Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Island Living + June 2019 patch

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Ash1889 wrote: »
    Also- Autonomy doesn't seem to be working. I have full autonomy on, but my sims wont do anything unless I tell them to do it.

Pull out mods and CC to find the issue. Not all broken mods and CC have been reported yet. Autonomy is working without mods/CC.

Alternate Bug Bandaid
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Found a couple more bugs I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced.... My sims cannot cook anything in the oven. They can use the stovetop, but anything requiring baking or cooking in the oven, they just stop at preparing it in the bowl. Also, sims cannot click on potty chair. Toddlers can use it just fine, but if a sim needs to potty train or clean the chair, all clicking on it does is bring up my notifications wall. And I'm not even using any CC potty chairs, these are EA.

Are you by chance using the Bake Cupcake Machine Items In The Oven? Because that mod has survived lots of patches despite not being updated for ages, and this patch may have finally done it in.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Does anyone know if ‘No friendship loss with Uncontrollable Hissing Weakness’ by Ulgrym is still working?
  • SakurablossomsimsSakurablossomsims Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! So I’m new so I hope I’m doing thing right but I’m experiencing a strange glitch in my game where white shining marks are showing up on my sim- but not in the actual game play, just on the sim icon and selected Icon? It only started happening after this update- curious if anyone else has run into this issue
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    gemmasilk wrote: »
    slow dancing mod is also broken

Is that Sacrificial's Romantic Slow Dancing? Because he says his mods are fine.

All of Sacrificial's mods are broken.
    gettps wrote: »
    gemmasilk wrote: »
    slow dancing mod is also broken

Is that Sacrificial's Romantic Slow Dancing? Because he says his mods are fine.

All of Sacrificial's mods are broken.

Yep sorry, misspoke there!
    Does anyone know if ‘No friendship loss with Uncontrollable Hissing Weakness’ by Ulgrym is still working?

There's been no report on it.
    ... custom foods is definitely broken i removed them and completely fixed the issue

For Custom Foods, see the note on the first page on a fix that lets you use most of it. The other mod can't be mentioned here.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    @luthienrising I don’t think it’s very popular and it hasn’t been updated since 2018 so I’m not sure the Modder is still active so I think it could be broken despite no report. Maybe I’ll get brave and test it out myself.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thanks for this thread @luthienrising - very much appreciated! :)

I completely agree this player is a star when it comes to working out what mods works and what does not especially when a player like me never usually plays with mods or CC until a series ends (but do with series 4-) so I concur thanks for all your hard work when patches/packs change our beloved mods in keeping us updated :)

I am not sure if I am allowed to say this but my absolute 1st mod I need to be able to play is weerbesu's UI extension mods for needs which has been updated for patrons already but not yet on MTS and again if this goes against the rules I apologize in advance :)
    edited June 2019
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread @luthienrising - very much appreciated! :)

I completely agree this player is a star when it comes to working out what mods works and what does not especially when a player like me never usually plays with mods or CC until a series ends (but do with series 4-) so I concur thanks for all your hard work when patches/packs change our beloved mods in keeping us updated :)

I am not sure if I am allowed to say this but my absolute 1st mod I need to be able to play is weerbesu's UI extension mods for needs which has been updated for patrons already but not yet on MTS and again if this goes against the rules I apologize in advance :)

He's no longer posting on MTS. The mod on Patreon is not patrons-only. Also, thank you :)
  • WolfenomadWolfenomad Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi, I reported that the LittleMsSam's Foster Family mod is STILL broken. After HOURS of removing my mods folder, re-adding one at a time and going through everything with a fine point, I found it was her mods. So, I removed them and have been playing the game, figuring that when she was able to, she would update them. This morning I checked and saw that she did. Well, sad to say, the Foster Family is still causing problems. I thought perhaps it may be conflicting with another cc I have. Removed mods again to test only Foster Family (along with mc center) only to find that it was still giving problems. I do hope this will be resolved as I LOVE this mod. I understand she has a busy schedule, but needed to let ya know this is not working still (I don't know how to contact her).
    @Wolfenomad Did you also delete the file called localthumbcache? That's gameplay cache and should be deleted when you're updating mods.
    Here's where you can find @LittleMsSam normally: https://discord.gg/uETKp8
    Updated Mods
    Broken CC
    • No EA Eyelashes (CIEŃ Z RÓŻA)
  • RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    I want to first thank luthienrising for creating this awesome thread, I'm new to Sims 4 with 2 - 1/2 weeks in just over 300 hours playtime (<--- retired) :) and was lucky enough to learn early on how to keep mods organized hence pure chaos if not and so I had dated and named folders for all of my mods, makes that 50/50 so much easier.

The patch did catch me off guard and after research I'll be prepared in the future. I don't yet have near what mods were listed working and not in this thread but for the ones I do use thanks again for the updates. I'm still working on and discovering mods (cc) that I find useful for my game play. I had just found and downloaded Littlesams venue purchase prob 45 mins before unbeknownst to me the patch came in. Any and all previous games I've played have mod managers for them, so this self management is a bit new as well to me.
    Welcome to Sims, @RLBTanglewood ! Yeah, the lack of a mod manager is awkward. There's also not really a centralized place to find mods. You'll find threads of recommended mods on the forums. Mod the Sims hosts a lot of mods, but many of the big modders are now on their own sites, on Tumblr, or using Patreon as a host. Searching for #Sims 4 mods on Tumblr turns up a fair bit. But right now, SimsVIP's Broken Mods list structure is possibly the most comprehensive list of what mods are out there and currently supported.

FYI, you can next mods in the Mods folder, but script mods (anything that has a .ts4script extension) can only be one folder deep.
  • TheDoctor363TheDoctor363 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have found that since the update. None of my houses will allow me to place doors. It keeps saying script call failed whenever I try to place a door. It also removed doors that were previously in the game as well. My sims cant get out of their houses properly. Someoen please help
    I have found that since the update. None of my houses will allow me to place doors. It keeps saying script call failed whenever I try to place a door. It also removed doors that were previously in the game as well. My sims cant get out of their houses properly. Someoen please help

Please update particular mods that are in a category that can't be discussed on the official forums because of the game rating.
    Updated
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    It sounds like after reading various forums and seeing posts here that the majority of script mods (and a few non) are being effected the most. Basically if you use script mods there is a good chance that they won't work. I think this is the first major patch to effect so many script mods at once though since last year. I'm glad I held off updating my game because there are some I really like and others like luumia height sliders which sound like they might never get fixed due to MIA creators or wait for replacement mods.

On that note, does anybody know of any alternative height sliders that STILL work or have an active creator?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Found a couple more bugs I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced.... My sims cannot cook anything in the oven. They can use the stovetop, but anything requiring baking or cooking in the oven, they just stop at preparing it in the bowl. Also, sims cannot click on potty chair. Toddlers can use it just fine, but if a sim needs to potty train or clean the chair, all clicking on it does is bring up my notifications wall. And I'm not even using any CC potty chairs, these are EA.

Are you by chance using the Bake Cupcake Machine Items In The Oven? Because that mod has survived lots of patches despite not being updated for ages, and this patch may have finally done it in.

'emilypl27BakeCupcakeMachineItemsInOvenNoIngredients' seems to be working as intended for me even though it hasn't been updated since the 2017 Cats and Dogs patch. It's not throwing any LEs.
    Updated Mods
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    @Wolfenomad The FF Mod works fine in my Game. No LE Issue at all. Make sure you have the updated Version installed (SFS sometimes let's ppl download old ones). Also make sure you installed both Files and not only one.
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    mathcope's Vampire Cheats Simplified reported as fine by author: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5539872#post5539872
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Welcome to Sims, @RLBTanglewood ! Yeah, the lack of a mod manager is awkward. There's also not really a centralized place to find mods. You'll find threads of recommended mods on the forums. Mod the Sims hosts a lot of mods, but many of the big modders are now on their own sites, on Tumblr, or using Patreon as a host. Searching for #Sims 4 mods on Tumblr turns up a fair bit. But right now, SimsVIP's Broken Mods list structure is possibly the most comprehensive list of what mods are out there and currently supported.
    >
    > FYI, you can next mods in the Mods folder, but script mods (anything that has a .ts4script extension) can only be one folder deep.

Thank you!

And thanks for the info, Yes I discovered that sub-folders won't work in the tray so my only hope is that there is a date and time stamp as to when they were placed but I'm finding that dragging from a .rar they retain their original creation date.

As far as building type CC's go, I went ahead and just pulled them after the patch as I like to upload creations to the gallery, I'm just going to focus on sim related mods for now.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    edited June 2019
    Stacie mods still seem to be broken or no update yet. hopefully, update soon though.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top