Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What made you start playing the Sims?

13...Next

Comments

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    In High School my mate used TS2 for a house render instead of ArchiCAD for a graphics assignment. I was curious & she lent me her game. Got hooked overnight.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    When I was in elementary school, my friend gave me the Sims 1 because his mom was going to throw it away because his sims had a kid and she didn't believe him when he said they just kissed a lot to get it. 😂😂 I've been hooked ever since.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wanted a game where I played God over my people! Played Sims Bustin Out on PS2 before it broke. Then decided to get TS4 on my high-end laptop.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Will Wright. I was a Sims City and Sim Ant fan - he enticed to try his new game back in 1999 been a hard core Simmer every since.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I play since 2000, I remember going to my cousin's house and he was building a bathroom and I was so amazed by the game that I wanted it... then my brother said that he already had the game in his computer and let me play it. I was 10 years old and I have been a fan since then.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited June 2019
    Being bored when I'm alone. Not to say I was lonely or bored. I had lots of friends when I started playing in 2000 (probably more than ever in my life before or since), and I wasn't bored with life in general, but late at night when evening fun was winding down I'd want to do something, and I'd be bored for the hour or two before bed. Of course, that was when "bed" meant 6 hours - I was much younger and needed less sleep than I do now LOL. I had to find something to occupy that time.

Also when I was a teen I wanted to be an architect. I found out I wasn't suited for it because I'm not good with math, but the creative aspect of it still enticed me. So did designing the homes. So even thought it was a few years later that I found the Sims, that was a good outlet for the couple of hours a night when I was by myself and winding down.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I was playing a pets game that they decided to no longer support. I had to fill that void and looked for simulation games at Tower Records ( I guess that tells you I'm old ). I came across Sims 1 and have purchased everything sims ever since.
  • bromstbromst Posts: 18 New Member
    My cousins used to play the sims (i forgot which versions, but they were the older ones) and they'd let me play occasionally on their computers. I also played some of the mobile sims games during that time since I didn't own a computer. I kinda stopped for a while until I was on a trip with one of my friends and she and I played the Sims 4 on her computer. After that, I purchased it and loaded it (on hotel wifi, which took around 9 hours good grief) but it was worth it ;p been playing it constantly.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    My friend used to play the Sims 1 every time we were on the phone, narrating her sims lives. I became so curious I begged my mom to buy the game for me and the rest is history!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    I just kind of grew up around Sims-related memes and Tumblr posts reposted to Pinterest. It seems like all my friends had the game so as soon as I actually got a laptop of my own I made a point to ask for it for my next birthday.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I was 13, went over to my friend's house and wondering what game she was playing...hooked ever since! I started near the tail end of Sims 1 though, Sims 2 came out when I was 14.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • kaylamichelle7kaylamichelle7 Posts: 4 New Member
    I started playing Sims back when TheSims2, that's the first game I got 2004 I was 13 or 12. Been playing ever since NOT GONNA STOP.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I played The Sims 1 at a friend's house when I was in the 5th grade, I fell in love with the game and asked for it for Christmas that year.

I've been playing consistently ever since.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    It's all my best friend's fault. His character and mine have been "dating" through various role plays and stories I write. He joked saying if I were to get Sims our boys can finally be together in a new fun way. He already had the game and his character created in it. I went and got the game and to my horror my dumb computer didn't support the game! I actually went and got a brand new computer (probably needed anyway especially since I was running Windows Vista on the old one) and installed Sims 4. I created my character and explored the game and later my friend sent me the file of his character. I've been playing ever since. If it wasn't for my bff and our characters I never would have even dreamed of getting the game. Now I can't get enough. (and yes I do play other households and families on other slots). Love this game!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I had played SimCity before the first Sims came out. I loved it and was curious what The Sims game was going to be like. Loved The Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 and never once used mods and or CC. Sims 4 is the first time I've ever used mods or CC in the game because the game isn't good enough vanilla they really jumped the shark with Sims 4.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]