Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUGS? Anyone else experiencing??

Comments

• aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    The dishes thing was a previous bug that I had. It hasn't been an issue since the most recent patch and/or Island Living.
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • Mangekyo625Mangekyo625 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm experiencing something that I've never experienced before. My mermaid and non mermaid sims had a baby (now a toddler) who looks nothing like his parents. Mom is white with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Dad is slightly darker skinned (still white though) with blue eyes and blonde hair. Their son is tan with black hair and dark brown eyes. He looks like a stereotypical Pacific Islander. The forum won't let me post pictures, so hopefully this description is enough to realize that this is super weird and makes zero sense genetically. The parents tried for him behind the waterfall in Sulani, so it's almost like my female sim was impregnated by a Sulani waterfall spirit or something.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    anoses wrote: »
    I have two for now one of them is when i am playing on the empty 50x50 lot at Sulani Npc vendors are spawning inside on the house and the other one is tan problem when my sims skin returns to normal color the portrait of the sims changes and its is not my sims face when i realized i was like who is this person on the left

ok that is weird. It turns to a different face???

The one tan problem I am seeing now are sims I am taking to sulani for a beach day. They are not tanning at all. They get the buff like they are sunkissed but no change in color. The sims I have living in sulani tanned perfectly no issues. The problem you are having I have not seen yet. I am going to delete my cache and see if this fixes the issue.
    I'm experiencing something that I've never experienced before. My mermaid and non mermaid sims had a baby (now a toddler) who looks nothing like his parents. Mom is white with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Dad is slightly darker skinned (still white though) with blue eyes and blonde hair. Their son is tan with black hair and dark brown eyes. He looks like a stereotypical Pacific Islander. The forum won't let me post pictures, so hopefully this description is enough to realize that this is super weird and makes zero sense genetically. The parents tried for him behind the waterfall in Sulani, so it's almost like my female sim was impregnated by a Sulani waterfall spirit or something.

hmmm LOL sorry laughing at the spirit part. Ugh I hope they are not pulling genetics for townie spawns there. I haven't had kids there but the ones that live there look like Pacific Islanders. I have a couple moving there later but they are teens so it will be a while.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I noticed in my restaurants sims order food but the waiter NEVER brings it after many hours. And if I try to play as owner of restaurant, the employees dont show up for work (except cook, he came) so annoying.

Also mermaid ghosts have invisible tails, now they look like they're swimming with tube for legs it's funny but I'd prefer their tails to be ghostly visible

Oh and weird bug where if sims go to Beach lot they freeze and dont anything even resetting doednt work, they just stand for hours until I click M to map and go somewhere else
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I've had these two so far:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-Toddler-issues-with-eating-sleeping-stuck-toys/m-p/7955699#M91994
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-IL-Sulani-doesn-t-count-for-Fish-in-3-different/m-p/7964160/highlight/true#M92868

My work around for the toddler one is not to play with certain toys... it's a pain yes but there is lots to do for me otherwise so I'm good for a bit. Not a big family player though it would be a real pain if I were. The fishing one .. you go to the other worlds and ding off three spots then go back to Sulani if that's where you started from. It could definitely disrupt stories but didn't break my game.

Make sure you are reporting or starting a report for an issue your having.

Thanks @Hermitgirl. I me too'd them.
    Angellulu wrote: »
    I noticed in my restaurants sims order food but the waiter NEVER brings it after many hours. And if I try to play as owner of restaurant, the employees dont show up for work (except cook, he came) so annoying.

Also mermaid ghosts have invisible tails, now they look like they're swimming with tube for legs it's funny but I'd prefer their tails to be ghostly visible

Oh and weird bug where if sims go to Beach lot they freeze and dont anything even resetting doednt work, they just stand for hours until I click M to map and go somewhere else

I can't comment on the restaurants. I haven't had any issues except some weird conversation stuff like complimenting appearances showing up like they have stand up to do it but they don't actually do it. Anyway my sims do not own restaurants either.

Mermaid ghost missing the tail?!!? :open_mouth: I haven't seen a dead mermaid yet but that must be bananas.

I have seen weird freezes on the beach. I have seen sims showing chilled from the water, while on land...not sure what that was about. I restarted the game and I haven't seen it lately.
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    @anoses and @MidnightAura are you guys referring to the lot near the luxury beach? The empty one? I feel like that area is really buggy.

Yes the empty 50x50 lot at Lani st taz i have tried many times with mods without mods delete house replace another house delete localthumb every time i ended up with NPC vendors spawning inside on the house

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Vendors-Appears-Disappears-Inside-On-The-House/m-p/7961556#M92562
    I have two for now one of them is when i am playing on the empty 50x50 lot at Sulani Npc vendors are spawning inside on the house and the other one is tan problem when my sims skin returns to normal color the portrait of the sims changes and its is not my sims face when i realized i was like who is this person on the left

ok that is weird. It turns to a different face???

The one tan problem I am seeing now are sims I am taking to sulani for a beach day. They are not tanning at all. They get the buff like they are sunkissed but no change in color. The sims I have living in sulani tanned perfectly no issues. The problem you are having I have not seen yet. I am going to delete my cache and see if this fixes the issue.

I was not able to capture when her face changed because i was in shock i moved her to CAS to check her face there was normal but the sim portrait was not her after bath she changed to herself again there is something similar on Ea bugs report for the sims portrait but mine was completely different face
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-IL-Sim-Portrait-has-thinner-nose-with-tan/m-p/7964761#M92966
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just to make sure, I've been experiencing Ruiting issues with Swiming far distances, especially with mermaid sims. Basically the run over the water Jesus style (including mermaids), I know the pack is new and all, but game breaking bugs in the mermaid lifestate and swimming, which were pretty hyped about is pretty annoying at least, infuriating at most., that being said this could be a modding issue, but I've removed all mods that modify routing (as far as I know).

Edit: Nevermind, Just found out that Mermaids and Custom Default Feet don't work great together.
    Post edited by AuronoiChieftain on
    @anoses when your sim had a different face, he or she still looked similar but odd looking?? My sim looks so weird in the portrait. I had to remove some custom skins I didn't realize I had to make the tanning work. Tanning is working for me now but that portrait face look weird.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I find that the underwater parts are kinda blurry or pixelated in some areas... Especially the area with the house that's 17k in worth (can't remember the name)... This is very annoying since I play with all settings in high. Seems like the anti aliasing is not working quite properly... Is this happening for other people too? I swear I saw it a little on the dev stream too.
    edited June 2019
    @anoses when your sim had a different face, he or she still looked similar but odd looking?? My sim looks so weird in the portrait. I had to remove some custom skins I didn't realize I had to make the tanning work. Tanning is working for me now but that portrait face look weird.

yes odd looking cheeks and her forehead was different in the portrait it was like triangular-shaped i dont have any cc in my game i am not using i have few mods but they are mods that almost all players have
    edited June 2019

yes odd looking cheeks and her forehead was different in the portrait it was like triangular-shaped i dont have any cc in my game i am not using i have few mods but they are mods that almost all players have

Fce-Changed-When-Tanned-Skin-Is-Over.png

This is after her skin is back to normal after tanning on the left side the face is different when you change her clothes to every day the face will change to normal again its weird

After-Changing-To-Every-Day.png

This is after changing to everyday clothes her face changed to normal
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member

That's a known bug, looks like mermaids don't pass genetics. You can click me too at Answers HQ.
    edited June 2019

Yes this is exactly what was happening to me. I me too'd on your link.
    Jean wrote: »
    I find that the underwater parts are kinda blurry or pixelated in some areas... Especially the area with the house that's 17k in worth (can't remember the name)... This is very annoying since I play with all settings in high. Seems like the anti aliasing is not working quite properly... Is this happening for other people too? I swear I saw it a little on the dev stream too.

I haven't seen this. I will look when I get back into game. Do you know which island?? I have spent most of my time at the island with the townsquare and a bit with the volcano. The st laz or whatever island was giving me a lot of trouble with sims getting stuck in loops on the beach and other simmers experienced issues with the 50x50 lot so I have stayed away.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Thanks for the tips on the whims, everyone :) I guess I didn’t notice that for a while because my computer died several months back and I lost all my saves so I only recently reinstalled and started playing again!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It will be interesting to see how much of this mess LGR encounters when he does his evaluation for his review. The more I read on the forums the more this pack sounds like ordering a sports car on line but when going to the dealer to pick up it's a brightly painted Yugo.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Jean wrote: »

I haven't seen this. I will look when I get back into game. Do you know which island?? I have spent most of my time at the island with the townsquare and a bit with the volcano. The st laz or whatever island was giving me a lot of trouble with sims getting stuck in loops on the beach and other simmers experienced issues with the 50x50 lot so I have stayed away.

My anti aliasing is all the way up, ingame it's on high, and in NCP it's on 8x The anti aliasing above the water works just fine, as I saw a piece of coral (the purple one) sticking out of the water and the aliasing was just fine on that, but under water it's like this: https://ibb.co/0rNZpGr
    Is that normal, or am I at the right end? The fish are also slightly pixelated (like that).

Pretty annoying, because I like the pack otherwise.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I just turned my sim into a mermaid. When I go into CAS to change her top and tail, it also changes her swimsuit outfit 1 (she has 3 swimsuit outfits) then when I go back to her mermaid form, her mermaid top is changed. Is this a bug orrrrr...? I'm really frustrated.
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    Vlad is able to get to me through the walls now? doors are all locked and he still got my sim
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    Vlad is able to get to me through the walls now? doors are all locked and he still got my sim

also random sims walking through my home and dock to get to the ocean like whaaaat!
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I just turned my sim into a mermaid. When I go into CAS to change her top and tail, it also changes her swimsuit outfit 1 (she has 3 swimsuit outfits) then when I go back to her mermaid form, her mermaid top is changed. Is this a bug orrrrr...? I'm really frustrated.

hiya check if your human sim form and mermaid form are linked if they are it will change outfits etc in other form also
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    also random sims walking through my home and dock to get to the ocean like whaaaat!

This, very much! Its like my house is open for everyone. They just waltz right in. Can't they use the beach and wade right in?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top