Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW not loading for me at all

I just downloaded the new version of CAW, and my Sims 3 is up to date. All that happens when I load Caw is I see the starting logo screen, then nothing! I restarted my computer even, it won’t go beyond the logo box.

I’m frustrated beyond words!!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    How long did you wait before restarting?
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    A long time, I even opened task manager, and saw the program wasn’t even running.
    edited October 2018
    It always says that until it opens fully. You know how TS3 takes a long time to open? So does TS3 CAW the first time (makes a lot of files). Try right clicking on the desktop exe and choose to - Run as administrator.

I tried, still won’t work..months later. I’ve given up simming!
    I'm so sorry you couldn't get it to work. :(
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Thats sad! It works for me and i reinstalled it recently, too. I used to have to "run as administrator" to get it to open. Maybe uninstall and reinstall? Deos your game work otherwise?
  • wouter1994wouter1994 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem. just installed the CAW for version 1.69 and after the loading screen it just stopped. waited for a while but nothing seems to happen
    edited January 2020
    I got it back months ago now (I can’t remember quite how). Someone mentioned on one of these posts it was the anti-virus, so I looked deeper, and I saw the ea files were on a list of blocked programs, so I fiddled with it, unblocked them and got it all back! 👌🏻