Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    The welcome wagon on the island brings a bowl of Kava rather than the dreaded fruitcake. Nice touch.

I've actually had several sims who enjoy fruitcake!

Lol.... I have one sim that goes to grab a piece of fruit cake by himself and is disgusted by it every time.... lol

LOL yeah. I have a mix of sims that love and hate it but the ones that hate it, always seem to grab a piece all the time anyways where the ones who live it would eat whatever they feel like at time it seems.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited June 2019
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    I was hoping this was more of a vacation destination, but all is well. Guess my Sim will have to move around a lot.

Make a bed and breakfast to send them to. A bar with motel rooms works great.
    Also, you can use a business lot as a second home, especially if like me you don’t have yours sims walk home, but use travel.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Jean wrote: »
    I just noticed this from Deligracy's video...a dolphin can be a soulmate? She's playing a mermaid.

2ur8f1d.png

That is so sweet :heart:

Yeah, from what I've gathered, dolphins start out as 'Curious'.

I don't think they should rate dolphins as soulmates. That sounds like the sim/mermaid has a romantic relationship with the dolphin. It should have been Best Friends Forever.

Then I would hope you feel the same way about a human and a mer - folk seeing they are just as much one as they are the other. Merfolk, I assume; humans; dolphins - are ALL mammals. In fact if anyone doesn't belong it is the half fish merfolk unless they are half dolphin that is. Guess we'll never know unless someone ever finds one.

Merfolk in this pack love being friends with fish and dolphins and all sea creatures. They like all sea creatures much better than humans. They do not like people eating fish or sea creatures or fishing/trapping sea creatures. Beware.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I hope dolphins can be modded to look like manatees and belugas! I love those so much and skeleton wise itll be basically the same, except maybe face a bit different. I really want my chonky sea potato manatee 😫🤩
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Did You Know?

You can place the volcano in any world and as long as you use the volcano lot trait it will erupt.

Wow... that’s cool!

I was wrong about that.
  • simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    Comment something you've discovered while playing with IL!

These are some of my favorite threads to look at when a new EP comes out and I look forward to seeing all you discover while playing :)

Starting this thread a little early (for me) as some countries and regions are getting it.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    You'll get a negative reaction when you ask sims if they're a mermaid without any sort of proof.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Mermaids can't climb the ladder that takes you from the water to land. It's one big duh if you think about it, given the tail situation :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Mermaids can't climb the ladder that takes you from the water to land. It's one big duh if you think about it, given the tail situation :joy:

Hahaha i'm excited to play around with mermaids!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    I just noticed this from Deligracy's video...a dolphin can be a soulmate? She's playing a mermaid.

2ur8f1d.png

That is so sweet :heart:

Yeah, from what I've gathered, dolphins start out as 'Curious'.

I don't think they should rate dolphins as soulmates. That sounds like the sim/mermaid has a romantic relationship with the dolphin. It should have been Best Friends Forever.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited June 2019
    You'll get a negative reaction when you ask sims if they're a mermaid without any sort of proof.

Even if they're right there in the water with their tail out. They'll flat out deny it :joy:

And even if you're a mermaid yourself
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited June 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Even if they're right there in the water with their tail out. They'll flat out deny it :joy:

And even if you're a mermaid yourself

Sims are such liars :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2019
    With Get Together installed, you can create conservation and diving clubs :blush:
    giphy.gif
    edited June 2019
    Mermaids sprout fins in pools.

Sims and mermaids can sleep in pools.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Mermaids sprout find in pools.

wait... what is that first one?

• Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    There's a few items appliances wise that can work with off the grid trait.

Fridges (The one that looks more like a ice box) and a stove, but it'll most likely be trial and error since the descriptions won't tell you what you can and can't use. Might have to take an educated guess. :)

Update on LadyKyn's "Did you know . . ."

On the live stream they showed us various appliances, bathroom fixtures, etc. that can be used "off the grid" - and they all have labels at the bottom of their tags saying so. That is helpful! 😊
    Mermaids sprout find in pools.

wait... what is that first one?

Fins.

My phone auto corrected.
    Jaline33 wrote: »

On the live stream they showed us various appliances, bathroom fixtures, etc. that can be used "off the grid" - and they all have labels at the bottom of their tags saying so. That is helpful! 😊

Think there's a cuple of them they'll be addressing that need to be updated to work on it especially some candle related ones (ceiling).

5vJrxmT.png
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »

Think there's a cuple of them they'll be addressing that need to be updated to work on it especially some candle related ones (ceiling).

That's great news, too, LadyKyn! (about the updated items, I mean) :)
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Sharks appear in the coral reefs sometimes. A giant shark swam right by my sim. You can see them clear as day in the water. I wish I knew how to post pictures here and I would.
    The mermaid kiss is different on land then it is in the water.
    Your sims will leave footprints after walking through the sand!
    When a sim with a ‘pranked’ tan is nearby sims will autonomously laugh at that sim’s tan! Haha
    When a sim with a ‘pranked’ tan is nearby sims will autonomously laugh at that sim’s tan! Haha

Sims are mean :D