Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 5 in 2019?!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DruericDrueric Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2019
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Great insight @Pegasys -- as I've said, the base game wasn't really complete until we got toddlers in January 2017, so the game was in a bit of "arrested development" until those were patched in. At the bare minimum we need University and more supernaturals (preferably witches but I know others have their fans as well). Other packs have been suggested as well -- farming, "off the grid" ecoliving, superheroes, etc. We could see continued upgrades in some of the base game features, for example when they patched photography skill and cameras into the base game instead of being GTW only.

Sims at its heart has been in general a casual game -- by casual I mean noncompetitive; you're not trying to make it to the top of a leaderboard against other players. It's up to the player to determine what packs their computer can handle and what they can't. EA could set the requirements really high and alienate much of their fan base -- or they can keep them within range of most computer specs but warn there might be performance issues the more packs you add. Lack of open world and CASt might be related to that performance issue.

Sims 3's open world and CaSt are confirmed to be responsible for over 90% of all the Problems Sims 3 had, including lag, crashes, long loading screens. (Never read about less than 5 minutes. When I had it installed, I had to wait a solid 2 hours just to enter the game. From what I read so far on feedback, 15-20 minutes of loading screen is what you could expect on average.)
    That was also the reason why they didn't do it in Sims 4.
    If Sims 5 was to re-introduce that again, avoiding the problems Sims 3 had, I agree that we'll have to wait at least another 5 years so technology can catch up to what the game needs to be able to do.
    A lot of people talk like Sims 4 was released with all the sims having a bladder need, but no toilets, so sims have to constantly pee themselves and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Or if those "Missing pieces of content" were just as basic and important. Some wait for the "Toilet patch", others think that it is confirmed that it won't come and want Sims 5 because they hope that it will have "Toilets".

No. The real reason for such long loading times was the game was limited to 2 GB of ram usage, even if you had alot more, so no matter how good your PC was, TS3 never ran any better. If they could update TS3 to use unlimited ram, we wouldnt need another sims game. And just for the record, SIMS4 is rubbish compared to SIMS3.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Sim 5 in 2019 is not going to happen. Hope for 2021 maybe.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    If we do get a sims 5 I hope the players have more control on how they want to play the game. I would personally like to stop townies being generated when their not needed and stop culling so maybe for me I could turn off story progression. For other players who probably want to play smaller amount of sim households story progression is probably more for them.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    If we do get a sims 5 I hope the players have more control on how they want to play the game. I would personally like to stop townies being generated when their not needed and stop culling so maybe for me I could turn off story progression. For other players who probably want to play smaller amount of sim households story progression is probably more for them.

Yes, I hope TS5 will go back to GPU for the number of Sims that are in an area or lot or in the worlds. Instead of limits on how many can show up and how many can be added to a world before the culling starts. Down with culling and unnecessary NPCs or townies. The 'twenty' in TS4 became the same ones no matter where you went. So, it wound up no different than having set character files like in TS2 who showed up more often than other Sims. So, what was the whole point then of that? Limiting the world number of Sims should be on the power of the GPU.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2019
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    The Sims gurus and EA have stated that The Sims 5 is entirely dependent on how well The Sims 4 (and its add-ons) sold, and so far, it isn't doing anywhere near as well as its 3 predecessors for myriad reasons (not finished at launch, boring to play, unfixed bugs, etc.). There may not be another The Sims, based on sales of The Sims 4. The trademarked name, The Sims 5, has been purchased, but that means nothing. If EA decides this is the end for The Sims franchise, then that will be that. With this being the longest running iteration of the game thus far, I'd say they may just keep putting out a bit of content for TS4 for awhile, and you will never see a TS5.

I'm not sure this is correct. According to this post:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/955167/ea-ceo-the-sims-4-has-now-passed-1-billion-lifetime-revenue/p1
    EA CEO: THE SIMS 4 HAS NOW PASSED $1 BILLION LIFETIME REVENUE
    The entire franchise only made $2.5 billion, so it appears that The Sims 4 might be more profitable than any other game or pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    The Sims gurus and EA have stated that The Sims 5 is entirely dependent on how well The Sims 4 (and its add-ons) sold, and so far, it isn't doing anywhere near as well as its 3 predecessors for myriad reasons (not finished at launch, boring to play, unfixed bugs, etc.). There may not be another The Sims, based on sales of The Sims 4. The trademarked name, The Sims 5, has been purchased, but that means nothing. If EA decides this is the end for The Sims franchise, then that will be that. With this being the longest running iteration of the game thus far, I'd say they may just keep putting out a bit of content for TS4 for awhile, and you will never see a TS5.

I'm not sure this is correct. According to this post:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/955167/ea-ceo-the-sims-4-has-now-passed-1-billion-lifetime-revenue/p1
    EA CEO: THE SIMS 4 HAS NOW PASSED $1 BILLION LIFETIME REVENUE
    The entire franchise only made $2.5 billion, so it appears that The Sims 4 might be more profitable than any other game or pack.

I don't know why simmers always talk down on the sims team. They are thriving! The sims is really growing and becoming more and more popular. Sales are booming and I’m pretty sure that we can stay seated for awhile, because it has been announced there will be 20 new additions to the sims until March 30th of 2020 (might be wrong).
    I don’t expect sims 5 to pop up until 2022 maybe.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Sorry, I don't want a Sims 5, not if it has a Forum or answers.hq.com or has anything to do with origin. I am so sick of all theese muptiple game launchers to launch games so that they can keep in the program.exe off your computer so you can't play it without Origin. The launchers take up space on your computer and memory and you can't play the game without them being active at the same time. Remove the launcher requirement for TS4 the launcher should only be needed to launch the game once and than it should close like a good little puppy, but no it stays in the background and collects stuff about you, that they can use anytime they want.

Even if you install the launcher, they are still collecting information on you.
    So I am sorry, I don't want TS5 because they will probly charge us for every lot in TS5
    As a community its about time we start holding EA accountable for certain stuff.

We PAID MONEY for the game we should be able to launch it without Origin.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    I don't know why simmers always talk down on the sims team. They are thriving! The sims is really growing and becoming more and more popular. Sales are booming and I’m pretty sure that we can stay seated for awhile, because it has been announced there will be 20 new additions to the sims until March 30th of 2020 (might be wrong).
    I don’t expect sims 5 to pop up until 2022 maybe.

Er...yes and no.

People talk down on the team because they paid money for a product and they feel unsatisfied, but let's not focus on that.

While it's true that Blake Jorgensen, COO and CFO, said there will be over 20 "content drops" for TS4 through the current fiscal year which began April 1 of this year and will end on March 31, 2020, the reality is that they may not actually be the case as factor such as future sales, stalls in development, outages, etc. could affect this. Therefore, his statement is only accurate as of May 7, the date of the earnings call. EA says as much in its talk about forward-looking statements. Furthermore, the phrasing of "content drops" is a bit vague to me. The recent patch updates to add lounge chairs, door swatches, and pride content all occurred within the first quarter of the current fiscal year and could be considered a "content drop" so that may or may not be something to get excited about.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sims 5 should have open world and create a style. I could care less about open world myself, but I know im not in the majority. But I have to have create a style in Sims 5...or....I will absolutely not buy it. Because I can already have those same limitations in Sims 4. There will literally be no reason for me to "upgrade" to a new base game without the ability to change colors & patterns of furniture/objects/wallpapers/hair/eyes. If it could be done in 2009, it should certainly be done for Sims 5. I cant truly express my creativity in build mode, without createAStyle!!!

Having said that, I am not anticipating sims 5. I enjoy Sims 4 enough to keep me busy.

I agree, I need CAS too, that is one of the biggest things I miss in the sims 4, real babies are another thing I miss, and buying clothes to put in your dresser, rather than getting them free. An open neighborhood would be nice, I don’t expect a whole open world because that is so demanding on a computer, and I hate rabbit holes. Rabbit holes are the main reason I didn’t give the Sims 3 much of a chance, that and though I had an expensive gaming laptop, it crashed all the time.
  • Options
    IceColdPainIceColdPain Posts: 35 Member
    I would rather they work on sims 4 for a lot more years, add all the things people want and fix everything. I don't want to fork out more money for Sims 5, when we don't know if it will be any better, It could be worse, and it could take longer for things to come out. And honestly, what would 5 have that 4 doesnt/wont. If this is the way they relase things for 4, think about how much longer it will take for things from 5.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Terribly done.

Sims 5 won't come until at least next year.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2020
    "the sims 5 in 2019?!"

It didn't happen, this topic should be closed.

Please post in these threads : Sims 5 (2020) and do you think 2020 will here more on the sims5?.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sims 5 didn't come last year, and it hasn't even been hinted at yet. Devs say they have years of content ideas left. There's tons of specific things we haven't got yet, like Horses and Werewolves just being definites.

And with the way EA's been treating players I don't WANT a whole new game made with their current attitude to microtransactions.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

god i hate these fake trailers so much. they pop up every now and then with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 royalty free music and crappy generic graphics.