Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Role-play - Castaway

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    (Sorry for no response. I went to bed!)

Leslie stopped, and it looked like his brain short-circuited. “I’m where?!? Last he remembered, he was in bed at home. How on Earth did he — and his kid — get here?

Though Leslie was more than a little shocked at Gema and Marie’s news, he snapped out of it a little bit when he saw Julian approach. “Oh, hi. I’m uh, Leslie. Do all of you guys” he gestured at Gema, Marie, and Julian, “know each other?”

Gema: Sort of. We've been on this island for a while... did you, when you *gestures to the water* abandoned ship so to speak, spot any other boats... anywhere?

Leslie paused, thinking for a moment. "I...I don't know. All I remember is my wife putting Lyra to bed, and then we went to bed too." He frowned, "...and then I was nearly drowning in the ocean. I didn't see any boats."

Gema: Wait... say that again?

Leslie: "My wife put the baby to bed, and not too long after we went to bed too. It was nighttime. And the next thing I knew, I was nearly drowning in the water off the coast here."

Gema: Are you saying you accidentally jumped into an alternate reality?

Julian: *raises an eyebrow* An alternate reality?

"Wha..what do you mean?" Leslie's voice quivered, "Alternate reality? Do those really exist?" In fact, Leslie sounds rather terrified by Gema's suggestion.

Lyra's getting squirmy.

Gema: Seriously. You two don't know about the portals?

Julian: Portals?! ¡Dios Mio!

Gema: *Mutters swear word under breath* There are portals on our property at home that can lead to a different reality. I'm gathering you accidentally walked through one, Leslie.

Julian: *sighs* Well, it's not the weirdest thing I've heard in my life, but it's close.

Marie: *Finding her voice*... what... was the weirdest thing... you've heard?

Julian: Man-eating alien plants and the like. I didn't personally experience it though. My friends have far more interesting lives than me and I'm famous.

Marie: You're famous?

Julian: Yeah, I'm a singer.

Gema: What do you sing?

Julian: Pop and Jazz, mostly.

Gema: Oh. What songs are you known for?

Julian: Hmm... I guess "Down". Or "Who's Gone".

Gema: Ohh, I love Down. Really spoke to me when I was a teenager.
    *Marie rolling her eyes as she is reminded of teen Gema with the speakers on full, blasting out angry music from her room.*
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

Leslie stopped, and it looked like his brain short-circuited. “I’m where?!? Last he remembered, he was in bed at home. How on Earth did he — and his kid — get here?

Though Leslie was more than a little shocked at Gema and Marie’s news, he snapped out of it a little bit when he saw Julian approach. “Oh, hi. I’m uh, Leslie. Do all of you guys” he gestured at Gema, Marie, and Julian, “know each other?”

Gema: Sort of. We've been on this island for a while... did you, when you *gestures to the water* abandoned ship so to speak, spot any other boats... anywhere?

Leslie paused, thinking for a moment. "I...I don't know. All I remember is my wife putting Lyra to bed, and then we went to bed too." He frowned, "...and then I was nearly drowning in the ocean. I didn't see any boats."

Leslie: "My wife put the baby to bed, and not too long after we went to bed too. It was nighttime. And the next thing I knew, I was nearly drowning in the water off the coast here."

"Wha..what do you mean?" Leslie's voice quivered, "Alternate reality? Do those really exist?" In fact, Leslie sounds rather terrified by Gema's suggestion.

Lyra's getting squirmy.

Gema: *Mutters swear word under breath* There are portals on our property at home that can lead to a different reality. I'm gathering you accidentally walked through one, Leslie.

Julian: *sighs* Well, it's not the weirdest thing I've heard in my life, but it's close.

Julian: Man-eating alien plants and the like. I didn't personally experience it though. My friends have far more interesting lives than me and I'm famous.

*Marie rolling her eyes as she is reminded of teen Gema with the speakers on full, blasting out angry music from her room.*

*Niko plugs one of his ears because it began to hurt as he hears Gema*
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

Lyra's getting squirmy.

Julian: *flattered* Uh, thanks I guess. *wishing he could change the subject*

Luckily (or unluckily ;) ) for him, someone is washing up on shore.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Lyra's getting squirmy.

*Gema looks past Julian to the shore. She thinks she sees something*

Lyra's getting squirmy.

*There are sounds of Charlie, Dom and Lyka groaning in pain*

Lyra's getting squirmy.

*A woman is lying face up in the sand. Julian turns around to see what Gema is looking at.*
    Julian: Is that- Katrina? *walks over to her*
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Lyra's getting squirmy.

*A woman is lying face up in the sand. Julian turns around to see what Gema is looking at.*

Gema: Who's Katrina? *Follows*

Lyra's getting squirmy.

Julian: *still walking* ...My ex-wife.

Katrina: *groans and squints* Ugh, another migraine... *opens her eyes* Wait, where am I?

Julian: Katrina?

Katrina: *sits up and turns around, notices Julian* What are you doing here? *narrows her eyes* Where am I? *looking at Gema* Who's that?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

(It's nearly 1am so I'm logging off)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited June 2019

Katrina: *groans and squints* Ugh, another migraine... *opens her eyes* Wait, where am I?

Katrina: *sits up and turns around, notices Julian* What are you doing here? *narrows her eyes* Where am I? *looking at Gema* Who's that?

“P-Portals....portals?” Leslie looks like he’s about to freak out. He and Lyra are a far, far way from home.

*Leslie is too terrified to notice Katrina has washed up on the the beach.*
    Post edited by Lyoufln on

Lyra's getting squirmy.

Niko: :neutral:
  • PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    *Marx and Nia fend off the monkeys*

Nia: *Runs right into Katrina*

Marx: *Stares at Nia and Katrina on the ground*

Monkey: *Runs up to Ena and hugs it*
    Pandoop wrote: »

Katrina: *sees the monkeys* Okay, I must be hallucinating.

Julian: Unfortunately, this is very real. *tries and fails to fend off the monkeys*
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Julian: Unfortunately, this is very real. *tries and fails to fend off the monkeys*

*Leslie is still in shock*

*Lyra turns her head and sees the monkeys*

Gema: *to Leslie* Take Lyra to shade. The monkeys can get quite viscous.

He finally snaps out of it. Leslie doesn't need to told twice! He stumbles up, and runs as fast as he can without falling over (the crash-landing he had has really taken its toll on him and he's quite tired).

Lyra watches Gema from over Leslie's shoulder.
    Katrina: *exasperated* What is this place?

Julian: *sighs* Some island. I really don't know much more than you do, Kat.

Katrina: Don't call me that.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

He finally snaps out of it. Leslie doesn't need to told twice! He stumbles up, and runs as fast as he can without falling over (the crash-landing he had has really taken its toll on him and he's quite tired).

Gema: *takes a potion out of her pocket and throws it at the monkeys* stay away!

Gema: *takes a potion out of her pocket and throws it at the monkeys* stay away!

Leslie doesn't look back, but Lyra's still watching Gema.
    edited June 2019
    (I feel like I didn't add enough detail to my post, so I'm going to add a little more :) )

Leslie booked it, soon out of sight of the other people and the monkeys. He reached the other side of the island, where the tree and fruit crate were (and whatever else anyone had left there). It was getting chilly, and Leslie knew his adrenaline rush was going to drop soon. It had been nearly two decades since Leslie had quit scouts, but at least the few things he remembered from those days were useful. It took him a little longer as he was holding Lyra in one hand, but Leslie, combed the beach for driftwood. Not much later, Leslie was able to get a small fire going. Fantastic!

Leslie is sitting down next to the fruit crate and in front of the fire, Lyra on his lap. He's trying to get her to eat some of the food he found in the crate.

Katrina: *sigh of resignation* Might as well be useful. *finds a stick and starts hitting the monkeys with it*
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    *Haru & Azumi wash up on the shore. It takes Haru a minute to come to, and he's frantically spitting out sand and seawater when he does, having washed up face-down. He weakly drags himself to his feet and looks around for the rest of his friends... And starts to worry when he sees no sign of them.*

Haru: "H-hey, Azu-chan, I don't see anyone! What's going on? Azu-chan? Hey, wake up! Are you okay?"

*He waves his hands in front of her face, and when that doesn't work, starts lightly shaking her*

Haru: "No no no, no! Come on, wake up!"

*He takes some deep breathes, trying to compose himself*
    GGgkkg wrote: »
    *Haru & Azumi wash up on the shore. It takes Haru a minute to come to, and he's frantically spitting out sand and seawater when he does, having washed up face-down. He weakly drags himself to his feet and looks around for the rest of his friends... And starts to worry when he sees no sign of them.*

Haru: "H-hey, Azu-chan, I don't see anyone! What's going on? Azu-chan? Hey, wake up! Are you okay?"

*He waves his hands in front of her face, and when that doesn't work, starts lightly shaking her*

Haru: "No no no, no! Come on, wake up!"

*He takes some deep breathes, trying to compose himself*

*Katrina doesn't notice them*

Julian: *turns around* Hello?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SaphiregirlgamerSaphiregirlgamer Posts: 449 Member
    *walks up to Katrina*
    Chloe: hi I’m chloe welcome to the island where you can’t get out!
  • PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    Nia: Guys... THE MONKEYS!

Marx: *Wacks one of the monkeys into a tree*

Marx's monkey: *Holds Ena tightly*