Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Island Living Gameplay/CAS/BB livestream

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Later today SimGurus will be livestreaming The Sims 4 Island Living! Join them as they dive into the Expansion Pack's gameplay, Create-A-Sim and Build/Buy mode!

When? Today, Thursday, June 20 at 11AM (PT) / 18:00h (UTC). You can check the exact time for you here.

Edited: missed the livestream? Watch it now here:

Also - we will have another (shorter) launch livestream tomorrow same time! I'll open a thread for it as well tomorrow ;)
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited June 2019
    Now open. Popcorn ready?
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Popcorn is good to go! <3
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    I am having a pizza (with some pineapple on it, btw :p )
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I’m so hyped! I kept humming the song from The Sims 2 Castaway Stories this morning!
  • barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    I am ready and excited!!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited June 2019
    I am having a pizza (with pineapple, btw :p )
    I'm part of the 'non pineapple on pizza' club. :tongue:

5 min to go!
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I can't find it on Youtube (via PS3)! Will it appear once it goes live?
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I can't find it on Youtube (via PS3)! Will it appear once it goes live?

It’s gonna be on Twitch.
    Uuugghhh, Twitch doesn't work on PS3 anymore. Have to quickly set something up so I can Chromecast it!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    The flower necklaces are funny. Very festive!
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    There is an albino dolphin which I think is awesome! When I make a mermaid I will make them best friends for sure
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I have wondered about the hydration points, what happens to your sim if you don’t re-hydrate and run out of points? Are you just not able to turn to a mer-person or you can’t use your powers?
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    im sorry but i (and seemingly half of the people in the chat) are finding it near impossible to watch the stream because sim guru chowder is moving the camera around so much its making us feel sick.
    OMG the baby turtles! :cry:<3
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I like the fact that playing the Conservationist career gives Sims a few new interactions with litterbugs and poachers, including being able to fine them and fight them off.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    And of course I remembered NOW that there was a live stream today :# Too busy playing my sims, and forgot time!
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Wow tried to watch this stream, those 2 are annoying, one at a time would be okay but together I had to get out. Most of it I already knew from lets plays.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Wheee!!! This will be so much fun :smiley:
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    that was a fun presentation :smile:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Yay! I was right to preorder this EP. I want my MERMAIDS <3<3 and that beautiful world. But now I'm really curious about Conservationist career :o Thanks! I'm ready to play at Sulani...

Feedback: I remember that the livestream for Strangerville GP was awesome, it was really well done. Today I feel that not all simgurus are good for livestreams. Also with today's livestream I feel that some simgurus do not play the game too much (basegame with ALL the packs). I do not like that :|
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    but pre-ordering has no benefit. i pay full price either way. and no bonus feautures. as far as playing my copy earlier...there are ways. ways that im not going into here.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I really enjoyed this livestream it reminded me of the past S3 series where I would wait up to listen to SimGurus excitedly describing the next pack release however as @emere rightly points out not all simgurus appear right for livestream or even have knowledge continuity of the pack being released which is a little disconcerting as it feels like they are just selling a product when it was obvious older gurus of previous series were players as well as developers and that makes all the difference when selling/describing a product they were passionate about themselves..

I do not play series 4 very much but as a lover of all things Tropical play it was a given when it was first announced that I was going to pre order it and from what I have just seen in the livestream I feel I made the right decision to purchase as this content is everything I love about the game..even though it is lacking on as much content/playability as S3 island paradise gave us..

That said with another hour to wait before I can download the pack personally I am positive I am going to love the gameplay from this pack :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    OMG the baby turtles! :cry:<3

I agree years ago when I first visited the US I swam with dolphins and saved some baby turtles from predators that I apparently wasn't supposed to (and nearly got in trouble inadvertently) so watching all this going off in this new pack has been RL nostalgia for me lol <3