Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 should be much more Advanced , with more Player control.More player involvement.

123457...Next

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think the team dropped the ball on the diving element in Island Living. We had the underwater experience in Sims 3 and it was reasonable to expect the same but improved experience in Sims 4. They could have created a mind-blowing sequel to it but chose the easy way out. No more compromises in my book. Sims 5 would need to expand not contract if I am to continue to respond with simoleons.

@ANNETTE1951 I know, i love everything that we have in Island Living, but i hate everything we don't have anymore. A new iteration of a game should always be about reviving what we already had, fixing all issues we had in past iterations and expanding those features... Not taking stuff from the packs just to add other stuff. New EP should be introduced with those inovations. In Sims 4 they planned to take off of Seasons every single summer related feature to add them to Island Living, and its pretty obvious, but by doing so they had to open space for those things like sun tanning, lounge chairs, swimmable oceans, taking scuba diving and other things we had in Island Paradise.
    I know, i get that Island Paradise had many, many bugs... But they should have thought about fixing them while they were creating the Sims 4 base game codes. They have codes and codes from previous games where they could use as reference while creating a new game, but they jsut scrap them like they were garbage.
    Yes, the devs made mistakes in Sims 3/2/1, but they should be treated as a learning thing, not as garbage.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I absolutely agree, if its the same old stuff that keeps getting shallower then the last game, then im not buying it. I use to play the sims on a non gaming pc and complained about it until i actually saved up enough to get a real gaming pc that could handle the sims. Not every computer is made for gaming, times have changed and so has technology. Games and Tech arne't the same way they use to be in the 80's or or early 2000s, at this point it puzzles me why we still having simmers trying to play the sims on outdated pc's that can't even handle sims 4 and sims 4 is made for lower end pc's. If you want to be able to play/run a game then you're going to have safe up for good pc meant for gaming. As for the rabbit holes they did bother me but the active careers definitely balanced it out for me in sims 3.

As i said, new iterations should expand and improve what we already loved and cared about in previous ones. Like when they deleted every single other animal from Cats & Dogs + the pet houses. They should have made Sims 3 Pets all over again, but improved. Imagine if in Sims 5 they release Seasons without the calendar?! Everyone would be so sad and angry (like when they deleted the snow depht)...
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2019
    Personally, I'd be happy if instead of Sims 5 they just remastered Sims 2. The pull of the franchise is the sims themselves and while I've had lots of fun with my sims with this iteration there's so much more they can do with the AI for the next one.

Sims 2 was such a great game for me because the sims were so animated and lively. I use the game as a story telling tool and that game type fit me perfectly. I had to change my play style for Sims 3 because I wanted to experience everything-still lots of fun but not my original sims play style.

4 is okay and has definitely grown on me but what I want to see in Sims 5 is a true upgrade to the Sims themselves. Distinct life states, hobbies and more little details to make them unique and better characters.

I prefer the more cartoonish aesthetic and don't really care about open world, though open neighborhoods would be nice for those with the machines to handle it. I mean with Late Night, they'd say it was a hotspot and it'd just be you, a bouncer, and a bartender. Rabbit holes help with micromanaging big families and if the alternative is GTW-esque events, those get repetitive after awhile.
    EDIT: I do like the work from home jobs though! More things like that would be great.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    As long as there are console players and people playing on laptops we will never have that. We can’t even have worlds that are big anymore
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2019
    My computer could barely handle The Sims 3. It would completely crash when I played the game. The computer would completely black out and I would have to restart it. This was back when I still had a laptop with Windows XP. I would have to find a computer that will run The Sims 5 smoothly. If I decide to buy it, I will have to ask around about which ones will run the game. I will also have to find one that will not break the bank either.
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2019
    I hope The Sims 5 and all of the expansion packs have a balance between realistic and cartoony scenarios that you can put your Sims into. That's why I loved The Sims 2.
    mika wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Rabbit-Holes are there to prevent crashes and allow a maximum amount of people to play the game. I don't think they can turn rabbit-holes off without changing everyones game. If everything in ts4 was active then I wouldn't be able to play.

Almost everything in TS4 is active.

Yes, it is. But we still have stuff like rabbit hole diving/snorkeling. And some careers are locked to rabbit holes. Thats why in Sims 5 I want to take it even further and have active careers as the norm. People who don't want to go to the career with their sim dont have to but I dont want cool jobs like "Secret Agent" as rabbit holes ONLY anymore. It limits player control and fun . Rabbit holes should be optional only. Not mandatory!

I’m sorry but who the heck wants to follow their sims everywhere? You do realize it’s hard when you like to play families to control every sim to do different stuff. Granted I would have loved to see them diving snorkeling just seems like sims 3 they once in awhile find something.

I play families along with single sims, and I want to be able to follow my Sims to school, careers and more. I don't care if it's "hard" (it's not for me), the option should exist. You wouldn't have to if you didn't want to so why are you arguing with those who do? Rabbit holes are extremely restrictive and limit gameplay opportunities.

Yeah the way I see it , playing realistic and following sims to work, school and being allowed the option to be a part of it all, that is realistic play. Taking that away takes away the autonomy and choices of the player and im not in agreement with that. If she finds it "too hard" or anyone else does, then they could just not partake in following their sim and manage the activities in the game they want to be involved with. But its not right to cater to just those who want to do what I call "pretend play".

I play families and single sims. I need immersion for a sims game. I need the opportunity to play how I would like. If someone "just dont want to" fine, have that be a game setting that they can switch on and off or make it one of multiple choices.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    deeman190 wrote: »
    My computer could barely handle The Sims 3. It would completely crash when I played the game. The computer would completely black out and I would have to restart it. This was back when I still had a laptop with Windows XP. I would have to find a computer that will run The Sims 5 smoothly. If I decide to buy it, I will have to ask around about which ones will run the game. I will also have to find one that will not break the bank either.

This is depressing, do you realize when TS3 was released most average people were using Windows 7 which was released like in 2007 and though TS3 may have said you could play it (minium requirements) on XP it was built for Windows 7. Vista was a gnat that went by with hardly anyone noticing. The best thing to do if you want new hardware is to stop buying games and buy better hardware because old pcs wind up like an old deck tape or vhs tape. Hardware is everything and not a game. (The OS will matter, too). Built for windows 10 though they will lie and say Windows 7 can play it they shouldn't since support ends for 7 in 2020.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Rabbit-Holes are there to prevent crashes and allow a maximum amount of people to play the game. I don't think they can turn rabbit-holes off without changing everyones game. If everything in ts4 was active then I wouldn't be able to play.

...No? Rabbit holes are there to allow the team to cut corners in dev and design (they have a budget) while at the same time providing some "gameplay". It has nothing to do with how good your computer is.

• FinnishSpitz_1FinnishSpitz_1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I realize that now. I have Windows 10 now. I have wondered if Windows plans to introduce a new OS within the next year or two.

> @Cinebar said:
    > deeman190 wrote: »
    >
    > My computer could barely handle The Sims 3. It would completely crash when I played the game. The computer would completely black out and I would have to restart it. This was back when I still had a laptop with Windows XP. I would have to find a computer that will run The Sims 5 smoothly. If I decide to buy it, I will have to ask around about which ones will run the game. I will also have to find one that will not break the bank either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is depressing, do you realize when TS3 was released most average people were using Windows 7 which was released like in 2007 and though TS3 may have said you could play it (minium requirements) on XP it was built for Windows 7. Vista was a gnat that went by with hardly anyone noticing. The best thing to do if you want new hardware is to stop buying games and buy better hardware because old pcs wind up like an old deck tape or vhs tape. Hardware is everything and not a game. (The OS will matter, too). Built for windows 10 though they will lie and say Windows 7 can play it they shouldn't since support ends for 7 in 2020.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    jooxis wrote: »

...No? Rabbit holes are there to allow the team to cut corners in dev and design (they have a budget) while at the same time providing some "gameplay". It has nothing to do with how good your computer is.

how about its both?
    6adMCGP.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top