Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realms of Magic - PLS PLS be medieval setting world

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
I know that it will obviously have to tie into the greater world of the Sims 4, but I really hope it has like a real magical or medieval look to it so I can easily make it look like a medieval world that could take place long in a medieval age.

I know a lot of people just want it to have witches or werewolves (or both) but those can be added in with any pack (even a "witches stuff pack" for example) and I really hope we get a proper even if its small world where I can live out my fantasy sims (live elves and noble knights).

Currently the only way to do this is to make a lot far away and enclosed from other areas (so no weird background animations like trains passing) and have all the medieval sims live on the same lot with multiple small buildings, ect.

So an entire world devoted to all things magical and where my elves could live and orcs hide would be awesome.

I'm sure their will be a witch added simple because their needs to be some form of magic added, although I'd prefer to see it as witches and warlocks with outfits for both. Maybe a school of magic too.

More then anything I really just want a medieval fantasy setting finally, if we don't get it in this pack I doubt we ever will and there is some really amazing fantasy CC out there I really want to use!

UPDATE:

I think a lot of people are taking my suggestion too literal, it doesn't need to be a medieval period setting as in out of time with the Sims 4 - but rather a fantastical location with an old world visual aesthetic. Think Harry Potter for example.

Perhaps some forgotten corner of the world with whimsical architecture where the local inhabitants dress in old style european clothing.

A fun place to visit as tourists - which would also allow the Maxis team to put a block in so non realm of magic residence don't go walking through dressed out of the local style.

To the extreme it would allow players like me to simply remove the more modern aspects with some simple world management and bingo I've got my medieval world too now. But its not a different game set within the Sims - just another strange corner of the world OF the Sims 4 with some magic touch.
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yeah!

Hoping for a Medieval World, something straight out of Arthurian Legend mixed with a beautiful Baroque Theme
    That's the enchanted world I want my sim's to be a part of. elegant dresses, and Suits, Robes, the fine jewels.

I would Still love Robes, But not really Sorcerer, I'm Thinking More Medieval Priest-like, Arch-Bisop, Pope type robes. minus christianity, but still very nice, very extravagant. As for other clothing I would just love more Peasant clothing, and a Lot of Clothing meant for medieval Nobility, and royalty.

For the World. I would make this A Feudalistic society, under my Arch-mage. I would love a Nice big Lot, 64x64 or bigger! For my Sorcerer's Castle, and have it overlook a Small village, to the south.

Honestly, my sorcerer will be the only trusted mage in the Entire Kingdom, people would want to only seek Enchantments, Potions, Blessings and Curses, only from him. So I personally won't set up potion shops or any magic shops in the Village.
    It's probably Going to be the 5 or For Lots, like other Game Pack Worlds.
    If we get 5, I'd like do my Castle Which takes care of all the Magic type Shops, Library and Museum of Magical Artifacts.
    For the Outside Lots, I'd probably build a Bakery/Cafe/Tavern Restaurant, I'd Build a Inn/Brothel Situation. Barracks for the group of Knights to Loyal to my Sorcerer to protect the Village, and the region.
    I'd Love to have another crafting Skill, Like Jewelry Crafting, Blacksmithing or Clothier making, and woodworking can get an upgrade, to make bows and arrows. I'd build some kind of crafting store for generic Items. Sort of a Medieval Target or Walmart.
    Making Things like Gold, Silver, Orichalcum rings, and Stones, like Diamonds, Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphire, Amethyst etc. would compliment magic nicely because stones and metals conduct, Magical energy and contain enchantments longer. So if a Sorcerer enchanted a Ring, with certain abilities, and Status it could empower the wearer a certain way. Same with Swords, and Bows, Enchant the Sword with certain powers, and make excalibur, or enchant a Bow to never miss it's target.

Anyway I would love medieval world. Even if it clashes with "Modern technology" like cell Phones. Unless there is a way to temporarily disable cellphones in this world. And just provide other objects in replace of Computers, Tablets and other technology.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have my fingers crossed that we do get a Medieval world. I would love some of the outfits similar to what is included in Sims Medieval. Give me a writing desk instead of a computer!
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    I'm a huge Medieval fan, so I would love this as well B)
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Id be happy with medieval but id love even more an old english garden look! Especially for fairies. Flowers everywhere, climbing up the walls... but i do think a medieval look and theme would work super well for witches
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Oh, a medieval fantasy world would be lovely. :smile: (It would go well with fairies or dragons, too.)

I still think witches or various types of magic users should be a thing. If you can have sorcerers, you can have witches, mages, and whatever magic user, as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I would love medieval themed world, I hope sims team ditched the idea of the sims 4 setting in "todays era" I dont really remember which guru said that. well if not medieval world, something similar like midnight hollow would be nice but we already have forgotten hollow.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I really want a medieval world in TS4 so bad!! But for it to be perfect for me the silly situational outfits would have to be fixed and townies that don't live in the medieval would can't be walkbys. Another option the team could take it is a Salem styled world, since that's probably the first thing that comes to mind when most hear witches.
    izecson wrote: »
    I would love medieval themed world, I hope sims team ditched the idea of the sims 4 setting in "todays era" I dont really remember which guru said that. well if not medieval world, something similar like midnight hollow would be nice but we already have forgotten hollow.

That sounds like something Grant said. And I agree I really want the sims to be not so modern and techy. It makes it really hard to play in places set in other time periods.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am personally hoping more for a world like Midnight Hollow myself. Medieval fits more with dragons and maybe we would get dragons back someday.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I would prefer a celtic-medieval world come with a pack dedicated to faeries, and I would hope that the Realm of Magic has a Wizarding World inspired type of place with a magic school! Something like Little Witch Academia <3
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Reading this makes me want to play The Sims Medieval.

Or wish there was a sequel to that game.
    Maybe that's what Off the Grid Trait does It said it disables running water and electricity, so maybe there will be a update that disables, smart phones too. So sims don't use their phones in a "Medieval Setting"

Hehe, I just thought of the moment, in my story My Sorcerer lives in this Realm, where Time is Sort of irrelevant, however they've still progressed.
    It's a Mix of the Ancient Roman Empire, Essence of the English, French Monarchies. Eastern Europe, With Ancient Egypt and Arabia. Anyway the moment I thought of, was when My Sorcerer who is basically the equivalent, if not more powerful than Merlin the Wizard. and His daughter and Human Son-in-Law come to visit, with children to visit. And it's this cute moment where The Son-in Law introduces modern technology to His Powerful Sorcerer, Father-in-Law.
    He Starts with the Lightbulb, and next thing you Know Lord Kaegan, Arch Mage of Briarheart is the next "Hot-Grandpa" flexing his Powers on Instagram, and Rolling up to the next mages Council meeting in a Rolls-Royce.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    No thanks would prefer a Diagonal Alley type world. king Arthur era doesn’t really fit this game imo.

I like sims medieval but it doesn’t fit TS4

—T
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think a lot of people are taking my suggestion too literal, it doesn't need to be a medieval period setting as in out of time with the Sims 4 - but rather a fantastical location with an old world visual aesthetic. Think Harry Potter for example.

Perhaps some forgotten corner of the world with whimsical architecture where the local inhabitants dress in old style european clothing.

A fun place to visit as tourists - which would also allow the Maxis team to put a block in so non realm of magic residence don't go walking through dressed out of the local style.

To the extreme it would allow players like me to simply remove the more modern aspects with some simple world management and bingo I've got my medieval world too now. But its not a different game set within the Sims - just another strange corner of the world OF the Sims 4 with some magic touch.
  • KousubaeKousubae Posts: 5 New Member
    A more fantasy/medieval feely world would be perfect for this pack.
    edited August 2019
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

I mean I guess it is true... "Time" doesn't really play a role in the Sims 4. Sure Sims have cell phones and computers. Certain neighborhoods and Mods and CC really make it easier to Pretend your save is in a whole different time setting.
    In one save I'm already doing what I said. I have the Game set in the Renaissance, I have castles and chateaux built, I'm using groups and careers too design feudalist society... and All I really need is the Magic and better clothing to get the story rolling.

But I would love authentic Medieval/Baroque clothing from the 15th-19th centuries as well as modern clothing inspired by those times.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If the magic world gets the Sulani treatment and you only ever see other sims who already live there you could tailor the world to feel very different from the rest of the game. I am really enjoying this and hope they get positive feedback on this feature. Haven’t played my household in the new beach world for that long but I have seen one alien ambling by and there was one vampire break in but otherwise all townies walking by lived in Sulani.

If I can avoid seeing the sims that do not live in the world I can definitely see myself getting some cc for fantasy-saves. Deck out all the households and let it roll.
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    Honestly that would be so cool!! But I feel like regardless of the world's setting, I would still love it because I've been waiting a long time for this pack XD
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited July 2019
    It would be interesting if we had a new world introduced, but It can also be hidden until you discover it. Through some sort of stone wall or objects.

I seen in another thread of inspirational pictures for a realm concept, it was extremely beautiful. I would love to see vibrant neon colors and odd magical things happening in it. We could hope that Maxis allows for the world to be at least be half of Windenburg. There is so much potential for this Game Pack.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    That would be really great. It would give a totally different vibe to the game.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Honestly I’m hoping with this pack I’m able to create my own Merlin and live as the worlds most powerful sorcerer 😂
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I really hope for medieval old-European village style works too! For a spooky enchanted forest, village-eque area, and royal castle central square. In woods would live creepy evil witch, and/or good witch, and perhaps fairies and werewolves of the future, and in village will have common folk that tell superstitious stories and have simple life, and in castle is where the king and royal wizard, Merlin style, will rule and lead and throw balls with ballroom dancing. And I hope to see dragons like makin magic style! And good ol' broom, spellbook, alchemy cauldron, magic mirror, tons of fun spells (and this time vampire tree like spell system with Elemental powers, etc.), spiral staircases to build towers where a wizard will live and look through telescope, and new Moon horoscopes, with blood moon and blue moon and Eclipses, and Astronomer career that reads the stars and charts on them. It will be so amazing! I cant wait to hear more, I've been dreaming and needing witches since the game first released. Finally! Now gimme I need them!!
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    If I could relive The Sims Makin’ Magic once again, it would make this old time simmer oh so happy.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm not much of a fan of historical things in The Sims. I really want a quirky kind of magic, something that's just so incredibly hilarious that it could only happen in The Sims. Just imagine- a whole branch of magic based off of only Llamas and Freezer Bunnys, for example.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm planning to go more Urban fantasy with my magical sims, but a medieval theme could still be useful - maybe I'll make it a Renfaire. :)
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not much of a fan of historical things in The Sims. I really want a quirky kind of magic, something that's just so incredibly hilarious that it could only happen in The Sims. Just imagine- a whole branch of magic based off of only Llamas and Freezer Bunnys, for example.

Same. That is what I missed about the sims, the quirkiness. Also it just won't fit with my sims and game and been wanting magic forever and wanted so long, so it would a huge disappointment if they went more the realistic and historical route, so I think it would better if they did something that can work with everyone in some way.
    Also I personally want a more spooky setting with a haunted mansion and mysterious feel to a town type of pack personally. That's why I loved Midnight Hollow. Had some pop culture references and some old fashioned items but wasn't everything and had a quirky feel to it. Trends and all that change nor is everyone into the same things, so it have it more balanced and feel more classic and timeless. It would be so much better as people can set it up any way that they want.