Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you find the It Gets Better shirts at?

Where they only available on the 18th? I logged into the game today and do not see the shirt in the create sim options.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If you did the June patch we just had, it is in there.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @PhotogSim: they're there. If you want the shirt that actually says "It Gets Better" just choose a pride shirt and go through the swatch options. Not sure exactly *which* shirt has that as an option, so you may have to check a couple of them until you find it.
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    hmm ok yah I patched. I must have missed them, will look again when I play tomorrow.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @PhotogSim: they're there. If you want the shirt that actually says "It Gets Better" just choose a pride shirt and go through the swatch options. Not sure exactly *which* shirt has that as an option, so you may have to check a couple of them until you find it.
    It’s a color swatch, not the first option on the thumbnail. I’m pretty sure it’s a shirt with the pride flag as the thumbnail. Also patches don’t put a star on items added to indicate it’s a new item so filter base game clothing.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    They are in Every Day Tops. Men have the crew-neck tee-shirt by default. Women have a vee-neck and a tank top. Children and toddlers get three different tee-shirt designs: pride flag, rainbow, or ice-cream cones, regardless of gender. Only Teens-Adults have "It Gets Better" text shirts. The swatch is white or black with purple (the dominant lettering color).
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    Thanks everyone. I found them, didn't realize there was no star marker on them indicating new item. All solved now.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I do wish patched items, especially when they have a theme, could be sorted. Even if it was a general sort under 'packs': an option to choose 'free items' or something like that. I loved the clothing that came with the Chinese lunar year patch, but it took me forever to find it. I still haven't found some of the BB items from that patch.

I couldn't find the pride stuff for my kid yesterday at all. (However, for some reason, the stuff from Strangerville is still being marked as 'new', along with scouting and doctor uniforms. I haven't had a scout in several generations, and the doctor is the great-grandmother of my current kid.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    I'm having a similar problem with Strangerville. Item's themselves aren't marked as new, but the category icons in Kids Decorations, Kids Toys and Miscellaneous Decorations are all still "new items" yellow highlighted. I even tried using "bb.showhiddenitems" to see if it was something I couldn't see causing it. Nothing.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Update to previous post. I found the problem with the New highlight. You have to click every version of the armadillo and alien head toys to get them to clear. Even though they're shown in a single-item swatch, they're treated as separate objects. Probably due to the way they're sold in the roadside shop.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @invisiblgirl - The Pride clothes are 2 shirts in the women's and one or two in kids, not sure about men's but probably the same. They're 1 Tee-Shirt and 1 Tank Top in women's. The default pattern is a small rainbow flag on a black background for the tee, full rainbow striping for the tank. The tee has 8 total patterns, the tank has 3. Also, I found out the Festively-Fashioned Mailbox also has a rainbow-striped print. It may be related.
    Post edited by iamsweetmystery on
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2019
    Update to previous post. I found the problem with the New highlight. You have to click every version of the armadillo and alien head toys to get them to clear. Even though they're shown in a single-item swatch, they're treated as separate objects. Probably due to the way they're sold in the roadside shop.

Thanks - I'll try that. Minor annoyance, but still.

Edited to add - I did try clicking on all the uniforms showing up as 'new' in CAS, and that removed the 'new' designation, finally.
    Post edited by invisiblgirl on
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    > @iamsweetmystery said:
    > Also, I found out the Festively-Fashioned Mailbox also has a rainbow-striped print. It may be related.

Thats always been there, one of my fav mailboxes to use!
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm having a similar problem with Strangerville. Item's themselves aren't marked as new, but the category icons in Kids Decorations, Kids Toys and Miscellaneous Decorations are all still "new items" yellow highlighted. I even tried using "bb.showhiddenitems" to see if it was something I couldn't see causing it. Nothing.
    Oh man, I’m so glad I’m not the only one! It’s been bothering me for months!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    > @iamsweetmystery said:
    > Also, I found out the Festively-Fashioned Mailbox also has a rainbow-striped print. It may be related.

Thats always been there, one of my fav mailboxes to use!

I've never fully explored that mailbox's options before. I was never keen on the idea of using a holiday-themed mailbox for a year-round house. However, I liked the overall style of the mailbox and wanted to see if anything was there I could use. The house I was selecting for was pink and white, so I ended up settling on the one covered in hearts.
    9ndehwc.png