Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The laundry washbasin partially works with off the grid lot trait

Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
Hello,

I was thinking about Laundry Day and wondering how the washbasins will work now that off the grid is being patched in. When the stuff pack came out, Sims weren't able to use the washbasins without electricity, because of needing to change the water in the basin. I really like the laundry pack, and I want to make my Sims live off the grid on Sulani, and have them use the washbasin to do their laundry.

Edit: After the patch, it appears to partially work, although it says that the water can't be replaced. I placed a wash basin, added water, and then took the house off the grid. I was able to do laundry twice, re-using the same water. However, I'm not sure how much the dirty water would affect the cleanliness of the clothes. I just had my Sim create some new laundry quickly, and the second laundry load was pristine, even after re-using the previous water.

If there are problems with the dirty water, I guess a solution would be to temporarily place the house on the grid, change the water, and then take the house off the grid again.

I hope that this explanation wasn't too confusing to read. I'll have to do some more testing later, especially once Island Living arrives.
I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
Post edited by Rococo1256 on

Comments