Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you wish TS4 had that other The Sims have?

Like is there anything you want the Sims 4 to have that was available in the other Sims versions?

I miss bonehilda. I also miss NPCs such as the police, fire fighters, the repo man, and even burglars
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited June 2019
    Open worlds
    Cars
    More occult
    CASt
    Likes/dislikes
    Farm animals
    University
    Double the traits and more trait slots
    Sims 2 personality scale thing
    Zodiac signs
    House boats
    Resorts
    News papers
    Elevators/more stair types
    Diving boards and pool slides
    Bands
    Singer career
    Magic
    Speakers that link together

I’m sure I could think of a lot more.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Zodiac Signs
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    These are a few things I miss.

This when looking at the stars with your special someone.
    33869772_1010186585798303_4812775828880359424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmvgsCj61GxFkfi58CSMuTUh9HVMmCf1mDY_zT14GF00qeiv6xoUsnc_J3ZP3vD2tfXDqIRPg0wNaAsNrisO8hJ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=38ff05f948f561b6770e94546f7ffae9&oe=5D8447C5

When a couple sleeps together, and they are cuddling in bed.

Babies not attached to the bassinet.

All the small minor animals you could find out in the open, catch them, and keep them as pets, with actual interactions.

Now this one is back in the original The Sims, and baby dragons, that were actual creatures. I did not care for the TS3 dragons. Those little guys would actually interact with a sim and the cats and dogs.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    In TS2, facial hair had two sections that you could layer to get different looks (light/medium/dark stubble in one section, with beards & mustaches in the other). Also some of the facial hair in TS2 looked better. (I will refrain from commenting on the ts3 facial hair)

So far (just started playing TS4 nearly 2 months ago - almost 320 hours played), it is the one thing I really really miss.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    World adventures pack and free babies
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Likes/dislikes
    Turn-ons/turn-offs
    More personality in sims.
    Bands
    Various stairs and elevators
    Mrs. CrumpleBottom, and a whole bunch of other npcs like burglar, firefighter, police, social worker etc
    Diving boards
    More places to Woohoo
    Bed cuddling and all those other little things that did a lot!
    Fears
    More consequences and less nice things.
    Nicer beards
    Choose colour combinations on furniture and clothes.

The list can go on. :(
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    -#1!!!! Create a style! B)
    - open world <3
    - university o:)
    - active diving :p
    - houseboats ;)
    -Likes, dislikes
    - Childhood games, like Hopscotch & Tag
    -Body Hair
    -Pool table!!!! should be #2 on my list actually :(
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited June 2019
    The main things for me are 1) a color wheel with patterns. I miss being able to semi-customize furniture. 2) real babies and 3) cars, 4) turnin/turn offs. Children being able to play games without objects would be great again too, and I would love to see volley ball make a return.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm sure I could list a few features, but one that should be simple enough to add, is the Relations panel.

I want relations to stick, even if I play other houses for a while. When I return to a house, there might be random romantic relations who my sim never met through gameplay, and some sms my sim actually wanted to stay friend with are totally gone. It all seems too much of a random thing, it's very difficult to plan or build anything over time, regarding relations.

Also - I never understood why EA refuses to sort relations by strength. I want to focus on those with a significant relation, and I hate to see them spread all over.

EDIT: I'd also like the game to keep track on a sim's previous career incl education. The info could be very limited, say school name and grade, career/job level, and eventually who you worked for and how well you did. AND - when my sim retires, I want the career panel to show that s/he is retired, not unemployed...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Blenders.

Doorbells.

Firefighters (seriously, first time I played this and set my kitchen on fire, I wasn't aware that they were left out, so I kept my sim outside while everything inside turned to ashes, waiting for firefighters to turn up, which naturally didn't happen. I even thought it was a bug at the time. xD ).

Pizza delivery that actually works.

Drumkits and the ability to form a band with other sims. That was pretty fun. :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I also miss the ability to customize colours and patterns on clothes.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    - Weed growing in the background, triming hedges and watering flowers.
    - Private schools
    - Special Event Camera
    - Portable babies
    - Social bunny/ repo man
    - Firefighters
    - Newspapers
    - More accurate personality like TS2
    - Memory System
    - Food deliveries
    - Dramatic events such as sim catching their spouse having an affair
    - Storytelling feature
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    burglars, memories, and cars.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    -Firefighter and police NPCs
    - Story progression
    - Cars
    - Cemeteries
    - Miss Crumplebottom
    - The School Bus
    - Chemistry / turn ons & turn offs system
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Body hair, houseboats, nectar making and baby dragons.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Meaningful traits and personalities
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Fear.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Likes/dislikes
    Turn-ons/turn-offs
    More personality in sims.
    Bands
    Various stairs and elevators
    Mrs. CrumpleBottom, and a whole bunch of other npcs like burglar, firefighter, police, social worker etc
    Diving boards
    More places to Woohoo
    Bed cuddling and all those other little things that did a lot!
    Fears
    More consequences and less nice things.
    Nicer beards
    Choose colour combinations on furniture and clothes.

The list can go on. :(

Agreed. Also, bring back shower woohoo!! It was the hallmark of relationship/work efficiency :joy:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    - Sims 2 memory system.
    - Meaningful traits and personalities.
    - Consequences for certain events such as breaking curfew, fighting, arguing and I'm sure there's other things that to go unnoticed by sims.
    - Real snow like it was in the Sims 2. Surely the ground should have more than a light covering specially in a blizzard?
    - Better education system. More schools, private schools and university. Possibly a teaching career as well.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oh boy, yes.

- Fear
    - Meaningful personalities and individuality
    - Chemistry between Sims
    - Memories
    - Personal Preferences (what a Sim looks for in a partner)
    - University (Sims 2 style)
    - More NPCs to make the world feel more alive
    - Consequences to "bad" actions
    - Appropriate negative reactions
    - More playable Supernaturals
    #Team Occult
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I miss:
    Being able to select a baby and see their needs.

Nectar making.

The ambitions sculpting station.

Sims reading books completely and not getting distracted or whatever.

Small teddy bears.

Some of the harvestable plants (like the hot pepper, even if I think ghost peppers were a weird choice.)

Being able to type in the amount of a thing you wanted to buy/sell instead of hitting the plus button 99 times. I hate buying upgrade parts.

The martial arts board breaker.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    The only thing I really miss is the ability to create my own worlds/towns/neighborhoods.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    More than anything, I miss the attraction system. I miss the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match-maker, too. I do miss being able to rename neighborhoods, but that's a minor thing, really. I miss private schools, I miss cars, and I miss the "fears and wishes". They were so much more authentic than the "whims" are sims get now. And the photo-booths. Sure we can take selfies now, but there was something very romantic about that photo-booth.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I miss many of the social interactions that were in TS2 like slow dancing, Kicky Ball, Punch U Punch Me, Red Hands, and Noogie. Kids were able to play Tag, Cops and Robbers, and Mary Mack. Sims could also introduce one Sim to another which was a nice touch.

I miss some of the TS2 radio music, especially the music that came with the University expansion. I also miss not having drum kits and billiard tables in Sims 4.

There are so many things that were in TS1 that I would have liked to see in TS4 - the dance cage, the bear rug, and the cake dancers to name a few. The restaurants in Sims 1 were pretty neat too