Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If/when University is released, would you like it to be just a rabbit hole?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

EDIT: Misspelled the No.
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

If/when University is released, would you like it to be just a rabbit hole? 82 votes

Yes
9%
invisiblgirlshanls96luxsylvanColton147147musteniCupidListentoToppDoggdoublenoodles 8 votes
np
90%
LaBlue0314BlkBarbiegalHowGreatThouArtoveronSimpatsyannWritin_RegIsb917dss1984SimQueenie9MawMawJestTruShandrake_mccartyluthienrisingzagboorulesAmj1995meetkitty123Chanty25taydevspice3 74 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    np
    Actually part of it would be good, the part with the boring lectures.
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    np
    a must play for sure.
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No to rabbitholes in sims 4.

I don't care about the Uni pack, but I prefer little to know rabbit holes with closed worlds and closed lots. There's no excuse for them.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Which parts?

I mean, in Sims 2 and 3, weren't the classes basically rabbitholes?

Would Sims 4 do it differently?
    Like, make it act like the Active Careers where you follow your student to class and accomplish the set tasks?

Hmm... but how would that work if you had multiple students? I'm not sure, hm...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    np
    No, but probably it's gonna be a rabbithole cuz who would want to follow their sim to class. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    np
    How would rabbit hole university even work? Would I send a sim away for four years and not see them again until they graduate?
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    np
    Oh nah. It’s my most anticipated pack at this point, so I’d be highly disappointed with the Sims team going that route.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    np
    rabbit holes are boring
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    np
    I can only hope it’ll be treated how the worlds OR/JA are. Townies of their own with no aging. Idk if I want to be like TS3 because I don’t want it to become to repetitive like GTW careers but I want to be able to have them work for their degree. Maybe like CL careers where you can work from home(it won’t be working but maybe go study this at the library or museum,idk) or have them disappear. I just want University done right
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    np
    Maybe there could be a free update so that everyone has the option to send their sims to university as a rabbit hole and therefore get a degree and a head start on any career/access to special jobs. But I strongly feel there should (and also will) be a university expansion which makes it possible for us to go with our sims to university, as in TS3. It would also be nice if there could also be the option in this pack to send your sim to university as a rabbit hole, rather like how you can play one of the GTW careers either as active or as a rabbit hole.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Wouldn't make too much sense if a sim just walked off their home lot to just go to a University you can't even see.

The attending classes part was always a rabbithole of course because I imagine it's about as boring as watching your sims do homework and the like. University was always such a grind it's actually one of my least favorite packs. Only thing that's fairly interesting in them is the activities sims get to do.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    np
    What is np? I feel silly asking. :(
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    np
    Probably a typo for no
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    np
    I guess optional rabbit holes would be okay for the classes a bit like how we can choose whether to join our sims on certain careers or send them alone. I could imagine it would get quite repetitive and boring repeating the classes over and over. I wouldn't want rabbit holes for anything else university related though. I'm not a huge fan of rabbit holes in general. I want to experience my sims lives with them.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    np
    Probably a typo for no

Oh duh as OP stated but I didn’t understand. Thanks.

Yes I’d like to follow my sims to a few classes. They may come up with something new though.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Hmm, irl there are classes, lectures, tests and labs.

IMO classes and lectures should be rabbit holes, what would you even do there if they weren’t?

Labs should be joinable. I could see interactive items like a 3D galaxy map, full sized anatomy model, chemistry items, etc.

Tests could be fun as a joinable thing but they would need something fun and interactive about them.

I think the main things would be partying, dorm living, meeting new people.... But for the learning side I would definitely want some parts of it to be interactive.
  • Options
    Or maybe from like 8am to 2pm you go to classes that are just a rabbit hole. Then you are assigned tasks to do outside of class, like go to the library and study or go to a lab and use interactive objects.

Then it’s up to you to balance your time partying, doing school work, and filling your needs
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    np
    Or maybe from like 8am to 2pm you go to classes that are just a rabbit hole. Then you are assigned tasks to do outside of class, like go to the library and study or go to a lab and use interactive objects.

Then it’s up to you to balance your time partying, doing school work, and filling your needs

I’d be disappointed in that. Probably the biggest part of the college experience/lifestyle for me is the living away from home.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2019
    np
    No because
    1. forums would not stop being salty about it
    and id have to take all this university talk x 100 probably it would just change to ''please make university better'' talk

2. what is the point of university pack with hardly anything actually university
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »

I’d be disappointed in that. Probably the biggest part of the college experience/lifestyle for me is the living away from home.

Ohhh, well I meant you would live in a new world (the university world) in a dorm (like TS3).

Yeah that would be totally disappointing if you still lived at home.

I was thinking a campus world with dorms, party houses, interactive labs, etc.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes
    I chose 'yes', because I don't want to play a young adult at university (been there, done that and totally hated it). However, what I really want is more options - I'm okay with an active university, as long as there are other ways to go to college. A lot of people would be terribly disappointed if they couldn't play university life - I can't imagine that they would do a pack without some kind of active experience. Personally, though, the university EPs were my least favourite in previous packs because they were so limiting.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    np
    They should add it like active career so there are options to follow or let them go on their own.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    np
    Depends. I want some of it to be playable, but some of it i want to see actual rabbit holes (not the disappearing a the border of the lot). Whether the world of youth is divided into 3 for each academic segment (one for math and science, another for biology and a third for humanities). Each of these 3 neighborhoods would have normal lots and rabbit holes related to the area.
    "I prefer little to know rabbit holes with closed worlds and closed lots. There's no excuse for them." as some said above... I don't agree. Whats the difference in sims disappearing in the border of the lot and getting inside rabbit holes? At least Sims 3 styled rabbit holes are way more immersive than sims disappearing.
    If the devs said like "we are adding sims disappearing in the border of the lot, but in the future every single career and university class will be update as an active career/class" then i would agree with that instead of rabbit holes, but we know thats not going to happen.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    I'd be fine with it. Truthfully, I don't know why a university class would be an active thing anyway. Also just for equality; if kids and teens get just a rabbit hole for their schooling, the adults should too.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Yes
    I'd be fine with how it was in TS2. No way I want to go to a class with my sim. It's not my favourite pack theme anyway.