Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Island Living + June 2019 patch

Comments

• RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    @luthienrising Oh I mis-read on the script, I was confusing them with the files that go in the Tray folder, I follow you now after going back and re-reading your reply, I didn't know that so thanks for telling me, I'll go back and recheck my scripts.
  • WolfenomadWolfenomad Posts: 6 New Member
    > @LittleMsSam said:
    > @Wolfenomad The FF Mod works fine in my Game. No LE Issue at all. Make sure you have the updated Version installed (SFS sometimes let's ppl download old ones). Also make sure you installed both Files and not only one.

Hi, I installed the ones you claim you updated. How do I ensure it is the same one? Here is is a few hours later and still messed up.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Stacie mods still seem to be broken or no update yet. hopefully, update soon though.

See p. 1. Most of her mods are listed in Broken, one in Updated as of this afternoon.

@StarryMight Thanks! For those skimming:

Reported Fine by Modder
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • WolfenomadWolfenomad Posts: 6 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @Wolfenomad Did you also delete the file called localthumbcache? That's gameplay cache and should be deleted when you're updating mods.
    > Here's where you can find @LittleMsSam normally: (link removed by poster as not allowed to post it)

Yes, I always do that. As I was going through the hours and hours of re-adding each mod/cc to my game play, that was one thing I did before each time I started the game. Now here I am hours after I first commented, the mod is STILL broke.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Are wall microwaves still working? Or are those outdated? I didn't know the mod existed until yesterday :(
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited June 2019
    telemwill wrote: »
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > telemwill wrote: »
    >
    > Not a mod, but the Lenny hairstyle by Simstrouble is broken.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have Lenny in my game and I'm not having an issue. Have you tried the hair with nothing else in your Mods folder? If it's not working by itself try deleting the file and downloading it again.

I did try both of those solutions, but it is still wonky for me. I get lines on my Sims face and body that look awful. It does not show up in CAS or when I zoom in on my Sim on the lot. But when not zoomed in, I get the lines. The newly downloaded version looked slightly less wonky, but still was not normal.

I am glad it is working for you though. Maybe I will find a solution,

I'm sorry. It must be conflicting with another file. You could try using the 50-50 method. Do as instructed but leave that package file in your Mods folder so you can see if it borks. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16545624#Comment_16545624
    Reported Fine by Modder
    • Brandi_Marie93: More Autonomous Social Interactions For Toddlers
    • hugs: Cosmic Gender Ray
    • jodi521: Flori4nK Immortal Trait

No Longer Needed
    • Vampires Bug Fix (mathcope)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • OtterShamblesOtterShambles Posts: 16 New Member
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but since the update the kijiko skin detail male eyelashes have been causing a weird silvery metallic layer to appear on sims in game?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It seems the emphasis this time is on script mods breaking. The only script mod I use is MCCC; my other mods are .package files - are these less likely to be broken?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • clowntwinkclowntwink Posts: 2 New Member
    Is it safe for me to play if I just remove all of my mods and CC until everything is in the clear? Or should I wait?
    clowntwink wrote: »
    Is it safe for me to play if I just remove all of my mods and CC until everything is in the clear? Or should I wait?

Start by checking p. 1 of this thread to find out which mods you can simply update and which are reported as definitely broken. Beyond those, it's your call how much risk you want to take.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Slice of life seemed to have been updated; though the add-ons are not available at the moment (probably waiting to be updated).
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Slice of life seemed to have been updated; though the add-ons are not available at the moment (probably waiting to be updated).

Yep :) I think I got that one on the previous page. It's just a hot-fix for now. She's doing the Explore Mod next before she starts on smaller ones, probably that includes the add-ons.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    Broken Mods
    • Baby Shower Event (brittpinkie/konansock)
    • Fear Mod (NeilDevBlog)
    • Get to College (itasan2)
    • Mermaid Lifestate (SpinningPlumbobs)
    • More CAS Traits for Sims (chingyu1023)
    • Witches and Warlocks ModPack (Neil)

Re. No EA Eyelashes (cienroza), I've seen at least one not-working report but over at SimsVIP they have it reported working. Perhaps there are conflicts? If you use this mod, please check it with no other mods or CC installed.

@TOLKIEN These are being reported by users as working: https://luumiasims.com/post/174867678324/a-definitive-cas-height-slider-plus-moremore
    BabySquare wrote: »

Sweet, thank you! If I have time before I go out, I'll put a list together here. If not, it might be morning before I can. Will make sure it gets seen by skimmers, though:

Updated Mods
    • mods by Bienchen, listed here
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    Stacie mods still seem to be broken or no update yet. hopefully, update soon though.

I have Kawaiistacie's traits bundle and those are working.
    Each trait is doing what it should, anyway. If this mod is causing any problems, I've yet to encounter them, but then I haven't played for long.
    Broken Mod
    • Toddler Walk Together Mod (Triplis)

Okay! I'm now heading off for the evening. Will be back with updates in the morning!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @SpeedBS Please edit your post to remove the name of the mod; we aren't permitted to discuss that one here. Also, go get the update.
    @simscognito Have you checked over at AHQ's bug reports page?

Broken Mods
    • GrayCurse Cooking/Ingredient Overhaul (GrayCurse)
    • Sweet Tooth Trait (Sresla)

Updated Mods
    Confirmed Fine by Modder
    • aldavor: Viable Photography, Masterpiece Painting Sale (and some CC - please scroll up for that0

Removed from "Broken"
    • ADHD Trait

yeah it was confliting with the one that was causing the door issue. which still confuses me cause that one worked. so now i had my first ever mod conflict.

@luthienrising just checked now. it does appear to be a common issue. thanks for the advice. :)
  • AmaraObijiakuAmaraObijiaku Posts: 3 New Member
    this patch messed up my game more than any other... most of my cc is missing from my sims and my house so now I might have to completely start over.
  • AmaraObijiakuAmaraObijiaku Posts: 3 New Member
    > @AmaraObijiaku said:
    > this patch messed up my game more than any other... most of my cc is missing from my sims and my house so now I might have to completely start over.

but it's fine though because this thread helped me clear out all my broken mods so i'm just happy not to be receiving 20 last exception errors per second anymore :D
    this patch messed up my game more than any other... most of my cc is missing from my sims and my house so now I might have to completely start over.
    @AmaraObijiaku I'm so sorry that happened. That really plums.
    > @AmaraObijiaku said:
    > this patch messed up my game more than any other... most of my cc is missing from my sims and my house so now I might have to completely start over.

but it's fine though because this thread helped me clear out all my broken mods so i'm just happy not to be receiving 20 last exception errors per second anymore :D

I'm glad this thread helped though. :)
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    I know Nyx's old mods are broken, but can they cause dangerous LE's in the game? Such as werewolves?
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2019

I don't see them as reported as working, the last post was made that mentioned they worked was a month ago. There was 2 posts made 5 days ago but from what I've seen as reported here and elsewhere they are still broken.

Any chance somebody else could confirm if they are broken or not though by trying them? (luumia height sliders)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top