March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• peachie_simspeachie_sims Posts: 11 New Member
    > @TotallyABrobot said:
    > I can see that. Realism is for everyone.
    >
    > What are you playing on? I'm on PS4 master race (joking, of course).

PC master race ;DDD Im literally addicted to making & downloading cc, my computer is barely chugging along but hey, its definitely worth it. What is sims like on a console? I would imagine its kinda clunky but Ive never played it on console before so ://
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    edited June 2019
    Everything takes far less buttons, on consoles, @peachie_sims . It's also rather smooth unless you switch to build mode, switch lots (travelling) or select plan outfits. That and switching speeds (like going from paused to triple/quadra forward or whatever the fastest fast forward is called). Uhhh, you're free to message me, don't wanna hog threads.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • bayleafcandlebayleafcandle Posts: 23 Member
    Hi friends! I've been playing The Sims for years, but I just joined the forums! I started when TS3 was released ! I'm excited to start hanging out here in the forums B)
  • SylvanasSylvanas Posts: 40 New Member
    Hello all! My first Sims game was TS4. I started playing last year on my birthday, June 21 (coming up on Friday!). I've read countless help threads over the past year, solving my confusion, and I figured that I'd make an account to answer others' questions and give back to the community that has saved me countless hours!
  • wyvern713wyvern713 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello fellow nerds! I started playing The Sims with the original Sims game. A bit late to the party I think; got the base game for 25 cents at a garage sale, then I got the Unleashed expansion shortly after. I've been hooked ever since. I have almost all of the expansions for Sims 2, and many of the stuff packs (only the ones that came with the Double Deluxe, University Life, and I think the Pets). I skipped Sims 3 because I didn't care for how the Sims looked, and I didn't like the open world and how the sims' lives moved on without you if you were playing with another household. Yes, I'm one of those micromanaging Simmers, don't judge me, LOL!

I got Sims 4 for Valentine's Day in 2018, and have been going crazy!! I love it so much! There are a few things I miss from 2 (like the cinematics for certain life events), but I love how much more creation power there is and the improvements to vampires and aliens, among many other things. I started with one Sim couple, and am now getting the 5th and 6th generations. Fun fact, all of my vampires can trace their origins back to the original vampire I made when I got the Vampires pack. I have a lot of vampire sims, but I've only CAS created the very first one.

Sorry for the tome you guys, I just love the Sims! I like to knit or crochet while I play, and I love that The Sims is a game that I can play and craft simultaneously.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hi friends! I've been playing The Sims for years, but I just joined the forums! I started when TS3 was released ! I'm excited to start hanging out here in the forums B)

Hello @bayleafcandle :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of Sims 3. You would have been enjoying spending many fun hours over the time playing, creating and building in the game! Simmimg is enjoyable!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the threads.
    Happy simming! :)
    Sylvanas wrote: »
    Hello all! My first Sims game was TS4. I started playing last year on my birthday, June 21 (coming up on Friday!). I've read countless help threads over the past year, solving my confusion, and I figured that I'd make an account to answer others' questions and give back to the community that has saved me countless hours!

Hello @Sylvanas :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Happy birthday for June 21,and happy first anniversary of playing the Sims! :) I hope that you have a very lovely birthday day!
    It is very kind and thoughtful of you to want to help fellow simmers on the forums <3
    wyvern713 wrote: »
    Hello fellow nerds! I started playing The Sims with the original Sims game. A bit late to the party I think; got the base game for 25 cents at a garage sale, then I got the Unleashed expansion shortly after. I've been hooked ever since. I have almost all of the expansions for Sims 2, and many of the stuff packs (only the ones that came with the Double Deluxe, University Life, and I think the Pets). I skipped Sims 3 because I didn't care for how the Sims looked, and I didn't like the open world and how the sims' lives moved on without you if you were playing with another household. Yes, I'm one of those micromanaging Simmers, don't judge me, LOL!

I got Sims 4 for Valentine's Day in 2018, and have been going crazy!! I love it so much! There are a few things I miss from 2 (like the cinematics for certain life events), but I love how much more creation power there is and the improvements to vampires and aliens, among many other things. I started with one Sim couple, and am now getting the 5th and 6th generations. Fun fact, all of my vampires can trace their origins back to the original vampire I made when I got the Vampires pack. I have a lot of vampire sims, but I've only CAS created the very first one.

Sorry for the tome you guys, I just love the Sims! I like to knit or crochet while I play, and I love that The Sims is a game that I can play and craft simultaneously.

Hello @wyvern713 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been playing since the original Sims 1. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the time.
    It is great that you are enjoying playing Sims 4 and now have 5th and 6th generations of your original vampire. You would be enjoying seeing the family tree growing!
    It is lovely that you enjoy crafting and playing the Sims game together :)
  • Sims_ChSims_Ch Posts: 66 Member
    Hello and just looking to play sims and meet other players. My daughter came up with a challenge we would live to share but we cant figure out how to post a new thread or forum. Can anyone help us please.
    Ooo and how do i change my pic in the profile.
  • balibaileybalibailey Posts: 23 Member
    hello all! I recently got into the sims because my friend has been obsessed with it, and i took advantage of the free sims 4 base game offer. i'm now obsessed and joined the forums so i can become more involved in the community. looking forward to spending time on here!
    Sims_Ch wrote: »
    Hello and just looking to play sims and meet other players. My daughter came up with a challenge we would live to share but we cant figure out how to post a new thread or forum. Can anyone help us please.
    Ooo and how do i change my pic in the profile.

Hello @Sims_Ch :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    You will be able to start a new thread and change your profile picture when you become a full member.

When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post your challenge there
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

balibailey wrote: »
    hello all! I recently got into the sims because my friend has been obsessed with it, and i took advantage of the free sims 4 base game offer. i'm now obsessed and joined the forums so i can become more involved in the community. looking forward to spending time on here!

Hello @balibailey :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that your friend encouraged you to play The Sims and now you are also enjoying playing the game also! It was great that you were able to take advantage of the free Sims 4 Base game offer.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads,meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads and posting about your sims from your game.
    Ooo ok but now my next question, after reading the link, is how and where do me put the 15 post? And do comments count?
    Ooo ok but now my next question, after reading the link, is how and where do me put the 15 post? And do comments count?

Hello @Sims_Ch :)
    You need to post on forum threads.Each time you make a comment, it is counted as a post.
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    Comments made on your actvities wall don’t count though. The link to your activities wall is
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/Sims_Ch
  • ihaveaplaniswearihaveaplaniswear Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello everyone! I've been playing sims for about as long as I can remember. I've been lurking here for a while, so I figured it was about time I introduced myself!
    Hello everyone! I've been playing sims for about as long as I can remember. I've been lurking here for a while, so I figured it was about time I introduced myself!

Hello @ihaveaplaniswear :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming for a long time. You would have been enjoying playing a number of sims households over the time and seeing how their Sims lives develop in your game :)
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Hi! I'm currently a new member, I've been through a CRAZY process with my sims 4 folder but that's for another time haha anyway I love Sims, Zelda, and anything nintendo :) I currently play Zelda, Mario, And Sims and I want to hopefully learn how to make mods and cc in the future :)
    Samlish wrote: »
    Hi! I'm currently a new member, I've been through a CRAZY process with my sims 4 folder but that's for another time haha anyway I love Sims, Zelda, and anything nintendo :) I currently play Zelda, Mario, And Sims and I want to hopefully learn how to make mods and cc in the future :)

Hello @Samlish :) Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you enjoy playing The Sims and Nintendo games. You would enjoy choosing what game to play depending on what you feel like playing that day.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Thanks @rosemow ! Happy to be here :)
  • JuniperSimsJuniperSims Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="Writer_Ink;c-17119008"]Hellooo! I'm Writer Ink. I'm new to the forum and I plan to make Machinimas, Let's Plays, and overall make many creative projects using the Sims. I hope to learn more about Mods, CCs, and how to use the Game to make beautiful pieces of work. [/quote]

Wow, you make Machinimas? Do you post them anywhere or are they just for yourself? :) I love machinima, I’ve attempted to make one before but I learned quickly that taking screenshots is more my speed 😅

I love that you’re using the Sims to create even bigger creative projects :)
  • JuniperSimsJuniperSims Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="Sylvanas;c-17120844"]Hello all! My first Sims game was TS4. I started playing last year on my birthday, June 21 (coming up on Friday!). I've read countless help threads over the past year, solving my confusion, and I figured that I'd make an account to answer others' questions and give back to the community that has saved me countless hours![/quote]

Hey @Sylvanas, nice to meet you! I love your username - and happy birthday!
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Hello everyone, PifflePrincess here!
    I play on console (ps4), but I managed to get the free base game last month so I play also on pc from time to time (finally using mods).
    Hope to have a great time here on the official forum and find answers and suggestions for my Sims experience!
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top