Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pride item removal mod?

Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
edited February 2023 in General Mods Discussion
Is there any mod that removes the new pride items or reskins them? This isn't meant to be offensive, it just makes me uncomfortable to have them in my game. I have no idea how to make mods, so there's no use suggesting I make my own. :P
While I'm at it, is there also a mod to remove gender customization?
giphy.gif
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    The only reskins I have seen change the English on the shirts to Simlish.

Would this Mod work for you? http://modthesims.info/d/602770/global-gender-preference.html
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    you could retexture them yourself I guess
    if you don't know how then what better time to learn~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Would this Mod work for you? http://modthesims.info/d/602770/global-gender-preference.html

I don't really understand what that mod does, but the gender thing I was talking about was the options to choose the female frame for males and vice versa.
    giphy.gif
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2019
    Seconded. Though I could just ignore them and not use a mod and I probably will just like how I ignore the gender options, but I'm not down with the pride items either.

Commence thread spinning out of control...

Edit: Called it.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am pretty sure you can't remove items and since they came in a necessary update patch, you can't really skip it if you want your game to continue to be updated; but you can override items by default if you know the basics of recoloring mods or just ignore items. One override changed the words into simlish as some people want only simlish in their games.

As for their reasons for it wanting to remove them, I will leave it up to them.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Ignore them.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    Lmao people remove items all the time. I removed EA lashes does that make me some sort of hater? Removing things you dont want in game is fine. Personally im just lazy and let it be. I'm part of the LGBTQ+ but at the same time I like the fact its normalized so i dont need a bunch of pride items though love the idea behind it. My sims are Gothic XD

But yes, not everyone is going to agree and thats okay but its when RESPECT is taken away its an issue. There is no disrespect from the OP at all.

PS i am phobic of ea lashes im sorry i lied.
    Fifinez wrote: »
    Okay, I just have to say one thing.

Before people get their panties in a knot over someone not liking the pride items, it should be noted that not every LGBT+ person likes Pride either. Not liking Pride culture does not automatically make you (I can't believe they censor this word) phobic, it just means you don't like Pride. Some people legitimately feel uncomfortable when their sexuality is made a big deal out of.

LGBT =/= Pride

This is completely valid and makes me think my claim for the thread spinning out of control was actually wrong. Thought most folks would assume the OP and myself was being hateful. Glad I was wrong.
    munroele wrote: »
    SFPBeech73 wrote: »
    "This isn't meant to be offensive, it just makes me uncomfortable to have them in my game."

The battlecry of the snowflake! So offended and scared of seeing rainbow colored things, in a GAME, that he just has to try to remove them.

You could just not use them. Or you know, you could confront why you are so uncomfortable that you want to remove them. Cough*latenthomosexulfeelings*Cogh

Dude, you can disagree without stooping to insulting someone's sexuality. You can scroll on. As much as I like Pride, being a lesbian, I don't like the items either. They're too garish for me, and having them removed from your game is okay, whatever makes a person happy. If they were saying they hate gay people and want them removed for that reason, it'd be different, but someone saying they aren't comfortable isn't a reason to be rude.

And based on the number of their posts, they made that account to insult the OP. Wonderful.
    xxJaixx wrote: »
    Lmao people remove items all the time. I removed EA lashes does that make me some sort of hater? Removing things you dont want in game is fine. Personally im just lazy and let it be. I'm part of the LGBTQ+ but at the same time I like the fact its normalized so i dont need a bunch of pride items though love the idea behind it. My sims are Gothic XD

But yes, not everyone is going to agree and thats okay but its when RESPECT is taken away its an issue. There is no disrespect from the OP at all.

PS i am phobic of ea lashes im sorry i lied.

I have goth sims as well; but I am still pretty sure you can't remove things, just override them. Like people use eyelash overrides.
    My point still stands. overriding to get rid of something. My sims being goth isnt the only point.
    edited June 2019
    And so does my point. You can't truly remove them, just hide or replace them.
    Ah yes excuse me, i should think more clearly when wording things. Thank you
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    I'm going to learn how to replace them, but it's going to be rock band shirts. I don't know if the topic starter needs my variant.
    MrSpaceman wrote: »
    I'm going to learn how to replace them, but it's going to be rock band shirts. I don't know if the topic starter needs my variant.

Sounds good! Be sure to quote me when you're finished, I'd love to see your mod. :)
    giphy.gif
    Fifinez wrote: »
    Okay, I just have to say one thing.

Before people get their panties in a knot over someone not liking the pride items, it should be noted that not every LGBT+ person likes Pride either. Not liking Pride culture does not automatically make you (I can't believe they censor this word) phobic, it just means you don't like Pride. Some people legitimately feel uncomfortable when their sexuality is made a big deal out of.

LGBT =/= Pride

Thank you! I actually am a gay man, and in no way phobic, but pride makes me very uncomfortable. The sims is a game I go to for escapism, so seeing things that upset me kinda defeats the purpose! :P
    giphy.gif
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    Tinf0iI wrote: »

Sounds good! Be sure to quote me when you're finished, I'd love to see your mod. :)
    I will. But I need to learn first. I created a Guns'n'Roses shirt once, but it wasn't default.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member

Thank you! I actually am a gay man, and in no way phobic, but pride makes me very uncomfortable. The sims is a game I go to for escapism, so seeing things that upset me kinda defeats the purpose! :P

Totally valid reason to not want to see it. Sorry another user here tried to insult you, but you shouldn't need to explain your reasoning. I think using MCCC in certain ways can help with keeping body types the 'cis' way, so males are always of a masc frame? I think if you fiddled with the settings that would probably work. As for the pride shirts, I'm sure someone will find a way to mod them out, I have one in my game that hides the Star Wars and Final Fantasy stuff :P

One way to do so is use Sims 4 Studio. There is a section that says CAS with different options and one is override. If you are just recoloring or adding a new texture, you probably just need photoshop and not blender (that is more for converting meshes). Pick what you want to override to create a new package file, replace the diffuse as that is the texture and it should override it in game as the default.
  • DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

I don't really understand what that mod does, but the gender thing I was talking about was the options to choose the female frame for males and vice versa.

Technically, removing those options is close to impossible, and would likely break compatibility with unmodded sims. Even merely hiding them would be hard because it would require UI modding, and the tools for that aren't as developed as for other kinds of modding.

Why do you want that, anyway? AFAIK the game by default will only generate standard male and female sims, so the only ways to have anything different is to create it yourself, download such a sim from the gallery, or install a mod to change how sims are generated, and none of these would change if the gender customization options were hidden. And the gender customization options are already out of the way inside a menu, so there's little, if any, benefit in further hiding them.

I will. But I need to learn first. I created a Guns'n'Roses shirt once, but it wasn't default.

Same here, please. Would love a retexture.
  • David-StephensDavid-Stephens Posts: 82 Member
    It would be very easy to replace these with another texture. While I as a gay man definitely enjoy having the pride items in my game, I understand the concern and I have removed several things from my game (items with English rather than Simlish on them) and I can do so again. Within the next few days I can post a download link, if this hasn't been finished yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top