The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a question/ Answer a question

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    A: Maybe an age slider so I can choose how far they are into the life stage and how old they look.

Q: What's your opinion on The Sims 4?
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Brexoxo
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    Yes, raising a toddler is no joke, even in a video game! They need so much TLC and taking your eyes off them for a second can be disastrous! This is true is real life as well, seeing as l have a 2 year old nephew and when he's silent, just know he's doing something he isn't supposed to be doing lol. :D
    So true! :wink:

A: Without,I like muh sims to look like sims.If I wanted to see stoopid slightly realistic looking people would visit my family. :D
    :lol::lol:
    :D Twinbrook says hello.
    :lol: TOTALLY. I'd say Riverview as well.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    A: Maybe an age slider so I can choose how far they are into the life stage and how old they look.

Q: What's your opinion on The Sims 4?

The age slider is a good idea. I am really obcessed with the days they got left when I'm not playing with aging off.

A: I think the best word to describe my feeling towards the sims 4 is "Lacking".

Q: If you were a sim, which expansion packs would be used to create you?
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2018
    @TinySpaceFox I like the way you put that is so true <3 .You transitioned from ST and IP then realized going to SV townies are not that great.But never understood how reversing it for others does not work,like they are so stuck on SV go to these places and do not even notice the vast genetic differences and variety originality in townies from those places.

Base world compared to way later developers getting better at creating sims,and just look at store clothing how it evolved they got better at it in the same way.

@Nikkei_Simmer Twinbook :s "Can I get a witness" you ain't kidding It would be my answer if answered my own question.Awful awful premades
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A: Supernatural (can't be a professional fortuneteller without it) and Pets (gotta have my Fuzzy Overlord).

Q: Which Sims 3 world (base, expansion or store - I don't know all the player-made ones) is a place you'd most like to visit IRL if you could?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    A: Monte Vista and I can and have, because it’s a very good interpretation of Tuscany, Italy :blush:

Q: Is there a Store item you absolutely wouldn’t want to miss in your game and if yes, what is it?
    5JZ57S6.png
    A: My answer goes with your answer @joanne65 I need!!!! my woodfire oven from MV,seriously think I could not play without it now.Love the new recipes and animations and being able to prior to a party make 3 different types of pizzas lay them out on a table for guests.More fun than ordering you feel like you are preparing it and you toss the crust and stuff.Plus cheesy bread :p in RL and sims you need cheesy bread

Q: If you had to choose one house in a sims 3 world to live in (In real life) what house would it be.

DfydFiZ.gif
    A: I think the "Unabridged" should be cool. Nice view of the ocean, modern design but not too fency, suitable for meeting friends but not too big for cleaning.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_empty_Sunset_Valley_lots#Unabridged

Q: Which sim would you not want as a neighbor?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    A: Jared Frio - I'd be too tempted to rearrange his face.
    Q: What do you find is a Sims career that you would actually like to try in real life?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer Good question

A: Ghostbusting,would be awesome and scary but just from the movies looks so fun.

Q: If you had to compare yourself to a premade which premade sim looks the most like real life you.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • edgarallenpoopedgarallenpoop Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question. So when I was in the main menu of Sims 4, I just clicked build and spent quite a while building a house. I want to move a certain family into that house, but when I go to their game I cant locate the house I built. It only appears when I'm in a different family's game. I dont think I've ever had this problem before and I'm super confused. How can I move a different family into this house?
    I have a question. So when I was in the main menu of Sims 4, I just clicked build and spent quite a while building a house. I want to move a certain family into that house, but when I go to their game I cant locate the house I built. It only appears when I'm in a different family's game. I dont think I've ever had this problem before and I'm super confused. How can I move a different family into this house?

#1, you're in the Sims 3 section.
    #2, the forum section you want is HERE: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/game-tutorials-and-helpful-hints
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • angelaaa1120angelaaa1120 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can someone help me, i keep getting an alert when i open my game that says a lastexception file has been created. now when i give the sims a command it doesnt go into the thing until i hit the menu bar. ive tried taking out the mods untill it works but it worked for another hour and stopped working. also, i downloaded whicked whims and replaced the old one. idk what to do anymore Please help thanks. i have attached my mods folder
    A: Since the only Asian sim I've seen so far is Leighton Sekemoto...in Sunset Valley (in which I play a lot)
    I guess it would have to be him... (Not really similar at all. I don't have "emo" hair. :D Sorry. :D
    Q: What feature would you like the most to see in TS5 (if it ever comes out)?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • GioSimmerGioSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    A: Wow, I would certainly love to finally see an actual upgrade to The Sims 3: open world, color wheel and extremely realistic graphics.
    Even though I'd play TS3 forever, it would be nice to see a new installment to this near-perfect game.
    (For the sake of my sanity I had to skip TS4 altogether, after buying it and trying it for a few hours.)

Q: What is your usual play style? (Meaning, do you stick with a family for generations or switch between families, mostly likes to build or prefer live-play, etc.)
    A: Usually rotate between few families/households, with aging off / epic lifespan, so I don't get so many generations... I enjoy the building aspect too. Lately I been doing more building than live playing because I'm really short on free time and I hate to start/continue a play when I don't have enough time for it. With building I can do little every time and it's fine.

Q: Do you follow sims blogs? If yes, which kind? (downloads / stories / ...)
    edited July 2018
    Can someone help me, i keep getting an alert when i open my game that says a lastexception file has been created. now when i give the sims a command it doesnt go into the thing until i hit the menu bar. ive tried taking out the mods untill it works but it worked for another hour and stopped working. also, i downloaded whicked whims and replaced the old one. idk what to do anymore Please help thanks. i have attached my mods folder

AGAIN...you are in the Sims 3 forum "
    🐸🐸🐸🐸
    " mod Is not something we can talk about in here or IN the Sims 4 forums as it is NOT a T-rated mod and the heretobe unmentioned MOD is a TS4 mod. That kind of mod needs to have questions asked in a forum that is dedicated to that sort of thing. We can't help you with that mod here. And you will get better help on your other question of why you are having problems with TS4 freezing and crashing over in this forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues in the thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A: I don't really follow blogs, but sometimes I browse around on one a bit if I stumble across it searching for something else (usually male teen fashions).

Q: Ever start a Sim in a Career that turned out to be a poor fit? Which? What was the issue? What did you have them do instead?
  • angelaaa1120angelaaa1120 Posts: 2 New Member
    can someone help? idk what this is

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <sessionid>3fca6ae3ecccbc345c579aa5</sessionid>
    <type>desync</type>
    <sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku>
    <createtime>2019-02-03 21:14:43</createtime>
    <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.48.94.1220-1.200.000.377.Release</buildsignature>
    <categoryid>asm.py:995</categoryid>
    <desyncid>3fca6ae3ecccbc345c579aa5</desyncid>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (RuntimeError: ASM :: Soc_Entertain_TellStory (HANDLE :: 55879)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (TellStory -> exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x1549c96d8; to 'object_sim' at 0x133cd6810>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>)} (debug context: (<Interaction mixer_socials_TellFunnyStory_group_Funny_alwaysOn id:6827 sim:>, ASM :: Soc_Entertain_TellStory (HANDLE :: 55908)>)))

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 632, in do_begin

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_utils.py", line 621, in get_auto_exit

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 995, in request

RuntimeError: ASM :: Soc_Entertain_TellStory (HANDLE :: 55879)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (TellStory -> exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x1549c96d8; to 'object_sim' at 0x133cd6810>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>)} (debug context: (<Interaction mixer_socials_TellFunnyStory_group_Funny_alwaysOn id:6827 sim:>, ASM :: Soc_Entertain_TellStory (HANDLE :: 55908)>))

rtim=0</desyncdata>
    </report>
    </root>
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @angelaaa1120
    Is that for the Sims 3 or Sims 4, either way, you may get more answers in the technical forms.

If Sims 4: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
    If Sims 3: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-3-help-center

Be sure to include your DXDIAG files when you post.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Q: Ever start a Sim in a Career that turned out to be a poor fit? Which? What was the issue? What did you have them do instead?

In my current household, I kind of regreted making the mother a businesswoman. My inventor has been so busy with the dogs and toddlers that he has no time for his inventing, whereas the mother spends most of the day at the office and bring in little money. I was thinking of making her a gardener, but she's just got promoted and now I'll check out what we'll do.

In another save, one sim wants to be a journalist, but I made him become a doctor because his father wants. His partner was in music career, but he was invited to become a sportsman, so I decided to play along. It's the first time I let sims experiment different jobs.

--- x --- x ---

Q: If you could furnish your RL house with any sets from the store, base game or expansion, which (pieces of furniture) would you choose?
  • Finn_HFinn_H Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi can anyone confirm of console will be getting the pride pack items and if so any idea when, thanks (on a side note will consol be getting the freelancer stuff also, thanks again
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Finn_H wrote: »
    Hi can anyone confirm of console will be getting the pride pack items and if so any idea when, thanks (on a side note will consol be getting the freelancer stuff also, thanks again

@Finn_H, you might be better off asking this over in The Sims 4 Console section as this is a thread over in The Sims 3 General Discussion section regarding Sims 3 questions and answers... ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/console-discussion
    edited June 2019

Q: If you could furnish your RL house with any sets from the store, base game or expansion, which (pieces of furniture) would you choose?

--- x --- x ---

>>

Great question!
    I guess the general style of
    Blast From the Past Compilation
    With hints of
    Japanese Inspired Living Compilation
    Even though in real life my apartment is furnished mostly by IKEA :wink: LOL

Question:
    If you could choose an outfit / clothing item from the game to have in real life, what would you choose?
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Question:
    If you could choose an outfit / clothing item from the game to have in real life, what would you choose?

Out of the blue, I'd choose "Nerd Chic" from the store

Thumbnail_300x300.png

--- x --- x ---

Question: Have you wondered if what your sims eat is tasty and tried to find the recipes they can prepare?
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited June 2019
    Question: Have you wondered if what your sims eat is tasty and tried to find the recipes they can prepare?

Answer: Absolutely, Ratatouille, Porcini Risotto, and Potato and Truffle Torte

--- x --- x ---

If you could be any race from any sim game or expansion, what would it be and why?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top