Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else hates Sims babies?

Comments

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2019
    wrote:
    ...If you are tired of your baby, you can just stick it in the inventory! And you won't get your baby taken for doing so...

Seriously? I can't stand playing babies and toddlers. I could've done this the whole time? How did I not know this? THANK YOU!!!

Wait, will babies' aging freeze while in the inventory?? (So many questions about that.)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I don’t hate them. They live for three days at most before an age up, so..

Not with mods. "At most," I wouldn't say that, when there are obviously mods.

When babies got boring, I would just rotate.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yeah I highly dislike them and they need an overhaul. For now I use a mod that freezes their needs so they kind of just sit there for a few days, like a nice piece of furniture.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I had no idea you could put a baby in your inventory. I am dumbfounded by that. Just, wow.

LOL, Anyway, I actually don't mind the babies. They're super easy imo. Each interaction only lasts for a few seconds and then they're off to sleep. I wish we could do more with the babies.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • SilvyrRainSilvyrRain Posts: 20 Member
    I still find it surprising that babies were never improved for Sims 4. I couldn't play the game when object babies all of a sudden jumped into a child. That was completely absurd. So I'm glad that toddlers were added. But the babies are still objects. It's sad when the mobile game has better babies. Perhaps even more sad that Sims 2 had much better babies than Sims 4. I know some people don't care about having decent babies, but seriously, this is supposed to be a life simulation game, so having babies being objects, and not even interesting objects at that, is really sad and reflects poorly on the game.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think they're cute, and certainly better than the original Sims babies, but I do wish we could do more with them, and that they had some sort of personality (fussy, quiet, playful), and that the quality of baby care would have more effect when they become toddlers. I'd like to see a baby update more than any other general game improvement.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I don't hate them. I wish there was more too them, that's all. As they are now, they're just THERE. They do nothing except screech every few hours.

Truth be told, I miss the babies from Sims 2. I liked being able to see right off the bat what hair/eye color they inherited.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I don't hate them, I just age them into toddlers
  • LizzyMacTownieLizzyMacTownie Posts: 31 Member
    I play them for maybe a day to have some baby interactions and then age them up the day after. There's not enough to do to justify the annoyance. It's like having screaming furniture.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    They are too loud when they started crying, when you leave them alone after tending them then they cry again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I actually do not hate that sims 4 has babies as objects. Really it is only 3 days. I did have a mod that skipped the toddler stage entirely as I strongly dislike the toddlers. Have to look to see if it is needs updating.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hate the fact that babies are objects instead of sims so much. I want a baby overhaul more than anything right now. Babies feel like a doll, not like a part of the family and that's a major problem. And I always link this video when the question comes up; this is the kind of depth I'd like to see from babies. Crawling, bathing, toys, bouncy chairs, learning to stand. All of that would make babies so much more lifelike and enjoyable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs

It's actually quite sad to see that the free mobile game does a much better job at this. I can't live with those graphics though. :D
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t mind babies as they are, but if they were improved I wouldn’t be mad, as long as sims don’t put babies down on the ground! It should be coded in that there are only certain places they can be placed - furniture, laps, whatever makes sense.

I think the lifestage on long lifespan is crazy long at 12 days, so I age them up after 5. I’m not in a rush to get to the toddler stage, although I do enjoy toddlers.

I’m still a bit annoyed about trying to get a green-eyed baby long ago, quitting without saving over and over until I gave up, only to see them age up with green eyes. So that’s when I figured out that babies don’t show all the genetics they inherit. I guess IRL that can happen, happened with my eyes. But I was pretty sure previous sims babies had the inherited eye color so that was a step back.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 4 babies are newborns. They shouldn't be put on the floor. But I wish sims could take them on their laps out of that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ugly bassinet. Put them on the changing station to change their diaper and bathe them on a small baby bathtub, take them on a walk with a stroller, etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I don't hate them though wish they could be carried around like in TS2
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Writer_InkWriter_Ink Posts: 19 Member
    xurbansimsx has mods to improve pregnancies and babies. Basically they just make the babies look more realistic instead of a Blob.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes, I came to Sims 4 from Sims 2, and the babies are a disappointment. I think at the very least you should be able to carry them around, have a diaper changing table, and sit down to feed them. Sims 2 babies were so much better.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I gotta admit I didn’t read all that OP typed. Too long lol but to answer the thread title question, no I don’t hate the sim babies. Just would like to be able to carry them around the house and travel with them....maybe bathe them.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2019
    I didn't really play with them much until my young, single male Sim had an alien baby. I adored that child! She was so beautiful, and he was such a surprisingly good father/mother. Now I guess I'm a big fan of Sims 4 babies because of that beautiful child. <3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    I don’t hate them. They live for three days at most before an age up, so..

Playing with the long lifetime setting means you have your baby for six days, which is just one day shorter than the Child lifestage
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They were way more entertaining in previous versions, especially when you could wash them in the sink, and leave them on the floor with the filth they accumulated (nappies, bottles, all festering)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I find it frustrating that they are such an empty life stage. As long as they're fed with a clean diaper and a cuddle every now and then they're happy to just lay. I do wish there was a little bit more to do with them or to change the experience a bit.
    I had no idea they could be put in the inventory, I think that's a poor aspect of the game and not well thought out.
    The lack of experiences with babies does make me dislike playing them as they are dull, but then again, they're babies for such a short length of time is it even worth adding more features as they'd soon be toddlers? I'm not sure
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't hate the babies in the game, I think they're cute, and that is the reason I'd like them to be fleshed out. I just mostly cuddle them right now.
    Not sure how big of a priority it is to the developers.
    Babies, children and elders really need their own things and to be fully explored. I like the kids' scout thing but it doesn't introduce anything new, just a different way to play with what we have. ☺
    I'm getting super broody over thinking how cute babies would be if they were really fleshed out. I would have taken a baby pack over vampires and the moschino ones.😁
    They are trying to appeal to the younger customers though and they obviously do not care about babies yet or elders. It's about fashion and sexualuties for them and that's just what we're gonna get.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    It's like having screaming furniture.

You just made me spit out my drink. :D I'll remember "Screaming Furniture" for the next time I have a baby that I don't know what to call!

Anyway, since I'm not a family player and completely immune to the "charm" of real-life infants as well, my opinion on babies in the game is rather neutral. I rarely let my sims have them, only when I get bored and feel the need to change something about their lives to keep them interesting, but at some point the baby always starts crying for no reason and won't stop no matter what I do with it, that's when I get annoyed and just age it up prematurely. Since Parenthood however, babies have become a convenient tool to build the Parenting skill, because every interaction you do with them counts as parenting. So they're not completely useless, I guess.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I hate the fact that babies are objects instead of sims so much. I want a baby overhaul more than anything right now. Babies feel like a doll, not like a part of the family and that's a major problem. And I always link this video when the question comes up; this is the kind of depth I'd like to see from babies. Crawling, bathing, toys, bouncy chairs, learning to stand. All of that would make babies so much more lifelike and enjoyable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs

I do hate TS4 babies, because I want all of the depth that Freeplay babies have. If they were real sims, with hair and clothes and actual things to do, able to learn skills and be part of the family, people probably wouldn't want to age them up instantly. As they are, TS4 babies are just maddeningly boring.