Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    No it’s to late
    Definitely too late, it'd take more time to work on than other, more lucrative things.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    Let me preface this by saying: I like this game a lot for the most part.

However, recently I was watching Plumbella's "The Entire Life & Death of Bella Goth"-video (below) and it took me back to the beautiful TS2-days. I really miss memories! I also miss sims having these very specific backstories and getting special answers to some dialogue options. It's a thing TS3 still handles quite well (even though I find those sims personalities also lacking, but in other ways that aren't relevant here). I love how I get real responses when asking a ghost about being dead or how they died. Or that I'm being told about Pip Goodfellow being suspicious etc. It's not at the same level of the "What happened to Bella???"-mystery, but it's still a bit more present overall than it is now.

So yes, those types of dialogue details, memories, traits that deeply affect sim personalities, are (at least to me) still lacking in TS4. It doesn't mean that I cannot enjoy the game, but whenever I play one of these older games, I do find it unfortunate that they've kind of taken many of these things out. Maybe that's why I liked Strangerville so much? Because it gave us a world with real atmosphere, fun backstory, specific responses to certain dialogue options, etc. It's a huge step in the right direction for me. And this type of sim and world building should continue, albeit perhaps in a less linear setting for those who don't enjoy that.

All in all, if they could bring the above-mentioned stuff back, I'd be super down for that. I hope they are still considering it, just like I hope they're still trying to find ways of toning down the "emotions" (which, frankly, I don't even hate, but they don't mesh sufficiently well with the sim personalities most many of us want most of the time). In the meantime, I will continue playing and enjoying TS4, and I also think there are areas where it really shines and there are enough of them to keep me happy and engaged. Nonetheless, I hope they're aware of how many in the community feel about this stuff, and that perhaps they have a way of changing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hyLaQsNqMM
  • JessKatJessKat Posts: 45 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Hm. Yes, I hope it will be but there are a lot of issues that make me want to SPIT.

I swear, I just about pull my hair out in frustration when I play TS because of the issues.
    >:)
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d07e6fb664a753741936494&rid=giphy.gif
    My Origin: CatsAndUnicorns

That average simmer.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    Anything is possible. People said the same thing about pools, weather, toddlers, terrain tools, supernaturals etc... "It'll never happen, all hope is lost... blah blah." Well, not only did it happen, but when they were implemented these improvements were incredibly well done.

So yes, I think improvements to emotions (like fear) are a real possibility, and I look forward to them.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    No it’s to late
    Anything is possible. People said the same thing about pools, weather, toddlers, terrain tools, supernaturals etc... "It'll never happen, all hope is lost... blah blah." Well, not only did it happen, but when they were implemented these improvements were incredibly well done.

Especially well done and released when complaints about TS4 were building to a point which threatened sales.
    So yes, I think improvements to emotions (like fear) are a real possibility, and I look forward to them.

Only if sales start plummeting.
    raw
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I really wish that the relationships would be fixed, if that makes sense? It feels kinda lacking in that area, my sims can fist fight and then right after tell jokes which is a bit odd to me. After you introduce yourself you tend to almost get all social options right away, it would be cool to unlock some social options as you progress into the relationship tbh but thats just my opinion :)
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    xxJaixx wrote: »
    I really wish that the relationships would be fixed, if that makes sense? It feels kinda lacking in that area, my sims can fist fight and then right after tell jokes which is a bit odd to me. After you introduce yourself you tend to almost get all social options right away, it would be cool to unlock some social options as you progress into the relationship tbh but thats just my opinion :)

Yes this is exactly what i’m talking about it’s so annoying when to just go back to being friendly right after they had a huge fight completely takes the immersion away
    I don’t know i hope so
    Yes! My other pet peeve is that weird idle smile sims have XD like all the time.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited June 2019
    No it’s to late

Well first of all the only real thing they improved on from your list is toddlers. Pools are nothing special even though they were a late arrival to the game. Weather is limited based on what world you’re playing in. Terrain tools aren’t even fully completed yet, no pond tool, and supernaturals - well there’s a whopping two kinds in this game so I don’t really see where you’re going with that part.

Something like expanding emotions is not going to happen outside of a DLC pack. Why? Because they have tons of DLC content that interacts with emotions and I highly doubt they will go make everything compatible with a brand new emotion (and if they didn’t, then what exactly would be the point?). Feel free to feel differently, but this team has a track record of doing the absolute minimum and throwing a bone at players when they can’t market this game to a profit.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    No it’s to late

The difference is, that toddlers and weather and terrain tools and supernaturals (correct me if I’m wrong but only the vampires are done ‘incredibly well’; the plantsims for instance are a joke but hey, they’re for free so don’t complain, not even when you loved plantsims and were looking forward to a great Sims 4 version for them) were all planned. We just didn’t know because they like to say no no no and then at one point go yes yes yes and the crowd goes YAAAAAAAAY, SQUEEEEEEE! The things we’re hoping for in this topic though (bug fixes, better personalities, certain basic features working better) weren’t planned, they need to be fixed. And that right there, is the difference. A decisive difference.

ETA: plus what @drake_mccarty says
    5JZ57S6.png
    I don’t know i hope so
    Not gonna lie i forgot plant sims were a thing....XD
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Its been almost 5 years and they have not done a thing with personalities the community overall is pretty silent on this issue always asking for more stuff while silent on the biggest issue which is the Sims themselves. It does not matter the traits you pick they all act the same no unique animations to show different behaviors or reactions so each Sim stands out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No it’s to late
    The more I find out what is missing or simplified in the new EP, the more convinced I am that it's too late. Not only are there no hotel building and management features, and no initial transformation animations from sim to mermaid, but now I just found out that diving is a rabbit hole. What the actual hell?? I thought that they would at least have ONE lot where sims can scuba dive. I get it that simmers wouldn't be able to create their own like they can in TS3, but EAxis could have at LEAST just made ONE for TS4 simmers. If they wanted to be lazy, they could have just copied the animations from TS3. This is complete 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

You know what this means? That the uni and magic packs are going to be disappointing as well. What good stuff are they going to take out of those too and try to make it look like it's fine with the majority to try to fool the rest into buying their new but still crappy packs?

• PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    No it’s to late
    The more I find out what is missing or simplified in the new EP, the more convinced I am that it's too late. Not only are there no hotel building and management features, and no initial transformation animations from sim to mermaid, but now I just found out that diving is a rabbit hole. What the actual hell?? I thought that they would at least have ONE lot where sims can scuba dive. I get it that simmers wouldn't be able to create their own like they can in TS3, but EAxis could have at LEAST just made ONE for TS4 simmers. If they wanted to be lazy, they could have just copied the animations from TS3. This is complete plum!

You know what this means? That the uni and magic packs are going to be disappointing as well. What good stuff are they going to take out of those too and try to make it look like it's fine with the majority to try to fool the rest into buying their new but still plum packs?

P r e a c h .
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No it’s to late
    The more I find out what is missing or simplified in the new EP, the more convinced I am that it's too late. Not only are there no hotel building and management features, and no initial transformation animations from sim to mermaid, but now I just found out that diving is a rabbit hole. What the actual hell?? I thought that they would at least have ONE lot where sims can scuba dive. I get it that simmers wouldn't be able to create their own like they can in TS3, but EAxis could have at LEAST just made ONE for TS4 simmers. If they wanted to be lazy, they could have just copied the animations from TS3. This is complete plum!

You know what this means? That the uni and magic packs are going to be disappointing as well. What good stuff are they going to take out of those too and try to make it look like it's fine with the majority to try to fool the rest into buying their new but still plum packs?

I bet dorm doors are going to be a real prolem for them. In case anyone doesn't remember we couldn't lock doors in the base game of TS4. lol
    We had to complain loudly to get locking doors. I can imagine dorm rooms will be rabbit holes since door locks seem to be too hard and too expensive.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I bet dorm doors are going to be a real prolem for them. In case anyone doesn't remember we couldn't lock doors in the base game of TS4. lol
    We had to complain loudly to get locking doors. I can imagine dorm rooms will be rabbit holes since door locks seem to be too hard and too expensive.

If dorm rooms will be rabbit holes i’m officially done with ts4 that would just be absurd😂
    I don’t know i hope so
    Hey hey atleast then -they would prove to be consistent ....with the lacking ability to interact. xD no but i hopped in the sims today and im just ehhhhh-i can not play for weeks wanna play, and then only play for an hour or so. I quit after my sim went into labor in which her partner started freaking out-stopping to idle smile-and freak out again. Forget packs- please fix these creepy things lmao. It just feels kinda...empty? To me at this point? Which makes meh a bit sad but im hoping for some changes in the future.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    No it’s to late
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Its been almost 5 years and they have not done a thing with personalities the community overall is pretty silent on this issue always asking for more stuff while silent on the biggest issue which is the Sims themselves. It does not matter the traits you pick they all act the same no unique animations to show different behaviors or reactions so each Sim stands out.

No, we have to use our imagination. For players who prefer to imagine their sims personalities this system works great but for those of us who prefer to create their personalities in the game instead of imagining it in our minds Sims 4 isn't that great.

Then some don't understand what those of us who say our sims lack personality mean because to them personality = expressive, reactive, and emotional instead of 'this is your trait, act like that' which means not every trait is going to make a sim very expressive, react to every little thing, or over emotional. I prefer that their personalities determine the expression, reaction or emotion depending on the situation.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    No it’s to late
    The reality is, I shouldn't need to hope for advertised features that aren't actually in the game.

As I pointed out in another thread, there no reason why TS2 has better sim personalities than TS4, almost 5 years after its release. TS2 released 15 years ago.

If you look at the 2014 trailers, they pushed personalities + emotions / behaviour = smarter sims. They made these features sound game changing. Instead, what do we get? Sims with as a much personality as a piece of wet cardboard, and emotions dictated by cheap furniture.

Smarter Sims.

Right...
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

No, we have to use our imagination. For players who prefer to imagine their sims personalities this system works great but for those of us who prefer to create their personalities in the game instead of imagining it in our minds Sims 4 isn't that great.

Then some don't understand what those of us who say our sims lack personality mean because to them personality = expressive, reactive, and emotional instead of 'this is your trait, act like that' which means not every trait is going to make a sim very expressive, react to every little thing, or over emotional. I prefer that their personalities determine the expression, reaction or emotion depending on the situation.

If certain animations are tide to certain trait... a mod that could combine all those animations as one so we could get a sim to go throught it all instead of a pick of 4 traits with only a few unique animations. Also events , we should be given the option to combine 2 or 3 togheter I would happily have a functional restaurant and spa on the same lot with all the npc necessary for each and every event. I beleive that could help to make the game better...
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    No it’s to late
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It's been four years and they've barely made any adjustments to aspirations, whims, and emotions. They did have ONE update where they tried changing some things around, but it was so minimal and ineffective. The Sims 4 is just a weird mix of too much sandbox and not enough game. They give you little to no goals to work towards, poor rewards, and no challenge or risk along the way. You're basically left to just create a game in your mind.

I'm honestly so much more excited for the game in @Noree_Doree 's signature than I have been for The Sims in a long time. I don't know if it's an EA thing, a Sims Studio thing, or what, but it's so nice to have that development team not only listen to fans very well, but act on feedback, too. I just love how they are able to really innovate and bring their franchises to new heights without losing what makes each one so special. Whereas, here, you give your feedback and it feels almost as if the devs double-down on their stances.

Me too. I cannot wait for the new animal crossing to come out! And then there's the fact that Nintendo announced they were going to hold off on release because they want to make sure the game is the best it can be. So much respect! 🙌
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Though I said I hope so, I don't actually believe it will happen, because I think it, like many other things, its too late for them!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    As long as it is being made and people are buying it irregardless of what the few say here - that determines it will continue to being made - as EA said - " as long as it is feasible to do so " - and they said that way back in 2014. Keep that in mind. So people make it feasible to do so.... and many of us are obviously happy it is still feasible and hope is far from being gone.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    No it’s to late
    No, I do not have faith in this game or franchise anymore. EA can crash and burn for all I care. Would be better for the whole video gaming community anyways.

I put my faith in modders now.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No it’s to late
    PFFFT they are never going to go back and fix the core of the game. Time is money friend and EA is all about the money.