon them and I think 1 event has them but I haven't seen that event.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    You can have 2 sims shower under the waterfall at the same time. In my case it was a married couple. I had them shower nude. They got the embarrased moodlet.

You tell them to shower at the same time. One gets on the right side of the waterfall the other on the left.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Zussage wrote: »
    Oh, also, there were rumours about a secret mermaid beach floating around before release. Any word on if its true?

The gurus mentioned it in their Q&A live stream this morning. It's on the same island as the volcano but it's an Easter egg lot that allows you to visit there once your mermaid reaches a certain skill level. I think it was at about the halfway mark in the stream.

:O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited June 2019
    Does anyone know if you can turn off Elementals? Creeped me out when I saw them in trailer. Haven't started playing yet as I'm replacing townies, adding my own Sims and re-building and remodeling before I start my game play.

I don't think so, but can't you just not summon them? Or do they appear on their own sometimes?

They don't appear on their own, unless you have one of the new lot traits on a lot, or you can summon them if you have the child of the ocean trait.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    The more you explore the cave on the Conservation Island, the more complete the graffito next to the entrance becomes. And you get more options like "Look for animals", "Look for nature´s wonders" (sorry no native speaker, tried to translate from German). This time you can not find all collectibles in the hiddenobjects menu un Buy/Build, but I found a mysterious chest, that can not be opened (this option is faded grey). I wonder how you get it ingame and how to open it.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    You sim can actually be pulled by a current in the water and away fro their original spot. She was swimming with her brother and suddenly got pulled away and she started to panic and I started to panic. Swimming in the ocean in nerve inducing haha.
    zvQSrZW.png
    Then after awhile this happened.
    riFeRWN.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    stenopelix wrote: »
    The more you explore the cave on the Conservation Island, the more complete the graffito next to the entrance becomes.

@stenopelix , that's awesome! I didn't even realise that was meant to be a grafitto (I thought it was a plant or fungus growing on the side of the rock).
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

I don't think you can turn them off but I've been playing the new pack all day and I haven't seen them. I suppose as long as you're looking for them you won't find them. I know you can summon them and I think 1 event has them but I haven't seen that event.

How do Elementals even look like? I've yet to see one anywhere
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2019
    Your sim can freeze to death in water. Happened to me cause I forgot to change the season to summer. Their jerked down.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    If you have a Friend of Animal aspiration interactions with dolphin will count as friendly interactions with a pet contributing to completion of one of aspiration stages.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2019
    I discovered something cute: More than one sim can call a dolphin!

tumblr_ptiojrmK0N1t1fm14o2_540.jpg

And you can feed dolphins fish from your inventory instead of the default 2$ fish. Now I wonder if they eat every kind of fish in the game?
    Time for some cruel experiments :o

tumblr_ptiorrSKBu1t1fm14o1_540.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    When sims drink Kava before going to bed, they can wake up with a moodlet that says: Well-Rested (From Resting with Kava) :D
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I just spotted a sim with a red ! above her head. Hovered over her and it said 'Anti Environmentalist'. There was a lot of rubbish floating in the sea round this area too and my mermaid had the option to 'Confront about wrong doing' or 'Ask nicely to leave.'
    U4YUA8J.png

I love this so much! My sim had the option to do this as well. Wondering if it's because he's a "Child of the Islands"? Either way, love this feature. He was pretty upset about the guy not listening to his (obviously superior) arguments :joy:
    I discovered something cute: More than one sim can call a dolphin!

tumblr_ptiojrmK0N1t1fm14o2_540.jpg

And you can feed dolphins fish from your inventory instead of the default 2$ fish. Now I wonder if they eat every kind of fish in the game?
    Time for some cruel experiments :o

tumblr_ptiorrSKBu1t1fm14o1_540.jpg

How did I not know this ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited June 2019
    Did you know?

You can make shark and sea turtle sandcastles.

Oh my gosh! I first read your post as "Did you know, that you can create shark and turtle cassaroles." Romao! I had to re read that several times.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    I was hoping this was more of a vacation destination, but all is well. Guess my Sim will have to move around a lot.

Make a bed and breakfast to send them to. A bar with motel rooms works great.
    Also, you can use a business lot as a second home, especially if like me you don’t have yours sims walk home, but use travel.

Excellent ideas!!! Forgot all about the business and living above it. The island can definitly use a bakery. Would adore it even more if we could make and sell smoothies with the fruit that we harvest.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Viewing in first person while swimming or snorkeling is pretty danged satisfying in lieu of being able to follow the Sims underwater like in S3.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Apparently when sims are kissed by a mermaid they can dive for longer periods of time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    The Fitness skill actually impacts the way Sims swim now. They used to all just do a flailing attempt at breast stroke in the pool. Cool to see Sims with higher level Fitness skill actually do freestyle now!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2019
    Where do you find Dolphins? I have not seen one yet. :# Never mind...just found them. Now I'm going to look for the waterfall.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    There is probably, judging by the stream of the devs, something bigger than the shark in the waters. The devs said something in the lines of that the shark is an omen for something bigger in the water.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    A question for those of you playing conservationist sims: how many spots for surveying wildlife on Mua Pel'am have you discovered? I know of five - it would be useful to know of more if they exist. The five I found are:
    Wild pineapple plant, wild coconut plant, wild taro plant, frogs in the waterfall, mysterious cave
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    If you commune with the island spirits one of the buffs they give you is 'Island Abundance'. My Sim had a full hunger bar for hours!

bjepa1.png
    giphy.gif