March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Island Living + June 2019 patch

Comments

• Delilah21Delilah21 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone having issues with the camera since the update? I've reselected it to the sims 3 camera but every time I load it again either zooming in or turning the camera isn't working. It's never both, only one or the other. So frustrating! I've taken my mods folder out completely and it's still happening which tells me it is 100% the update as things were fine a few days ago. Thanks!
  • Alyse4theWinAlyse4theWin Posts: 33 Member
    Is anyone else having issues with the lot being blue screen in build mode? I was able to do everything else normally (so far). However, instead of seeing the old house or new house I put on that lot, it is still blue.
    54JOX9v.jpg

"How can I try to right the wrong?"- Freddie Mercury, In My Defence
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Do Zerbu's Turbo careers mod work? and also the travel to special lots.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • 107531kop107531kop Posts: 2 New Member
    Repaired the game... now the entire AllCheats MOD by TwistedMexi doesn't work anymore... none of my MODs actually work (despite removing every single one and re-installing them with the newest versions that everyone else reports are working properly)... please help me!!!!!!!!!! I'd absolutely hate to have to stop playing TS4 because my go-to mods are no longer working
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    "Personality, Please!" by Roburky seems to be broken.
    That's PolarBearSims, actually - will add it to the list!
    is anyone else having problems with their mermaid literally not having a face? my female mermaid only has hair and teeth, no actual head or face
    As @MirkaKaroliina found, No EA Eyelashes is a common culprit. You'll find others that have been already reported on p.1 of this thread, in the post of Broken CC.
    After you have pulled out the broken CC, delete the file called localthumbcache. In Sims, pull the Sim back into CAS -- this step was needed by one Simmer I was talking to last night.
    If the Sim is still broken in live mode, then it's not-yet-reported CC causing the problem. Start with skin details! They seem the most common problem for missing faces.
    107531kop wrote: »
    I use the Allcheats MOD by TwistedMexi and yesterday (after the patch update) it all worked fine... but now after installing Island Living it won't allow me to use my money-cheats (Money X, motherlode, rosebud... none of them work)... any ideas on how to fix this??? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the MOD but still no success
    All Cheats has been reported working by other Simmers. Try deleting the file called localthumbcache and test with only that mod (make sure you're getting it from here: https://twistedmexi.com/Mods/) installed, not any other mods or CC. If you still can't get it working, ask for help on his Discord server.
    Delilah21 wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with the camera since the update? I've reselected it to the sims 3 camera but every time I load it again either zooming in or turning the camera isn't working. It's never both, only one or the other. So frustrating! I've taken my mods folder out completely and it's still happening which tells me it is 100% the update as things were fine a few days ago. Thanks!
    Head on over to AHQ with that issue: http://answers.ea.com
    Zee12 wrote: »
    I’m having problems with my cc bathtubs were they will disappear when placing it in build buy mode and will come up with a last exception.
    All CC tubs are broken with the new pack. See p.1, under Broken CC.
    Do Zerbu's Turbo careers mod work? and also the travel to special lots.
    There have been no reports on Turbo careers. Which mod is the other one? Some have been reported updated - see p. 1 of this thread.
    Is anyone else having issues with the lot being blue screen in build mode? I was able to do everything else normally (so far). However, instead of seeing the old house or new house I put on that lot, it is still blue.
    Please remove the Mods folder, delete the file called localthumbcache, and try again. If it's still broken, do a Game Repair in Origin. If it works, there's something in your Mods folder that's broken. Start on p. 1 here or try the list at SimsVIP, but it could be something that hasn't been reported yet.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited June 2019
    Broken CC
    • HD Feet (necrodog)

Broken Mods
    • Calendar Event Add On: Plan A Meal in a Restaurant (kokansock)
    • Family Reunion Event (Sims_Lover)
    • Grandma's Comfort Soup (DiabolicalSims)
    • Hairstylist Mod (KawaiiStacie)
    • Have Some Personality Please! (PolarBearSims)
    • Love and Hate Mod (Triplis)
    • Low Fun Is Boring (Nies)
    • Molding Clay Builds Creativity (Menaceman44)
    • Musical Instruments - Better Tunes On Piano, Pipe Organ & Violin (coolspear)
    • No Blu Worlds (wrixles)
    • Pregnancy Mega Mod (Scumbumbo)
    • Sugardate Job Event (KawaiiStacie)

Updated Mods
    Alternatives to Broken Mods
    Reported Fine by Modder
    • claudiasharon: Try for Baby in Larger Households
    • DemonOfSarila: Incense - No Fire
    • lemememeringue: Smaller Censor
    • Menaceman44: "Life of the Party" Accessories Fix, Thin Book Tuning Fix, Tragic Clown Overhaul
    • NateTheL0ser: Chat Pack - More Social Interactions for Your Sims

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited June 2019
    Updated Mods
    Broken Mods
    • Simulation Lag Fix (SrslySims) - with IL
    unknown.png
    Broken CC
    • Lummia-Vanilla skin default replacement
    Updated Mods
  • xRyuumexRyuume Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Txarah said:
    > I need my three columns again :/ with this mod all the CAS items from purchased stuff are covered by a white slab.

have you found a fix yet? i have the same issue.
    xRyuume wrote: »
    > @Txarah said:
    > I need my three columns again :/ with this mod all the CAS items from purchased stuff are covered by a white slab.

have you found a fix yet? i have the same issue.

Please see p. 1 of this thread - the posts there are updated as info comes in. Mods causing this are all reported there, whether they're still broken (and have to be removed) or are updated.
    A Personal Note
    This thread will not be updated by me on Saturday the 22nd. Have to go rescue an aching, unable-to-drive husband from across the province and drive the car home. I'll let you all know when I'm back if I'll be able to update Sunday, because this will shift that day's plans too.
  • aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2019
    LUUMIA's Vanilla Default Replacement skin (for all ages) is not broken. I just tested this in my own game with a mermaid I just made and with my already existing Sims and it's fine. This was tested out of CAS in Live Mode in Sulani.

This is a list of the other CAS skin details I use that are also fine:

HEIHU cheekbone overlay
    LUUMIA eye shine remover
    Nolan Sims wrinkle overlay for face
    Imdako skin detail for cheek redness
    Sims 4 Nexus Defined Cheeks 2
    Sims 4 Nexus Defined Nose 1
    Tamo Eye Bags
    Rope Oeil De Biche Eyes Replacement

I also use edited versions of the Maxis skin tones by Simtowreck and they're fine too.

Cosmetics that I tested with this are:

BohoPlumbie Body Blush
    Chisami Soft Blush
    Rope Real Lips
    Picture Amoebae Real Lips Revisited
    Down in Simsland Pretty When You Cry Eyeshadow
    Kijiko Makeup Eyeshadow 02
    Kijiko Makeup Eyeshadow 01
    Pixel Pandemonium Back To Basics Natural Lipstick
    MacK0m Lip Gloss
    MacK0m Lipstick Glossy
    MacK0m Lipstick Low Sheen

I was using all of the above in my tests and everything looked as it always does.

I hope this is helpful!
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    Anyone figured a solution for the tubs yet? :/
    Leia wrote: »
    Anyone figured a solution for the tubs yet? :/

They'll need to be updated by the creators, which will probably require an update to S4S.
    aparkison wrote: »
    LUUMIA's Vanilla Default Replacement skin (for all ages) is not broken. I just tested this in my own game with a mermaid I just made and with my already existing Sims and it's fine. This was tested out of CAS in Live Mode in Sulani.

This is a list of the other CAS skin details I use that are also fine:

HEIHU cheekbone overlay
    LUUMIA eye shine remover
    Nolan Sims wrinkle overlay for face
    Imdako skin detail for cheek redness
    Sims 4 Nexus Defined Cheeks 2
    Sims 4 Nexus Defined Nose 1
    Tamo Eye Bags
    Rope Oeil De Biche Eyes Replacement

I also use edited versions of the Maxis skin tones by Simtowreck and they're fine too.

Cosmetics that I tested with this are:

BohoPlumbie Body Blush
    Chisami Soft Blush
    Rope Real Lips
    Picture Amoebae Real Lips Revisited
    Down in Simsland Pretty When You Cry Eyeshadow
    Kijiko Makeup Eyeshadow 02
    Kijiko Makeup Eyeshadow 01
    Pixel Pandemonium Back To Basics Natural Lipstick
    MacK0m Lip Gloss
    MacK0m Lipstick Glossy
    MacK0m Lipstick Low Sheen

I was using all of the above in my tests and everything looked as it always does.

I hope this is helpful!

Thank you, it is!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Almost all custom skin don't work with tanning or burning and removed them for now. Overlays seen to work though.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member

"Personality, Please!" by Roburky seems to be broken.
    That's PolarBearSims, actually - will add it to the list!

Ack, sorry - that’s what I get for relying on my Swiss-cheese memory! Thank you for all your work and patience managing this thread, it’s a lifesaver. 🙂

• aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    Glad to help @luthienrising! I don't usually post here, but I thought it wouldn't hurt. I always kind of panic after a big release like this, so if I can help relieve someone else's anxiety, all the better!
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Almost all custom skin don't work with tanning or burning and removed them for now. Overlays seen to work though.

Yeah, those other skins will need Alpha channels updated.
    Updated Mods
  • joegar1989joegar1989 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue with all of my custom sims hairs (except clay hairstyles) not showing up when underneath the water surface. Has there ever been a fix for this? It always happened in swimming pools too.
    joegar1989 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with all of my custom sims hairs (except clay hairstyles) not showing up when underneath the water surface. Has there ever been a fix for this? It always happened in swimming pools too.

Alpha hairs are indeed broken with swimming underwater. There's no fix yet and I suspect one might need to wait for S4S to be updated.
  • SonaileeSonailee Posts: 1 New Member
    So i had this weird thing happen when i created my mermaid, i got her in the game and she was awesome everything was fine and then all the sudden her feet appeared like inside her tail. I have no idea what cc could be causing this at this point, i have like 3k worth of cc, mostly CAS stuff and furniture but i didn’t use that much CC for her for that very reason. She has a cc hair, eyes, and skin overlay along with her makeup too so idk what the problem is unless its a mod that i have, which i have mccc and uh...(ww but lets not talk about that). Im stumped so, Any suggestions?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Don't know if it has been posted, but the More Columns mod has been updated by weerbesu on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-columns-in-27751117
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Sonailee wrote: »
    So i had this weird thing happen when i created my mermaid, i got her in the game and she was awesome everything was fine and then all the sudden her feet appeared like inside her tail. I have no idea what cc could be causing this at this point, i have like 3k worth of cc, mostly CAS stuff and furniture but i didn’t use that much CC for her for that very reason. She has a cc hair, eyes, and skin overlay along with her makeup too so idk what the problem is unless its a mod that i have, which i have mccc and uh...(ww but lets not talk about that). Im stumped so, Any suggestions?

Do you use any feet mods? probably that I would assume.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top