Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Secret Lot?

At EA Play a lot of the GCs mentioned there was a secret mermaid lot but I've had no luck finding it and I can't find anything about it online yet either. Was this just a rumor or does it actually exist?

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sapphisims wrote: »
    At EA Play a lot of the GCs mentioned there was a secret mermaid lot but I've had no luck finding it and I can't find anything about it online yet either. Was this just a rumor or does it actually exist?

No. i thought it was supposed to be active lot but they're just rabbit holes i guess.
    y'all got bread?
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Apparently it does, according to the official livestream.
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2019
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Apparently it does, according to the official livestream.

I've had my sim search that one cave multiple times, since I figured it'd be something to do with that. each few times you do it you unlock a new option, right now I have four. I'm wondering if eventually another one is going to pop up to travel to the secret lot. But no luck so far.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I've seen another cave on the volcano island, hidden in the back but you can walk to it, but I couldn't interact so I left.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Someone mentioned that you need a mermaid of a certain skill level to unlock the lot
    yupp wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that you need a mermaid of a certain skill level to unlock the lot

Oooh, is there a hidden mermaid skill? Or is it just athletic skill?

Oooh, is there a hidden mermaid skill? Or is it just athletic skill?

I have no idea. I cheated the level of the cave mapped by shift clicking on it but I didn’t have a mermaid go in it. I wonder if I use a mermaid if it’ll work.
    So I tried with a mermaid. Still nothing. There is another cave entrance on the other side of the volcano but sims can interact with it
    So I tried with a mermaid. Still nothing. There is another cave entrance on the other side of the volcano but sims can interact with it

ahh, thank you anyway. I'm just guessing there isn't one and they were talking about the rabbit holes in the cave :(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You have to find it. It is not a secret if you don't look and find it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

ahh, thank you anyway. I'm just guessing there isn't one and they were talking about the rabbit holes in the cave :(

I hope not. That would be such a big missed opportunity
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You have to find it. It is not a secret if you don't look and find it.

I get that, but I've spent at least seven hours on this EP now and nothing, and it doesn't look like anyone online has had any luck either, so I'd rather know for sure that it even exists rather than waste any more time hahaha.
    @Writin_Reg did you find it?
  • TheLadyFortunaTheLadyFortuna Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm glad I finally, after a lot of searching, found people asking about the secret mermaid cove or whatever the gurus called it. They mentioned that unlocking this thing will allow mermaids to start appearing in the world, just as vampires do with the Vampires pack. I really want that, and it's frustrating that there haven't been any hints other than this "thing" exists.
  • KscSimmerKscSimmer Posts: 126 Member
    Still wondering too...
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2019
    The gurus talked about it in the Q &A stream on June 21st, at about the halfway point (at exactly 14:06 in the video replay). There is a secret spot called Mermaid's Cove somewhere on Mua Pel'am, the natural island, which it sounds like is unlockable in only a very specific way. You have to maximize the conservation level of the island with a discovered mermaid actually in your household, and then you will be able to find the entrance to this secret cove. Its main property is that it will spawn NPC mermaids. It is not in the same place as the main cave but is deliberately hidden in a very sneaky spot; in the video the gurus are looking for it all around the volcano at night but never actually find it. I couldn't tell from the conversation whether this cove is an actual hidden lot your sim can travel to, like Sylvan Glade or Sixam, or another rabbithole which, once unlocked, merely triggers a new spawner. I hope it is the first.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Didn’t the Gurus say they were no longer adding secret lots after they discovered they were rarely used?

There was a lot that was wildly exaggerated in the streams (mermaids luring sims to death, dangerous cave, sharks being dangerous) that since Thursday evening and way too much game time than I would normally give; have not been able to replicate. Even my friend couldn’t either.

I will believe it when I see it.
    Didn’t the Gurus say they were no longer adding secret lots after they discovered they were rarely used?

There was a lot that was wildly exaggerated in the streams (mermaids luring sims to death, dangerous cave, sharks being dangerous) that since Thursday evening and way too much game time than I would normally give; have not been able to replicate. Even my friend couldn’t either.

Aww! I love the secret lots. I often use them in storytelling. I think there should be more of them. They have been around since TS1 and can act as a real motivation for maxing out a skill or completing a series of interactions; they make it all seem more purposeful and magical. I loved the secret lots in TS2 -- the hobby lots and the Bon Voyage lots were all great. They need to add some more to TS4: the changing temple is the best thing about JA but I also really liked the hermit’s lot in OR. This would have been the perfect pack in which to have a really mysterious and transcendent secret mermaid lot, full of waterfalls, corals and bioluminescence as well as mermaids and hidden treasures (like Ariel's collection).
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I don’t think there is an actual secret lot the only thing i found in the cave is the kelp found like 30 of those wich was kinda weird and she came out with one of those rabbit hole stories
    Did you find the second cave, the one that the gurus talked about?
    I don’t think there is an actual secret lot the only thing i found in the cave is the kelp found like 30 of those wich was kinda weird and she came out with one of those rabbit hole stories

That was my experience. I kept sending my sim in repeatedly, her daughter shown as outside swimming drowned. Whoops.

Aww! I love the secret lots. I often use them in storytelling. I think there should be more of them. They have been around since TS1 and can act as a real motivation for maxing out a skill or completing a series of interactions; they make it all seem more purposeful and magical. I loved the secret lots in TS2 -- the hobby lots and the Bon Voyage lots were all great. They need to add some more to TS4: the changing temple is the best thing about JA but I also really liked the hermit’s lot in OR. This would have been the perfect pack in which to have a really mysterious and transcendent secret mermaid lot, full of waterfalls, corals and bioluminescence as well as mermaids and hidden treasures (like Ariel's collection).

I totally agree. Sims 2 has the best hidden lots. But the devs once said less than 10% of players have visited the existing secret lots and that’s why they didn’t add any more in, that was in cats and dogs. I don’t think that’s changed.
    So what was the temple in JA? That felt like a secret lot to me.
    The temple wasn’t considered a secret lot.
    Really? You can't travel to it directly from the map, but must unlock it through gameplay -- sort of a cross between the tombs in WA, and a hidden lot. Anyway I will continue to wish for secret lots. Even if only 10% of players play with them (and I think the number must be higher than that in reality) that is still a lot of people.