Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed about lounge chairs

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »
    Seems kind of cheap if they decide to add reading in lounge chairs to a University pack. Tanning and Sunbathing I could understand keeping that action to an EP because Base game doesn't have summer to tan or sunburn the sims. But the base game does have books so I feel it should be a free update to the base game. especially since so far it looks like the only action you can do with a lounge chair is sit lounge and drink.

Maybe it will be included in a pre-University patch. :)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    No talking either? Aww. :( Seems like a waste of the multitasking system if all you can do is drink
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    It’s by design simgurunick asked when someone tweeted him about it. They can drink drinks while relaxing but cannot read or talk to others. I wish they could but hopefully it will be added. At least they are in the game now.

Whoa, wait, they can't talk to other sims while lounging? Or use their phones or read a book? Really? Hmmmm. I know it's part of the patch, but now I'm wondering what on earth we've been waiting for if we're just getting a semi-reclined position where our sims cannot interact with anything but a drink.

Hmmmm. This is seriously disappointing.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    Felicity wrote: »
    It’s by design simgurunick asked when someone tweeted him about it. They can drink drinks while relaxing but cannot read or talk to others. I wish they could but hopefully it will be added. At least they are in the game now.

Whoa, wait, they can't talk to other sims while lounging? Or use their phones or read a book? Really? Hmmmm. I know it's part of the patch, but now I'm wondering what on earth we've been waiting for if we're just getting a semi-reclined position where our sims cannot interact with anything but a drink.

The sims don't even look relaxed in the lounge chair :D
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    The math doesn’t quite add up here. We were told these things were so difficult to create because of multitasking. Ok, fair enough. Sooooooooo how come they aren’t compatible? Multitasking is a core feature of the game, how can it be so easily discarded? This is the definition of poor work. These things do less than they did in Sims 2 and 3, and they didn’t even do much there. Hard to trust anything the studio says when they say one thing and then do a completely different thing.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

Looked up the tweet because I was curious

I'm so baffled that they even need feedback about this. Of course people expect to be able to talk on lounge chairs! The whole game is promoted for its emotions and multi-tasking. Obviously we expected some more from a lounge chair than just some lying down animation.
    Seems kind of cheap if they decide to add reading in lounge chairs to a University pack. Tanning and Sunbathing I could understand keeping that action to an EP because Base game doesn't have summer to tan or sunburn the sims. But the base game does have books so I feel it should be a free update to the base game. especially since so far it looks like the only action you can do with a lounge chair is sit lounge and drink.

Why do you and others who comment like you keep letting EAxis get away with this with comments like this? It's always maybe they will do it next patch or the patch after that. It took how long for us to get lounge chairs and they still half baked it. To be honest I'm sick of it and sick of holding my tongue about it. I didn't pay all this money to get half baked base game content that came COMPLETED, mind you, in previous iterations base game. It's not right. And then we get simmers like you who keep commenting like this is okay. Now wonder this game keeps getting all this problematic half baked content with no real fixes.

Btw don't care if I get banned for saying this. I'm sick of it all. And tired of watching what I say on here. They need to hear this. It's honest feedback from an unsatisfied customers who's been a customer for over a decade.

You're giving me, and others who comment like me, too much credit. There is a fixed budget for animations. You'll never know what would have been left out if sleeping, reading, and reclined talking animations had been added to lounge chairs but there is always a trade off. It's been almost 5 years. You should know that by now.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    You might have to wait for Island Life to be out before you get to lie down on lounge chairs I expect. Maxis might unlock it for everybody then. At least you might wait until after that to complain if you don't.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    You might have to wait for Island Life to be out before you get to lie down on lounge chairs I expect. Maxis might unlock it for everybody then. At least you might wait until after that to complain if you don't.

Everybody got lounge chairs with the latest patch.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I'm not at all offended because I do understand the sentiments expressed in this thread. Call it defending EA or whatever you want but it's just not an issue for me. Even with it's shortcomings I still enjoy the game and prefer this version over the others. Sorry. 🤷
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    tumblr_ptdaf0FWwu1xi5hclo1_1280.png

it's really kind of sad when even the constantly happy sims in 4 are disappointed in the lounge chairs. I played a little bit with them last night and they can 'relax' my sim was focused the entire time in the lounger, and they can nap. That was all I was able to get her to do.

I feel like we could multitask better on loungers in older iterations of the game than in sims 4, which multitasking was never a selling point for 2 or 3. My sim never even got a relaxed moodlet from the lounger. Didn't even pull out her phone either, just sat there like this staring at the concrete. I can't believe they waited almost 5 years to put out this lounger.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    The fact that lounge chairs have basically no interactions other than just lying there is very disappointing. I have no idea why they couldn't add the same things we can do on regular chair to lounge chairs.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I just keep my expectations low, so I'm never disappointed.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    MadIris wrote: »

Why do you and others who comment like you keep letting EAxis get away with this with comments like this? It's always maybe they will do it next patch or the patch after that. It took how long for us to get lounge chairs and they still half baked it. To be honest I'm sick of it and sick of holding my tongue about it. I didn't pay all this money to get half baked base game content that came COMPLETED, mind you, in previous iterations base game. It's not right. And then we get simmers like you who keep commenting like this is okay. Now wonder this game keeps getting all this problematic half baked content with no real fixes.

Btw don't care if I get banned for saying this. I'm sick of it all. And tired of watching what I say on here. They need to hear this. It's honest feedback from an unsatisfied customers who's been a customer for over a decade.

You're giving me, and others who comment like me, too much credit. There is a fixed budget for animations. You'll never know what would have been left out if sleeping, reading, and reclined talking animations had been added to lounge chairs but there is always a trade off. It's been almost 5 years. You should know that by now.

I wonder why tradeoffs even exist with a BILLION dollar gaming company? In 2019?

*raises hand* Oh, I know, I know! Because they can get away with it!

In all seriousness, it's ridiculous how people are protective as if TS4 is developed by some small indie company with 2 people. It is not. But why bother with more resources when there is no competition at all and people will buy all DLC, no matter what.

That is what I am getting and it is like they are looking at the companies spreadsheet or sitting at the board meetings if they are I sure like to sit on one. However for me an excuse has an range of zero. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    MadIris wrote: »

I wonder why tradeoffs even exist with a BILLION dollar gaming company? In 2019?

*raises hand* Oh, I know, I know! Because they can get away with it!

In all seriousness, it's ridiculous how people are protective as if TS4 is developed by some small indie company with 2 people. It is not. But why bother with more resources when there is no competition at all and people will buy all DLC, no matter what.

I did a rough estimate of how much money they would make from X amount of people buying the whole collection of Sims 4 games and the figures I came up with should be FAR more than enough for the Sims 4 and the content to not only meet standards, but exceed them.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    Felicity wrote: »

You have to look at how Maxis Marketing works. You might get the actions for the lounge chair later in another pack for $40 when they introduce relaxing on bed, that way you will have to buy those actions all under the guise of hey, we included relax on bed for $40 and all those actions are now on lounge chairs, too! Just think kids, we heard you, just hand us another $40!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    The lounger was the least disappointment, but the announcement hype about the chance of Sim losing their bathings when swimming was the biggest joke. All you get is the info moodlet that your sim lost its bikini or what not, but nothing. Sim hasn‘t lost anything nor has he/she reacted in any kind of way. Just the info and that‘s it. Same as lounger hype - sitting and staring at the concrete - oh yeah right, it was free.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    It is incredible how much you can feel disappointed when you're expecting nothing. It is even more incredible to see just how little people are willing to accept from a multi-billion dollar video game developer. Yes, trade-offs will always exist in development, but come on. This is ridiculous. There are plenty of things that are wrong with this game, and a lot of it has to do with some of the people in this community just settling for less. Or at the very least, some people here settle for less until the feature they want gets added in a watered-down fashion.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Look on the bright side. We got 350 new swatches for base game doors.
    Which I for one am very happy about, especially the additional swatches for gender neutral doors and the gender neutral bathroom door for Spa Day. I've been enjoying remodeling my venues with the new bathroom doors.

It's possible that they had some issues with some of the interactions and the lounge chairs, and rather than leave out lounge chairs altogether they went with what they had so they can continue to work on them, and patch in additional interactions later on. They're not sitting around in their cubicles wondering, "Hmmm, what can we leave out and make the community even more frustrated?"
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top