Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many worlds/save files do you have?

Comments

• _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    One main save file/world but others for testing purposes
    you guys make me want to take better advantage of multiple saves.
    still using fabric softener
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    One save file/world
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I think I have 4 or 5 right now, but I had to restart my whole game a year or so ago (that happens to me intermittently. I've never been able to go for very long without my game crashing or losing all my saves one way or another and needing to reboot). I tend to often make sims based on my favorite books and shows and things, and I like to create or edit my whole world to fit whatever my current story is, so they don't always fit together. My Powerpuff Girls world did not look like my Game of Thrones world, y'know? Plus, I usually play with aging on, start with just one household, and then slowly expand and have the world evolve with it. In one of my lost saves I ended up with...I think almost 20 played households? All descended from my one, first created sim one way or another.

Your opening statement is a part of what inspired my idea to create this posting. I wondered how lucky I have been to be able to play with just one save since 2014. I wonder how lucky I may have been, if I may have missed a bug that would have broke or deleted my saves during a certain patch due to being inactive at the time.
  • LoliGilLoliGil Posts: 30 Member
    3-5
    1. Just random people to play
    2. Getting achievements
    3. Testing cheats and mods
    4. 100 baby challenge
    5. Rebuilding every world
    I have 99 problems and spiral stairs would solve at least 13
    Origin ID: Emilissa
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    One save file/world
    LoliGil wrote: »
    1. Just random people to play
    2. Getting achievements
    3. Testing cheats and mods
    4. 100 baby challenge
    5. Rebuilding every world

This is how I would normally be playing, except they coded the Save function in the most plumbackward and nonsensical way possible... and it’s buggy, for extra annoyance! 😂

• Pokemonlove33Pokemonlove33 Posts: 115 Member
    5+
    I have about 5 or more on my other laptop and 2 on this laptop since I have two laptops due to recently getting a new one. I'm probably not going to be getting rid of my old laptop either since this one has no disc drive in. I probably don't really need multiple worlds for my OC Sims (I don't really want my anime/misc sims being in the same save file) but end up creating new games when I want to make new Sims anyways.
    Windmill, windmill for the land, turn forever hand in hand It's coming up, it's DARE What's the matter with me? Turning us into monsters, turning us into fire It's the music that we choose The verdict doesn't love our soul Everybody party time I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad Magic make no sound
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    One save file/world
    Just one save. But however, this one save consists of the multiple families I now play rotationally.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    One save file/world
    _starfrog wrote: »
    you guys make me want to take better advantage of multiple saves.

Kind of agree, but personally I don’t make sims from shows/books/real life/etc, don’t play challenges, and don’t use cheats so... I think I would just get tired of one save and delete one.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    Multiple, some I play when my significant other or children are around, others I play when I’m alone
    My nephews like to play when they are over (gotta start them young!), and so they each have their own world, and then I have 2 of my own worlds, one with my legacy family and the second where I go to just mess around and play with families that I don't become too attached to
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    One save file/world
    Only one, I don't manage well with a lot of save files.. makes me feel confused lol
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    5+
    I can’t imagine ever playing with just 1 save file unless it’s a legacy challenge.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    2-3
    The first save is for doing challenges, the second for building houses and the third is for rotational gameplay.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    One only. When I get tired I delete the save and start a new one.

^^^ This is me, exactly

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2019
    3-5
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    One save file/world
    I have only one main world but multiple save files of that world, if that makes sense. Instead of overriding every time I save, I do "Save as..". That way in case something goes wrong in my game I always have backups. Also it's good for reminiscing purposes.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    2-3
    only 2, never more. one is for live mode and the other is for building
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2019
    3-5
    I have four households that I split my play-time among, maintained as four distinct saves. Then again, I am pretty new to TS4, but already ruthless about deleting households that don't meet expectations or that I choose not to continue.

My main household right now is a remake of a TS3 couple. They married but never got around to having kids, there. Here, they are finally ready to move ahead into parenthood. They have one toddler so far.

I have an Elder/Adult/Teen multigenerational household, as well, living beyond their means in one of the Spanish Revival homes in the gated neighborhood of Oasis Springs.

I have a Young Adult / Teen stepbrothers household, living cheap in a trailer. Big brother is pursuing the Criminal career path and generally being a poor role model while his kid brother is in high school.

And I have my original, singleton TS4 YA household. He's been a successful Style Influencer, and hit Rank 3 in Writer and Painter professions to meet an Aspiration, before settling into Freelancing. He is a self-styled Motivational author and Wellness guru, still in Nookstone, the tiny starter, but making absurd amounts of money. I don't think there is a property in Oasis Springs he couldn't afford, but I haven't evicted the Landgraabs to check.
  • LizzyMacTownieLizzyMacTownie Posts: 31 Member
    2-3
    I have one for my original play, one for a challenge I started, one for a YouTube series I'm considering. Nothing much in the last one yet. Just playing around in CAS so far!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    One save file/world
    Just that 1 from the launch of sims4. I back up my screenshots and saves.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    2-3
    I have 3 right now.

One is my main save where I use cheats (it’s on the console, so no mods).

The second one is on the console as well. I do not use any mods on this one so I can earn Xbox achievements. It’s also my sim self’s save, so I only play one household.

The last one is my new save on the PC. I don’t play this as much since I don’t have as many packs on the PC, but I really enjoy messing with custom content and mods on this one.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    One save file/world
    Only one, since 2014. If this save ever gets corrupted I'm done with the game and will wait for Sims 5 :) no way I could start from scratch at this point...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Multiple, some I play when my significant other or children are around, others I play when I’m alone
    I've got five at the moment but am at no 37 in numbered Saves. The others are on an old laptop I now give the saves a name like, Victorian World, The Oldies, The Duttons etc., as this is a better way of making sure I don't overide a different one. I always make 2 saves as just in case.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    5+
    I had a lot of saved games (I'm not telling how many). Hi, I'm Catzilla and I'm an altoholic. ;)
    I started out with just one household per save game as I explored Sims 4. I'd read somewhere that having too many save games could cause stability issues so I decided to combine saved games. I'm down to 7 save games now.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    5+
    I've honestly lost track of how many I've got, it's quite a few. When I'm tired of my current sim I start all over, and don't necessarily delete the previous file.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    I have over 30 save files
    I have my templates 3 blank save files working on a 4th right now this one and two others all have alternate names for the worlds
    Have a teen world template where everyone is a teen, young adult, adult and elder aging is turned off here
    Save files from other creators such as the Harry Potter World have the original of it and two others
    Save files from different challenges, and then there is the one I created with my grandson, and have my daughter in law and son's saves
    Every time I create a new one or the end of each month I back up and save two copies of the current save files one back up is kept in a folder on my desktop and the second is zipped and kept online
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    One main save file/world but others for testing purposes
    I play only one save at a time although I have multiple ones I havent deleted yet. I always keep some old saves in case I want to transfer a sim or a build to the new one.