Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2019
    davina1221 wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Do you guys think we'll get some new aquariums in this pack? I sure think so since with all the new marine life they're adding its the perfect opportunity to add new ones. Besides, I wouldn't want to add marine life into a freshwater aquarium and especially seeing what they've done with the coral reefs, they could do the same thing in a fish tank. I hope there's at least one, otherwise that's such a lost opportunity.

I have been requesting the extra large standing floor one from Sims1(or Sims2) since middle Sims3. Sims could dive in and swim with the fish. I don't use the fishing career, but it would be neat and I might try it if we could have that and use it to add fish we catch.

Sorry for asking, but I saw a list counting down what will happen till the game comes out like livestream, early download for pre-buyers ect. Can you list that?

Well there is the possibility of a trailer today.

I could've sworn I had seen someone list that there would be a live stream. Thanks for the trailer tip. I will be on the lookout for that. I wonder if the sims can woohoo in the water? I don't think they mentioned any other spots. Also, do you know why shower woohoo hasn't happened? Only asking because you request that love pack a bunch and I am highly surprised at the lack of nighttime clothing.

Livestream is Tomorrow. Its 2hrs long. The only new woohoo spot in Island Living is the waterfall however there is a new interaction kiss in water that works in the sea and pools.

Their probably saving shower woohoo for Universities.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    If there's someone else with a taste for gothic metal, this might be a decent fit when creating a mermaid.
    Sirenia - Seven widows weeping (2013)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=dGCxgJFjnZw
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    The game is released at 11pm tomorrow (Thursday) here in the UK (currently 25 hours away) and I'm so impatient! Haha. I just want to play. Even tomorrow, I'll be pushing it with a couple of play and then plan to play properly Friday evening after work.
    I'm so ready for this pack (closes eyes to all review, spoiler and picture threads so far!)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If there's someone else with a taste for gothic metal, this might be a decent fit when creating a mermaid.
    Sirenia - Seven widows weeping (2013)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=dGCxgJFjnZw

she does make a nice looking mermaid @TomasGrizzly :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Do you guys think we'll get some new aquariums in this pack? I sure think so since with all the new marine life they're adding its the perfect opportunity to add new ones. Besides, I wouldn't want to add marine life into a freshwater aquarium and especially seeing what they've done with the coral reefs, they could do the same thing in a fish tank. I hope there's at least one, otherwise that's such a lost opportunity.

I have been requesting the extra large standing floor one from Sims1(or Sims2) since middle Sims3. Sims could dive in and swim with the fish. I don't use the fishing career, but it would be neat and I might try it if we could have that and use it to add fish we catch.

Sorry for asking, but I saw a list counting down what will happen till the game comes out like livestream, early download for pre-buyers ect. Can you list that?

Well there is the possibility of a trailer today.

I could've sworn I had seen someone list that there would be a live stream. Thanks for the trailer tip. I will be on the lookout for that. I wonder if the sims can woohoo in the water? I don't think they mentioned any other spots. Also, do you know why shower woohoo hasn't happened? Only asking because you request that love pack a bunch and I am highly surprised at the lack of nighttime clothing.

Livestream is Tomorrow. Its 2hrs long. The only new woohoo spot in Island Living is the waterfall however there is a new interaction kiss in water that works in the sea and pools.

Their probably saving shower woohoo for Universities.

you now I think your right @catloverplayer
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The gap between the EP announcement and release date is shrinking. What if one day they just drop an EP on the day they announce it? 🤔

But then how would we anticipate, misinterpret, review, and criticize virtually every single bit of the content in advance?! :lol:
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The gap between the EP announcement and release date is shrinking. What if one day they just drop an EP on the day they announce it? 🤔

But then how would we anticipate, misinterpret, review, and criticize virtually every single bit of the content in advance?! :lol:

Lol, right? :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    We're down to only 1 Day Left but we can start downloading at Midnight Tomorrow Night by our region!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    We're down to only 1 Day Left but we can start downloading at Midnight Tomorrow Night by our region!!!!!!!!!

and check out all the new info while we wait. cause some people should be playing.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Yes, there is a live stream tomorrow @davina1221 :) Can't recall exactly what time though :/
    ETA: only new woohoo spot is the waterfall :) and there's a new kissing in water interaction.

Nooo. :p I didn't know that. I did read about the waterfall being interactive in some way, but didn't know that. How exciting. Too bad they don't have sand woohoo where the sand flies all over the place. :D Kissing in water. Wonder if that is pools too or just standing under the waterfall? Thanks for all the info.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yes, there is a live stream tomorrow @davina1221 :) Can't recall exactly what time though :/
    ETA: only new woohoo spot is the waterfall :) and there's a new kissing in water interaction.

Nooo. :p I didn't know that. I did read about the waterfall being interactive in some way, but didn't know that. How exciting. Too bad they don't have sand woohoo where the sand flies all over the place. :D Kissing in water. Wonder if that is pools too or just standing under the waterfall? Thanks for all the info.

Kiss in Water can be done in the ocean and I believe pools. There is also a mermaid kiss interaction that uses the same animation as kiss in water.

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    For Australians, it’s 9 hours and 45 mins to go. ( midnight on 21st).
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

Kiss in Water can be done in the ocean and I believe pools. There is also a mermaid kiss interaction that uses the same animation as kiss in water.

Thanks. I have to say, I'm more excited for this EP than any since the family packs. With open oceans and so much to do, it definitely gives Sims4 a bunch more options. I think that is the one thing lacking in Sims4 is a bunch of options. I can think of so many ways to start different games with this one. Be or interact with the mermaid, go there to retire, go there with family, play the lifeguard, the environmentalist job, off grid minimalist on a deserted island, animal lover, or something with the spirits. I'm pretty hyped about this EP. It has huge potential and in my opinion is truly a game changer.

I hate there isn't an underwater part like in Sims3, but maybe they can add on one day and make a Simlantis underwater city. I wanted houseboats and hammocks too. Hopefully, this will happen.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Anyone using a vpn to download early? Another simmer told me about it so this will be the first time I do it. I read that it’s ok to do as long as you’re not using the vpn to purchase the game for cheaper. I’ve already preorder but I’m hoping to download tomorrow after work. I just have to figure out how to do it on a Mac. 😂
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i am using a vpn too download at 7 am my time on the west coast so 14 hours early
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't have a vpn, so I am just going to have to wait. For me, it comes out tomorrow around 9 p.m. anyways.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes! Definitely using VPN so I should be downloading in approximately 7 hours from now!!! The hype <3<3
  • Options
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I don't have a vpn, so I am just going to have to wait. For me, it comes out tomorrow around 9 p.m. anyways.

for me 11pm
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'll be using VPN in the morning if I awake early enough. I have insomnia atm, so I might just sleep right through it once I finally fall asleep.
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    I won't have the pack until the end of the month when I am paid, but its going to be SO EPIC! :D
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2019
    yupp wrote: »
    Anyone using a vpn to download early? Another simmer told me about it so this will be the first time I do it. I read that it’s ok to do as long as you’re not using the vpn to purchase the game for cheaper. I’ve already preorder but I’m hoping to download tomorrow after work. I just have to figure out how to do it on a Mac. 😂

I'll be using a VPN as well. I'm pretty excited, and I managed to get the day off of work today. So, I'll get to enjoy some Island Living a little early.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I'll be using VPN in the morning if I awake early enough. I have insomnia atm, so I might just sleep right through it once I finally fall asleep.

Insomnia sucks :( if you do manage to fall asleep, I hope you'll be sleeping soundly until you wake up to some island living fun :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    So much hype!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    So CDKeys have sent me the code and I have redeemed it on Origin. It still says I have to wait until 9:00 p.m. before it downloads; but I am so excited! It's almost time!
  • Options
    4 hours now! <3 So hype!!