Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have NO DOORS

Today's patch destoryed Everything. I have no doors. My sim is stuck in her bedroom. The other apartments have no front doors. Sims are standing by the elevator. I took mods out and it didn't help.

The normal help thread isn't even an option on here anymore. And I REALLY don't feel like trying to get help from Answers hq. And other simmers tend to be really good at figuring out the issues.

So if anyone knows what to do, that'd be great. :smiley:
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Did you repair your game? I’ve heard of this but it is mod related from my understanding so I’m wondering if repairing might help.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Thanks 😊
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    Still can't door. Inside has doors. But there are no front doors. Updated mods still no doors.
    I found others with the same issue:
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Percy06 wrote: »
    so i’m having a problem yikes. this new update added the patch thing that’s messing with a lot of mods which i’m sure you are done hearing about lol. but my problem is that the mods i used removed doors and would let me put them in. i fixed the issue and took out the mods but now my sims have no way of getting in their apartment because it won’t let me add a front door and i have no idea how to fix this :(

SAMMMMMEEEEEE Like still can't get out, or in. But now my sim can get out of her bedroom at least. And I went into manage worlds to try to give people doors. NO SUCH LUCK. This is why we should''ve been able to make our own apartment buildings in the first place.

I'm afraid to check my other families.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    This freaked me out when I got in game after the patch. For me it was Basemental, I exited without saving, took it out, and my doors were all back. I had to get rid of some other mods to get rid of the last exception messages but now I seem to be all good. I hope you figure out what's taken your doors, lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    No problem with my doors thus far. Could not play long I have a hurt arm - and just with the patch - do not have the EP/ But doors and recolors galore.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I have a problem...my sim cant seem to walk through a door. a regular door. No mods, no anything. Not even MOO. every few sim days they'll get stuck in a room with no way out even though there's nothing in the way.

-Yarden.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I have a problem...my sim cant seem to walk through a door. a regular door. No mods, no anything. Not even MOO. every few sim days they'll get stuck in a room with no way out even though there's nothing in the way.
    Yardenro wrote: »

Like I said I have not played very much last night - just checked out things some people mentioned missing that I have not encountered as missing. Who knows maybe they go missing over days or something but for me - the base game doors are there and working and in lots of colors. Maybe it is just with the new pack I haven't gotten yet. Do you have the new pack?

I also never use mods, CC, or cheats in Sims 4 but have all packs up until this new one. I have no clue why I see them and you don't. Was just letting you know that so far I see them. It is the second day in my sims house - in Strangerville - I was checking the water looking for wading spots but nothing yet in the local pond any way - some new fish though - no wading though - but yes same doors - just in more colors and all usable. My sim is a Single YA I played through the Strangertown battle (both branches of the military to the top - so not a new Sim as he was also my Vampire Slayer when Vamps came out and an Computer guy before that. He has high skills in lots of things - all done the hard way.

Could it be my sim is not new as he has been played off and on since the base game - same guy - new jobs and he has aging off since day one. Just trying to figure out why I have no door issue in base game recolor doors and you do have an issue. I am at a loss at seeing anything wrong here.

ETA - Try cleaning your thumbnail caches and do a game repair.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    Yo! My game won't let me place sinks! Since the update, my game deleted all the sinks in all my houses and I can't place new ones! I'm getting the same error ppl with doors were getting. What is going on? This patch is breaking a lot of things. I do have some mods and I've repaired the game and removed the broken ones, but sinks are still a no go.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yo! My game won't let me place sinks! Since the update, my game deleted all the sinks in all my houses and I can't place new ones! I'm getting the same error ppl with doors were getting. What is going on? This patch is breaking a lot of things. I do have some mods and I've repaired the game and removed the broken ones, but sinks are still a no go.

Do you have the “don’t wash dishes where you angry poop” mod? It’s broken right now.