Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY TO LOVE ~ BACHELOR IN PARADISE- ON HIATUS

SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
bachelor-in-paradise-kigi.png

One Bachelor.

Seven single women.

All living in the same house and vying for the Bachelor's attention.

A Bachelor's quest to find his one true love from among the seven.

Such drama.

Such excitement.

Such romance.

Could it get any better than this?

sorry-no-love-between-us.png

You betcha. Because, now, YOU, too, can submit an application for your sim to compete for the hand of this great guy. Unbelievable, you say? What's in it for your sim, you ask? Well, wait, there's more.

the-house.png

If your sim is chosen, they get to live in the lap of luxury. Yes, they get to live in a mansion for a day, two days, or until they get booted out....or um...married. Of course, the house is gorgeous, and there's even a maid and butler, so they don't have to do any cooking or cleaning. How often would your sim be able to live in a house like this? Okay, well they could if you used "motherlode", but we're not cheating here, right? This is just a sample house, but, heck, it would be just as gorgeous. [Featured House: The Billionaire's House by findjoo]

Oh, wait....this news is just in. Oh my word! Hold on to your shorts! Did we hear this right? Yes! Yes! We did! Your sim will be living in PARADISE! They will be Island Living in Sulani. It's so fantastic we can hardly believe it ourselves.

Warm tropical breezes, pristine white sand beaches, and carefree swimming in the ocean. A perfect setting for romance.

dining.png

But wait! There's more! Did we mention the parties? Oh, yes, LOTS of parties. And free food, too!

paint-paint-paint.png

And of course, there will be competitions to see who goes on the first date or a group date...or who ... um ... gets eliminated... (Oh boo hoo on that last one)

the-alliances.png

Make friends and form alliances...

tricks-and-antics.png

Eliminate the competition, or become frenemies...

But it's all about the Bachelor, right?

the-rose-ceremony.png

Will your sim be the lucky one? Will the Bachelor want YOUR sim to stay and give them a rose? Yes! Yes! Yes! Anything can happen.

You say we forgot something? Oh, right...who is our mystery Bachelor?

Well, we're glad you asked. A sim universe competition was held to find a Bachelor who would give his all to marry the sim gal of his dreams, and we...ahem...the producers of the show...have chosen one truly remarkable male sim to be the heartthrob of these young women.

the-bachelor-back-shot.png

Meet the Bachelor, Rick Goengeter. Ahh....yes...he could be anysim. The only thing we know for sure is that he is romantic.

Yes, we know...these thoughts may be running through your head... Who is this guy? Who took this picture? Turn around dude. We can't see your face. And is this some type of costume you're wearing? Why are you dancing in front of a fire on a hilltop? Is this your idea of fun on a Saturday night? Well, all will soon be revealed.

Now back to you. Could your sim be his one true love? All you have to do is have your sim come forward, so she, too, can have a chance at love and romance, and a BIG, I mean really BIG wedding. So, share in the excitement. Take a chance and find "Somebody to Love".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Casting Call:

Looking for seven female sims (aliens & mermaids are welcome) to take part in The Bachelor Challenge. [Mermaids are available to create in the new Island Living pack coming June 21st.]

What is the challenge?

The Bachelor Challenge is based on the reality tv show, The Bachelor. Adopted for The Sims 4 by XUrbanSimsX, the challenge is about a Bachelor who is trying to find his one true love from a selection of seven sims. Through solo dates, group dates, and elimination rounds, the Bachelor then chooses his one and only and finally finds somebody to love. The catch, only the Bachelor can be controlled. Your sims will be left to run amok. Hopefully, some of them will actually want to talk to the Bachelor.

Read more about it HERE.

How to submit a sim:

- Create a new unskilled sim in CAS
- Can be young adult or adult
- Female, alien or mermaid sim (sorry, no vampires, as I don’t own the vampire pack)
- Traits and Aspirations can be anything you like.
- Dress them in whatever you like, in however many outfits you like.
- One outfit should be a costume, as there will be a costume party.
- No cc, please
- MUST BE uploaded to the gallery - please provide ORIGIN ID so I can find your entry.

I don't have the Vampire or Strangerville packs, so if you choose an outfit and I don't have the pack, the game normally assigns something, but sometimes not. In any case, we'll make sure your sim has all their bits and pieces on before they meet the Bachelor.
Create a post in this thread with the following:

Name of sim:

Background story:

Your Origin ID:

UP-DATE - July 10/19: Good morning simmers. For those who have submitted a sim for the Casting Call, if you have not already done so, please add the following for background info. I really use the background info you provide for my story. Please send me a private message on these answers, if not already in their bio.

- Where in the sim world are you from? Could be any world in Sims 4, Sims 3, made-up world, etc. to fit with your character
- Does your sim have a family? Brothers, sisters, raised by wolves...that sort of thing.
- Does your sim have any likes/dislikes?
- What is one question you would like to ask our bachelor?

Be creative! For now, limit of 1 sim creation each.

If more than 7 sims are submitted, a random drawing will be done and 7 will be chosen by a vote.

Deadline is July 14th, so lots of time for creative fun! - CASTING CALL IS NOW CLOSED - THANKS :)

Submit your sim on thesims.com forums HERE.

love-and-riches.png

"Somebody To Love" by Queen (1976)

SoulGal7 - Wordpress link

#islandliving #sulani #storiesbysoulgal
Post edited by SoulGal7 on

Comments

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have a bachelorette that I hope makes it.

Name of sim: Raven Xang

Background story: Raven Xang is a very strange goth girl. Her mother died during child birth & her father went into Aokigahara on a trip to Japan only to return in a body bag when Raven was a kid. Raven was then subjected to living in an old orphanage straight out of a Dickens Novel with nasty children that were mean to her & refused to bathe regularly. Raven retreated towards the the dark and macabre when growing up reading books about Lizzy Borden instead of fairy tales, listening to goth rock instead of pop music, watching horror films instead of cartoons, going to cemeteries to attempt to summon the dead instead of going to the mall. This caused her to be nightmare fuel to everyone in the town she lived in & when she decided to apply to The Bachelor, the town rejoiced in that she would leave & praying she would never return since she creeps the whole town out due to being strange. Raven knows this and will troll the whole town by pretending to walk like a zombie near old people shouting brains like a zombie just to get a reaction.
    Where in the sim world are you from? Keystone Shores - a suburbia nightmare of a community where conformity is praised above all else and those different are treated as pariahs. (note- Keystone Shores is the name of the suburbia neighborhood I used from The Sims 2 many years ago)
    Does your sim have a family? Brothers, sisters, raised by wolves...that sort of thing. to quote Batman, MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!!!
    Does your sim have any likes/dislikes? The occult, Goth music, horror films, hanging out in graveyards at night
    What is one question you would like to ask our bachelor? If you can come back from the dead to haunt anyone, who would it be?

Your Origin ID: vanpelt81
    Post edited by VanPelt81 on
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    YES! I'll be back with a sim later today!!! WHOOP! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Name of Sim: Naomi Mahina

Background Story: Naomi Mahina has ancient roots in Sulani, despite being born and raised in Del Sol Valley. She has never left her hometown, and is looking for a way out of the star-filled place she was born in, and love, because she knows she would never find it on her own.

Origin ID: nerdfashion

If you need help finding her I gave her the hashtag #SomebodyToLove

I hope she wins!
    funny-gifs20.gif

Oh, I just noticed the lengthy due date so I'll wait until I see what the new EP brings!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited July 2019
    FINAL CONTESTANTS:
    One space is left open in each house to have our bachelor, Rick Goengeter, move in when it's that house's turn. The next chapter will be a tour of House # 2 & House # 3. Following that, we will have a Meet and Greet with Rick and get to know our contestants from House 1, House 2 & House 3. Then we will head on group dates. Then a competition for a Solo Date with Rick and the Solo Date (each house). Then, sadly, it will be our first elimination competition. I hope you are as excited as I am!

HOUSE 1: LOT ~ SAPPHIRE SHORES - LANI ST. TAZ ~ SULANI PARADISE

sulani-paradise-build-credit.png
    [*] Maegan Franco @PrincessNevaMor5
    [*] Brianna Hammond @pammiechick
    [*] Hokulani Kalua @Blaze_Bard
    [*] Naomi Mahina @Nerdfashion
    [*] Lara McGowan @Irishsong
    [*] Isla Waters @HillyBeth
    [*] Raven Xang @VanPelt81
    house-1.png

HOUSE 2: LOT ~ KEY POINT - MUA PEL'AM ~ SULANI FIVE-O
    sulani-five-0-credit.png
    [*] Cinnamon Apple @EuphorialQueen
    [*] Desiree Avalon @lulu4229
    [*] Naomi (Nami) Chuu @ItsYukiMe
    [*] Octavia Dillon @SummerStreak
    [*] Charlotte Eclair @Eliveva
    [*] Merinda Paewai @aussiekarima
    [*] Janay Willians @Scarlly29
    retake-house-2.png

HOUSE 3: LOT ~ LAGOON LOOK - OHAN'ALI TOWN ~ MAXIS BUILD LAGOON LOOK RENO

maxis-build-reno-by-lilsimsie-lagoon-look-reno.png
    [*] Iris Costello @kittymeow
    [*] Miriam Epp @lisabee2
    [*] Kyra Kealohi @Tirananiel
    [*] Coral Reeves @Karababy52
    [*] Tabitha Waldron @GGgkkg
    house-3.png
    edited September 2019
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise - Table of Contents:

Somebody to Love: Bachelor in Paradise - Beach Hut Tour
    Somebody to Love: Bachelor in Paradise - The Elusive Bachelor
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise - Interview With The Bachelor - Backstory ~ Part 1
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise - Interview With The Bachelor - Backstory ~ Part 2
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise - Interview With The Bachelor - Backstory ~ Part 3
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise - Lagoon Look & Sulani Five-O Beach Hut Tours
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Meet & Greet - House 1
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Meet & Greet - House 2
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Meet & Greet - House 3

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Group Date - House 1
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Group Date - House 2
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Group Date - House 3
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Sudden Changes
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Elimination Challenge # 1 - Selfies

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Solo Date Competion & Reader Vote

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ House 2 Solo Dates
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Solo Dates ~ Get That Relationship Up
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Something Fishy in Sulani

Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ Behold! The Mermaid! - House 1
    Somebody To Love: Bachelor in Paradise ~ "To Infinity...And Beyond!" - House 2

NOTE: If our Bachelor has thoughts of a sim, be an interaction or even romantic, EXCLUDING WOOHOO, they ARE allowed to perform the interaction at any given time. Solo date or not. However, this is the ONLY time they can perform such actions. The singles, no matter WHAT they want are not given this privilege.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next Chapters:

House Party - House 1
    House Party - House 2

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    @VanPelt81 - Oh thanks for submitting a sim already! Woot! Raven has a very dark and interesting back story! Maybe she'll perk up in the sun in Sulani. So happy you submitted a sim!

@nerdfashion - will head in-game to have a look at your sim! Just did and Naomi is wonderful!

@pammiechick - for sure. No problem to wait to make your sim when the new pack is released next Friday.

And a note to everyone, if you submit a sim and wish to change your sim when the new pack comes out, by all means go ahead and just let me know you've changed them.
    Notes to self: Other simmers who have expressed an interest in submitting a sim once the new pack comes out:
    lisabee2, Tirananiel, Karababy52 - also someone on Facebook

The more the merrier everyone!
  • TirananielTirananiel Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks! Just saw my name there <3
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I have a Sim all ready just waiting on the curly hair coming in the new pack, I would make her a Mermaid but I thing everyone else will as well!LOL!
    ~ BTW I keep bumping your post on #SAA I hope you do not mind, as it is easy to lose a feed in there, as a Moderator I watch all the threads wiz by! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    I love this idea, I'm going to get working on a sim
    ~ I have a Sim all ready just waiting on the curly hair coming in the new pack, I would make her a Mermaid but I thing everyone else will as well!LOL!
    ~ BTW I keep bumping your post on #SAA I hope you do not mind, as it is easy to lose a feed in there, as a Moderator I watch all the threads wiz by! ;)

@aussiekarima - oh that would be great! And thank you so much for bumping that post. I really appreciate it :)

@arae9 - looking forward to seeing your creation! :)
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I will submit, I'm kinda just waiting in the more islandy clothes to come out in the new pack. I'm excited!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @irishsong - oh, yes, please do! Yes, I am excited about the new pack too.
    I just saw the gameplay trailer for the new EP, and it looks awesome! I can't wait to see the drama that our sims get into in paradise!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    Totally submitting a sim for this!!
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    About two hours later... here's my sim! There's one piece of CC, and that's her eyelashes, since I have it set to default removing and I don't know if it'll show up for you. It's included in the .zip!

RU3iLPg.png
    download.
    more outfits in the spoiler
    1ra0Sin.png
    everyday 2, everyday 3, formal, athletic, sleep
    pdJFAdF.png
    party 1, party 2 (game of thrones insp. costume, swim, summer, winter
    just realized i forgot to put a background for the last one oops!!
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Is this still open?
    Yes, the dead line is July 17th
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Katnip - Oh my gosh! Such a wonderful sim!

@GGgkkg - Yes, the casting call is still open. I think a lot of simmers are waiting for the new pack to make their sim. However, all sims are welcome for submission (except vampires as I don't have that pack). Hope you have a chance to submit a sim.

@Irishsong - Thanks so much for answering GGgkkg's question.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Name of sim: Tabitha Waldron

VdkvP9a.png

Background story: All Tabitha's life, people saw her as average: Average personality, average interests, average life. In her youth, she took to reading alone rather than making friends, helping to build her extraordinary imagination... though this backfires when her active mind yields no solace from her thoughts of gloom and self-doubt. Will Rick be the man to see her above average qualities, and be her rock when times get tough?

Your Origin ID: WaitWhatYT

I've also tagged her with #SomebodyToLove, just for ease of searching.
    And I think you'll find her costume quite bewitching ;)

XZpS07C.png
  • Rashel1456Rashel1456 Posts: 36 Member
    > @SoulGal7 said:
    > One Bachelor.
    >
    > Seven single women.
    >
    > All living in the same house and vying for the Bachelor's attention.
    >
    > A Bachelor's quest to find his one true love from among the seven.
    >
    > Such drama.
    >
    > Such excitement.
    >
    > Such romance.
    >
    > Could it get any better than this?
    >
    >
    >
    > You betcha. Because, now, YOU, too, can submit an application for your sim to compete for the hand of this great guy. Unbelievable, you say? What's in it for your sim, you ask? Well, wait, there's more.
    >
    >
    >
    > If your sim is chosen, they get to live in the lap of luxury. Yes, they get to live in a mansion for a day, two days, or until they get booted out....or um...married. Of course, the house is gorgeous, and there's even a maid and butler, so they don't have to do any cooking or cleaning. How often would your sim be able to live in a house like this? Okay, well they could if you used "motherlode", but we're not cheating here, right? This is just a sample house, but, heck, it would be just as gorgeous. [Featured House: The Billionaire's House by findjoo]
    >
    > Oh, wait....this news is just in. Oh my word! Hold on to your shorts! Did we hear this right? Yes! Yes! We did! Your sim will be living in PARADISE! They will be Island Living in Sulani. It's so fantastic we can hardly believe it ourselves.
    >
    > Warm tropical breezes, pristine white sand beaches, and carefree swimming in the ocean. A perfect setting for romance.
    >
    >
    >
    > But wait! There's more! Did we mention the parties? Oh, yes, LOTS of parties. And free food, too!
    >
    >
    >
    > And of course, there will be competitions to see who goes on the first date or a group date...or who ... um ... gets eliminated... (Oh boo hoo on that last one)
    >
    >
    >
    > Make friends and form alliances...
    >
    >
    >
    > Eliminate the competition, or become frenemies...
    >
    > But it's all about the Bachelor, right?
    >
    >
    >
    > Will your sim be the lucky one? Will the Bachelor want YOUR sim to stay and give them a rose? Yes! Yes! Yes! Anything can happen.
    >
    > You say we forgot something? Oh, right...who is our mystery Bachelor?
    >
    > Well, we're glad you asked. A sim universe competition was held to find a Bachelor who would give his all to marry the sim gal of his dreams, and we...ahem...the producers of the show...have chosen one truly remarkable male sim to be the heartthrob of these young women.
    >
    >
    >
    > Meet the Bachelor, Rick Goengeter. Ahh....yes...he could be anysim. The only thing we know for sure is that he is romantic.
    >
    > Yes, we know...these thoughts may be running through your head... Who is this guy? Who took this picture? Turn around dude. We can't see your face. And is this some type of costume you're wearing? Why are you dancing in front of a fire on a hilltop? Is this your idea of fun on a Saturday night? Well, all will soon be revealed.
    >
    > Now back to you. Could your sim be his one true love? All you have to do is have your sim come forward, so she, too, can have a chance at love and romance, and a BIG, I mean really BIG wedding. So, share in the excitement. Take a chance and find "Somebody to Love".
    >
    > ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    >
    > Casting Call:
    >
    > Looking for seven female sims (aliens & mermaids are welcome) to take part in The Bachelor Challenge. [Mermaids are available to create in the new Island Living pack coming June 21st.]
    >
    > What is the challenge?
    >
    > The Bachelor Challenge is based on the reality tv show, The Bachelor. Adopted for The Sims 4 by XUrbanSimsX, the challenge is about a Bachelor who is trying to find his one true love from a selection of seven sims. Through solo dates, group dates, and elimination rounds, the Bachelor then chooses his one and only and finally finds somebody to love. The catch, only the Bachelor can be controlled. Your sims will be left to run amok. Hopefully, some of them will actually want to talk to the Bachelor.
    >
    > Read more about it HERE.
    >
    > How to submit a sim:
    >
    > - Create a new unskilled sim in CAS
    > - Can be young adult or adult
    > - Female, alien or mermaid sim (sorry, no vampires, as I don’t own the vampire pack)
    > - Traits and Aspirations can be anything you like.
    > - Dress them in whatever you like, in however many outfits you like.
    > - One outfit should be a costume, as there will be a costume party.
    > - No cc, please
    >
    > I don't have the Vampire or Strangerville packs, so if you choose an outfit and I don't have the pack, the game normally assigns something, but sometimes not. In any case, we'll make sure your sim has all their bits and pieces on before they meet the Bachelor.
    > Create a post in this thread with the following:
    >
    > Name of sim:
    >
    > Background story:
    >
    > Your Origin ID:
    >
    > Be creative! For now, limit of 1 sim creation each.
    >
    > If more than 7 sims are submitted, a random drawing will be done and 7 will be chosen by a vote.
    >
    > Deadline is July 14th, so lots of time for creative fun!
    >
    > Submit your sim on thesims.com forums HERE.
    >
    >
    >
    > "Somebody To Love" by Queen (1976)
    >
    > SoulGal7 - Wordpress link
    > #islandliving

@SoulGal7 THIS IS AMAZING HOW DO I ENTER MY SIM OMG THE BEST
    edited June 2019
    @Raschel1456 - Hi! Just create your sim, any aspirations, traits, clothing, etc. Give her a background story and submit your sim here. Just make sure to also give your Origin ID so I can find them. Have fun and be creative.

@GGgkkg - Thanks so much for your great sim. Tabitha looks anything but average to me!

A Note to Everyone: The Casting Call will not close until July 14th, so even if there are seven simmers who have submitted sims, please submit your sim up until the deadline. Who knows what can happen....!!!
    Woo! Got the new EP, can't wait to dive in.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited July 2019
    ♥♥♥▬BRIANNA HAMMOND▬♥♥♥

NPT9brb.png

0k2Lz4z.png

Background story:

Brianna loves to cook and she loves off the grid living! Her parents raised her in San Myshuno, so when she won a trip to Sulani, she was hooked. She loves surfing, scuba diving and all marine life. She got a job as a chef at a local restaurant in #sulani and she hasn't looked back. She hopes to find love on the beach where she calls home. Brianna has no siblings and both parents are living, thankfully!

You can find Brianna strumming her guitar on the sandy beaches or fussing over the grilling of a tuna steak. She hopes to become a mom to children who love the outdoors as much as she does and she can't wait to meet the bachelor--the man of her dreams.

She dislikes the cold, city smog, and peanut butter! Give her Nutella instead!

Question for Rick: what would a typical day look like with you, your lovely wife and children (do you even want children?)

Your Origin ID: pammiechick

Link to Brianna: BRIANNA HAMMOND

Have fun!

If she doesn't get into the contest, she'd be a fun addition to anyone's random townies. Promise. ;) I took a lot of time picking her outfits and she loves to wear ALL of them. Lol. :lol:
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg