Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the mermaids?

Has anyone seen one?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm wondering this as well. Though, what seems like a normal sim might actually BE a mermaid. The one time I asked a sim "Are you a mermaid"?" I got a negative reaction, so...I'm not asking anymore.

But no, I have not seen an actual mermaid yet.
  • jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    Good to know it’s not just me. My sim is friends with Nalani and I know she is one but I really want to see one in the water.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Huh weird. I see mermaids all the time actually, that's how I know they've been lying to me ..."what do you mean" my simplumb, I can see your tails 🤨
    Really? Where do you see them?
    edited June 2019
    A few times in Mua Pel'am - also during the day (this tended to be Nalana). But also frequently at night in the central / commercial part of Sulani (where the little festivals are, I can't remember the name right now). Once while my slim was sleeping, three mermaids were swimming right next to each other, almost as if in formation xD
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I'm wondering this as well. Though, what seems like a normal sim might actually BE a mermaid. The one time I asked a sim "Are you a mermaid"?" I got a negative reaction, so...I'm not asking anymore.

They seem to tell you that they aren't no what until you become at least good friends with them. I had my mermaid sim ask another mermaid sim if she were a mermaid while they were both in their mermaids forms in the ocean, and she asked what gave him the idea...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

Mermaids don't seem to show off their tail unless you have a mermaid in your household. I have tried to ask mermaid sims "are you a mermaid?" and they always tell me no, even with a high relationship. :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I’ve gone there multiple times and still haven’t seen one. 😢
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm trying to find the mermaid that was in the trailer, but I don't have a clue where she is.

Edit: Found her.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
    Strangely I found her right away. I’m starting to think my game just doesn’t have any mermaids. LOL.
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    i add a merman from the gallery, sent my sim over to say hi. and lets swim together. i wanted to see the tail in action. he swam like a regular sim. and yes he was a merman. i turned off my mods, i only use mcc. but i thought hey you never know. and still no tail! what's up!? :(
    I use MCCC too but I haven’t seen anyone mention the mermaids not coming out because of it. Very aggravating when it is one is the selling points of the pack.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    lizmac21 wrote: »
    i add a merman from the gallery, sent my sim over to say hi. and lets swim together. i wanted to see the tail in action. he swam like a regular sim. and yes he was a merman. i turned off my mods, i only use mcc. but i thought hey you never know. and still no tail! what's up!? :(

They're in disguise. You have to add a mermaid into your household or become one yourself or perhaps become really really really good friends with them before you find out they're mermaids
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i checked things with the 'showsiminfo' mod that i like to use and found both nalani (the default townie mermaid, who is in a hidden household, like the grim reaper) and two game-created townie mermaids. so they're there, just not easy to spot (esp with what simalexandria above says) unless your sim happens to get an 'ordinary' conch shell to use
    My sim has the “ordinary” conch shell and they still don’t come. I ended up making a mermaid in CAS and moved her in. She’s now friends with Nalani and now Nalani will swim with her but none of the others mermaids I’ve made will.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I started the game with mermaid and first I found Nalani. Nalani was sales person in one of those food stands. Then my mermaid went for a swim and there was male merman swimming.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just so you know, the conch shell only 'summons' mermaids that are on-lot or doing walkbys. it won't summon them if they're not already walking/swimming through the neighborhood
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I'm playing as a mermaid. I've seen a mermaid and a merman but have not found Nalani yet at all.

Also, I've been blowing the conch shell with no idea what it does! Now I know what it should do haha.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • KousubaeKousubae Posts: 5 New Member
    Ive been playing for a few hours and i was asking the same thing, i started a human household and wanted her to just see mermaids swimming around, kinda like how you just see townies walking around but i haven't seen any that i haven't intentionally invited to the lot.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I'm playing with an ordinary human sim. She's been hanging out with Nalani, and I've also created a household of three mermaids and moved them into town. But neither Nalani or any of these three are ever in mermaid form as far as I can see, not even while swimming.

I hope I'll be able to see them in mermaid form by befriending them, because I would prefer my active sim to stay human.
    I think it's so weird that so many never see them in mermaid form when I do all the time? Like I even wondered why they would lie about it all given they're constantly mermaiding around in the water? Odd.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited June 2019
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I'm playing with an ordinary human sim. She's been hanging out with Nalani, and I've also created a household of three mermaids and moved them into town. But neither Nalani or any of these three are ever in mermaid form as far as I can see, not even while swimming.

I hope I'll be able to see them in mermaid form by befriending them, because I would prefer my active sim to stay human.

I wonder why that is because I saw a merman in mermaid form even tough my sim did not know him. He was actually speaking with two normal sims in the water while swimming.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Jadeleine , there is still hope then! Maybe my mermaid townies just didn't feel like showing off at the moment. :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I wonder how many of my newly generated townies are in fact mermaids/mermen. I haven't yet peeked into Show Sims Info and my sims aren't that good at making friends.

Nalani is always in disguise, even when swimming she doesn't show her tail (is that normal?).
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    My sim has a full relationship bar with Nalani and when he asks her if she's a mermaid she says "why would you think that?". I also once asked the same to another NPC mermaid, that was swimming in the water with her tail, on a separate save where my main sim is a mermaid and she still said no lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1