Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You Guys.......Sims can already go into the water after the update!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    That's fantastic news!

Wading in shallow water is as much contributing to the summer vacation experience as actual swimming (For me, at least).

So true! I've never been a big water sports fan but I always loved to wade in the water near the shore.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Can't do it in Salvadorada. I checked. lol, maybe it's because there are alligators in the water. :D

Lol. Alligators. 😅
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hold on... can vampires wade in the water at all???

EDIT: Just tested with a human sim. He can't get into the water either. I guess it might just be the rain stopping sims from wading... I hope someone can mod away those restrictions if that's the case. I haven't been able to make anyone wade in the water yet.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Lavasm77Lavasm77 Posts: 33 Member
    This is fun! I like how they changed the walk animation when they move through the water. :)

06-19-19-4-55-29-AM.png
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    edited June 2019
    That's so exciting!
    Toddlers can do it too but not in a lot of spots.
    47SRyCT.png
    You can do it in Granite Falls too! My sim was probably wondering why I forced her to go in the water in the middle of a storm. :D
    ydYYvrO.png
    G0unFsY.png
    Post edited by loutredor on
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I've noticed they're not getting into their swimwear, is anyone having issues with Sims getting into their swimwear when in pools now? I just sent soon to go swimming in her backyard swimming pool and she went in her pajamas ...

Most likely a mod confliction if you have it active. For me it was MCC so I took it out for now.

@LadyKyn @SimAlexandria yes, MCCC had a problem with sims changing outfits to sleep, etc. A hotfix has since been released.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I got a feeling that they are working on bringing it to all worlds, but they didn't have enough time to finish it for the pre-ep patch.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I got a feeling that they are working on bringing it to all worlds, but they didn't have enough time to finish it for the pre-ep patch.

Yeah, this. I wonder if they’re just testing it out a bit.

Or maybe they were starting to test it out a little and then forgot to disable it in time for the patch, lol?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd be surprised if this were a bug, because it has its own specific pie menu text (Wade Here) and distinct wading animation

The poster who pointed out that this could be a way to let sims set lobster traps in the water outside of Sulani has a good point. But still, they were able to update the routing in the previous worlds to allow this, so I think it's a good sign for those who want ocean swimming outside Sulani
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I've seen speculation it might be related to the trap fishing coming with IL (and which should work on all fishing spots for those who had bought IL). Either way, it's a sign that gives us hope for opening the waters in other worlds, at least in some places.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if this were a bug, because it has its own specific pie menu text (Wade Here) and distinct wading animation

The poster who pointed out that this could be a way to let sims set lobster traps in the water outside of Sulani has a good point. But still, they were able to update the routing in the previous worlds to allow this, so I think it's a good sign for those who want ocean swimming outside Sulani

Oh, I hope it’s the start of something here! :smile: *crosses fingers*

I tweeted a few Gurus about this thread, just to see if they say anything...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BeliBeli Posts: 31 Member
    So they will be able to swim in every world in the future, right?
    "To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour."

""He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." So it is written."
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wonder what will happen with the game installed? They kept quite about the wading option in some worlds and didn't mention it having anything to do with fishing. Maybe they are testing out how well it works or maybe it meant to a surprise and that is why they kept quiet? Swimming in the ocean is meant to be part of Island Living, so even all oceans are open, I am guessing you still need it installed to do so fully.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Beli wrote: »
    So they will be able to swim in every world in the future, right?

They plan to try to do so but give no guarantee.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've just passed Winterfest in my current game in Windenberg. Is there anywhere you can enter the water there in winter? I've just had him visit Magnolia Parade and it is snowy there with the skating rink and food stall on a couple of locations.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If they updated worlds for this than they caaan definitely add swimming in the ocean too!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BeliBeli Posts: 31 Member
    > @TomasGrizzly said:
    > Beli wrote: »
    >
    > So they will be able to swim in every world in the future, right?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They plan to try to do so but give no guarantee.

That would be awesome
    "To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour."

""He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." So it is written."
  • Options
    TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    Just buy a pool.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Well, I guess it's time to go wading.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I wonder if someone can mod this to have Sims swim for the time being while Gurus figure things out. I definitely think this a step in the right direction.

@TotallyABrobot Not every Sim can afford a pool....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    Not with that attitude, @AquaGamer1212 .
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Not with that attitude, @AquaGamer1212 .

Pools are boring anyway....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    paleplantpaleplant Posts: 17 Member
    This is good to know! For some reason I thought that was something we would only be able to do in the Island Living pack.
    EA ID: Angelictrait
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    This is awesome!!! I'm surprised they didn't tell us, but kind of glad they left it a surprise!!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    NsRm7yI.png
    3mTxbE2.png
    ppHp3cB.png
    Pretty cute, even he's excited about it ha, his sister..she could take it or leave it :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png