Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with deep fryer-fixed-please lock this

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
So just recently when my sim tries to use the deep fryer, he'll start cooking,then the action just cancels and it keeps bubbling and sizzling.
Google says NRAAS error trap conflicts with it, but I don't have that mod installed.And I tried replacing the fryer.

Edit:
I'm not 100% sure what did the trick I tried everything that was suggested, and also uninstalled and reinstalled my store content which took 6+ hrs to do.I only did that because I was missing some store stuff anyways, so I don't recommend doing that.

@EA_Cian
Can you lock this now.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    NRaas ErrorTrap most certainly does not conflict with any TS3 store content. There were messages to that effect posted in various places back in 2012 when Twallan took a little extra time to update NRaas mods for what was then a new EP and patch, and some players were being impatient.

Of course you need to be sure there is sufficient space around it and a surface onto which the resulting plate of food can be placed like with any other cooking appliance.

You may need to uninstall and reinstall the fryer with a new download from the TS3 store. But does any of your premium TS3 store content work correctly? See this page for a list of what is meant by "premium" and a replacement ccmerged.package file (this belongs in DCBackup) in case yours needs replacing.
    https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sorry, when I googled one of the threads mentioned Errortrap conflicting..That's what I get for googling stuff lol.
    Yeah, all my other content works fine(including the ice cream maker)

I was just gonna reinstall everything,as some of my stuff uninstalled itself, but as of right now I can't get anything to download to the launcher.
    Even after cleaning out IE's cache.Mostly effecting worlds, sets and premium items.So I'm just gonna assume servers might be down? Invididual items download fine, but the world is stuck on the blue arrow under status and not moving.
    pGQdlt9.png
    That is what is currently happening, so I can't even try to reinstall my stuff to fix it.
    The worlds just sit there forever.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    Not strictly on topic but you should definitely have ErrorTrap in your game. It can only help :smile:
    I don't have any answers for what's going on with your launcher. That icon means its still downloading right? Maybe it just needs more time. Or can you delete it and download again.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    pGQdlt9.png
    That is what is currently happening, so I can't even try to reinstall my stuff to fix it.
    The worlds just sit there forever.

You might need a new "The Sims 3" folder in your Documents/Electronic Arts folder. Rename your original "The Sims 3" folder to something like "The Sims 3.old" And then start the game up. It will create a new "The Sims 3" folder. Download whatever premium stuff you want to use and install them. Before you play a game, make a backup copy of the ccmerge file and keep it somewhere safe. You can copy your savegame, mods, etc. folders and other personalized stuff to the new "The Sims 3" folder. Check and see if it's all fixed with the premium stuff working. You can delete the "The Sims 3.old" folder once you make sure everything is working in the new one.

If your premium should ever stop working again after that, it's because the ccmerge file got corrupted. Just copy and past the backup to replace the corrupted one and it should work again.

If you add more premium stuff and it works fine, make a backup copy of the updated ccmerge file for safekeeping.

The new folder didn’t work for me but I did finally get everything reinstalled.It took 6 hrs lol.I had to keep clearing cache after every 2-3 pages to keep the downloads working.Reinatallibg and replacing the ccmerge worked
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I am glad you fixed your problem. Since you often have issues and so many nice players help you it would be equally nice to share that knowledge with others that search for a solution to a similar issue and rename your thread to fit it. :smile:
    edited June 2019
    @Auroraskies
    I don't have a solution to share as I really don't know what fixed the issue.
    And same with the launcher issue, that one seemed to fix itself.I tried all the solutions on here
    plus spent 6+ hrs reinstalling content, so I don't know which one worked, but either way its fixed.
    I don't recommend reinstalling store items.It takes waaaay too long.I only did it because I had stuff that uninstalled itself, so figured I'd fix two issues with one go.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @GraceyManor when you say you had stuff that uninstalled itself, was it items missing from your library? Or other things.

I did a video showing how to fix the items missing from the library without reinstalling.
    @Karritz
    It was store items.For example my cowplant completely disappeared.And so I redownloaded it and it was no longer installed.
    Every now and then it does that, causing the missing objects warning.And I was redownloading and noticed half my store items weren't installed even though I installed them before.
    edited June 2019
    @Karritz
    It was store items.For example my cowplant completely disappeared.And so I redownloaded it and it was no longer installed.
    Every now and then it does that, causing the missing objects warning.And I was redownloading and noticed half my store items weren't installed even though I installed them before.

That's annoying. My solution only works if the item is installed but missing from the library.

If it happens again, the order of installation and a few other things during the install process can help. I can give you more info if you ever have the problem again.
    @Karritz
    That's how I did it this time.I installed Worlds First, Sets, lots, then individual items
    And I did it in small batches.So hopefully they stick this time lol.But good to know you have a solution for libraries as I had that happen to.
    edited June 2019
    @Karritz
    That's how I did it this time.I installed Worlds First, Sets, lots, then individual items
    And I did it in small batches.So hopefully they stick this time lol.But good to know you have a solution for libraries as I had that happen to.

The only thing I could add to that is to only have the batch you're currently installing in the Downloads folder. Move them in and out again once installed. I have a system with a folder named 'To Install' and another folder named 'Installed'. I do this because I own all the store and found after a certain point the installer stops installing anything if there is too much in the Downloads folder.

There is also a list of items Ciane has identified that need to be installed first or they won't show up in the game.
    Thank you for changing the title.

I think the tips posted in this thread are good enough for anyone wanting to try to solve a similar issue even if you don't know exactly what did; and although nonamena's site and Karritz' as well as ciane's guides on installing store items are easy to find on their own, this thread would help doing that as well. :smile:
    edited June 2019
    Yeah.I just want to turn off tagging so I don't get notified, and I don't want this thread to be revived from the dead months from now lol.

I don't suggest reinstalling store items, only as a last result.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
    Perhaps you could turn off notifications from threads you have made, in your settings; and just check the threads you are still interested in manually :smile:
    edited June 2019
    Perhaps you could turn off notifications from threads you have made, in your settings; and just check the threads you are still interested in manually :smile:

I didn't know I could do that! Awesome thank you.^_^ I don't see an option for individual threads.
    edited June 2019
    I see the option: "Notify me when people comment on my discussions" and can choose "pop up", or "e mail". Edit: And nothing of course.

Edit 2 I just realised we misunderstood eachother: I meant, as a suggestion, that you could turn off all notifications for all the discussions you start; and instead just go looking for the ones you are still interested in reading people’s responses in. Adding "Fixed/Solved" to the title is probably a good way of deterring new responses too :smile:
    Post edited by Auroraskies on

I didn't know I could do that! Awesome thank you.^_^ I don't see an option for individual threads.

Clicking the star beside the name of the thread will bookmark it for you. I get notifications for threads I've clicked the star (it turns yellow). I'm not sure if you also have to make a change in your settings.
    I see the option: "Notify me when people comment on my discussions" and can choose "pop up", or "e mail". Edit: And nothing of course.

Edit 2 I just realised we misunderstood eachother: I meant, as a suggestion, that you could turn off all notifications for all the discussions you start; and instead just go looking for the ones you are still interested in reading people’s responses in. Adding "Fixed/Solved" to the title is probably a good way of deterring new responses too :smile:

That’s why I added fixed to it but we keep
    Bringing up I just want the notifications off 🤣