Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Place Door...Help

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/289/877/014/00/screenshot_original.jpg

I am having trouble putting a door into the larger wall seen in the picture, plus one other identically designed location. As you can see the walls and floors are complete so I am confused as to why this is happening, never had it happen before.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

A "thank-you" in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited April 2013
    What does it say? Probably no level terrain since it's not on a foundation and, of course leveling can't be done where the wall is. If you build sans foundation it's a good idea to flatten the lot first, then build, and sculpt the terrain after the major building is done.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Gober7Gober7 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2013
    It says "Can't do this" when I attempt to put the door there.
    And it is on the second level, so I don't see how it could be a terrain issue.
    I had no problems constructing the first level...
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2013
    hey Gober7

see if removing the roof helps.
  • Options
    Photochick2012Photochick2012 Posts: 4 New Member
    When trying to put in doors in my house it keeps saying “script call failed” and it won’t let me place them. Why is this?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You can sometimes put in doors by typing the cheat MoveObjects on
    It works to place doors where the game mechanics don't let you normally do it.
    BUT... I have no idea about the failed script.
  • Options
    Actually after the update the game won’t let me edit anything and it took all my doors out of every house.
  • Options
    I’ve used every cheat I can to see if it’ll help. Nothing. I even repaired the game and it still doesn’t work. I even tried restarting my computer and I turned off my mods. It still won’t let me edit anything.
  • Options
    mluvsyamluvsya Posts: 1 New Member
    the same thing is happening to me
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Photochick2012 @mluvsya - Are you playing TS3 or TS4? This is a thread from six years ago on the TS3 section of the forum and there is no update for us; the "script call failed" error is a TS4 issue. Perhaps a post on the TS4 section of the forum or on Answers HQ's TS4 board would generate a reply from someone who knows how to fix that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JennaDeee123JennaDeee123 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am having the same problem!! On some lots I can place arches but on some the walls aren't tall enough so I just have to demolish the wall lol
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    As Igazor said this is quite an old thread so I'm going to close it off, if you're having an issue with something which you think might be a bug you can go ahead and post it on The Sims 4 AHQ. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top