Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed about lounge chairs

GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi all! I was so excited about the lounge chair that just came with the free update, but...
I started my game to test it immediately and I was really hoping we could do some things on them while relaxing.
First, I tried let my sim to read a book while laying on it, but this was not possible (you can read a book on it but your sim will be just sitting, not laying).
I was a bit disappointed , but then I thought okay but it will be problably possible to let two sims chill next to each other and let them talk, but they also can not interact with each other while laying!

Maybe I did something wrong, I really don't know... Let me know if you were able to do these things.
But if it's just how it supposed to be then I'm a little bit disappointed with this...

What do you think?
👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You can drink a drink with them for sure while lounging I’ve seen pictures. Talking doesn’t surprise me but was disappointed about reading when I tested myself. You can sit and read just can’t lounge I guess it’s something just wish it was more.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Probably they are keeping that back for Island Living but might be useful to put it in Feedback just in case they meant to but left it out.
    It’s by design simgurunick asked when someone tweeted him about it. They can drink drinks while relaxing but cannot read or talk to others. I wish they could but hopefully it will be added. At least they are in the game now.
    NikNak wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    It’s by design simgurunick asked when someone tweeted him about it. They can drink drinks while relaxing but cannot read or talk to others. I wish they could but hopefully it will be added. At least they are in the game now.

A lot of things are "by design". Doesn't make it good design. I would hate for them to start making these choices again when they've been on such a roll with the recent packs and patches.

Just relaying info I saw not saying I agree. I’m disappointed too.
    I will add (as I always try to see the positive in all things) they are portable. You can put them in your inventory and take them anywhere you please. So as annoying as it is we can’t do much while laying down there is one cool perk.

I feel like I’ll use the bar more now just for the purpose of multitasking while lounging 😂.

P.S. I’m not downgrading the disappointment just looking for the good as well. That’s just me as a person.
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Only tangentally related, but I wish they added the ability to "lounge" on beds with this.

Well, and couches/benches, 'cause ya'know... lounging!

Yeah, and the bed animations are already in the game. So It just baffles me!
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    NikNak wrote: »

A lot of things are "by design". Doesn't make it good design. I would hate for them to start making these choices again when they've been on such a roll with the recent packs and patches.

They make the strangest design choices to me :s<3:s Like whyyyyy?
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I will add (as I always try to see the positive in all things) they are portable. You can put them in your inventory and take them anywhere you please. So as annoying as it is we can’t do much while laying down there is one cool perk.

I feel like I’ll use the bar more now just for the purpose of multitasking while lounging 😂.

P.S. I’m not downgrading the disappointment just looking for the good as well. That’s just me as a person.

:| And thats fine. But I also don't want to downplay just how limited the "features" they add are.

Thanks for the heads up OP, now I know not to even bother adding them or checking them out <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

:| And thats fine. But I also don't want to downplay just how limited the "features" they add are.

Thanks for the heads up OP, now I know not to even bother adding them or checking them out <3

I wasn’t downplaying anything 😕. I was just trying to be a little positive about a plum situation. I don’t see what’s wrong with that. It is more limited than I wanted for sure, but I thought it was neat that they were portable and didn’t know if everyone knew that so I thought I’d mention it. Also made a joke about how drinking a drink is the only thing we can do while lounging because I’m aware how absurd that is.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm not bothered by the fact that they can't speak to each other but I do wish sims could read while lounging.

They work just like the ones in TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    The animation when they are relaxing is like a 3-second loop.

https://youtu.be/gXVVMltmsg4
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm confused. I thought that the reason that it took five years to get lounge chairs was that the devs needed time to figure out these interactions? So, they just didn't bother?

ATRNb4O.jpg

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    What the PLUM!?! They cannot talk to each other? Why do they have to implement everything so badly??

Hey guys we gave you lounge chairs!! Us: YES!! finallly!!! woohoo. By the way you, cant talk to other sims or read and lay down....LOL

What is the deal with sims talking anyway?? They couldn't talk and bowl, they can't talk and fish, now talk and lounge.

@keekee53

I don't know why exactly. But EA is really doing the absolute least with the Sims 4. I mean, seriously. I thought this game was supposed to be a multitask'ers heaven.

They set the bar so......sooooooo....lowwwww. Its crazy because I like this game, I really , really do. Personally. But they sure do make it hard to become excited for , when all they do is cut corners and compromise every little thing.

Just laying there on a lounge without talking at all to anyone is immersion ruining. Complete nonsense.

Yes seriously to everything you said. I literally feel like my sims going through so many emotions from the leak, to the announcement, to the game changers stuff, to the actual finish product. Excited, overjoyed, feeling less happy but everything else is ok right?? (diving, no hotels, lifeguard rabbit hole) and then flat out disappointment with the lounge chairs. It not like the lounge chairs alone is frustrating, it is like it was yet another let down. I don't know maybe if they started talking the sims might have start swapping chairs over and over.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2019
    I feel it might have something to do with the multi-tasking is why it was by design to limit majority of interactions, since sims do so much with multi-tasking. Since sims can sit and talk, but not lounge and talk. (Doesn't make things less disappointing. Though I don't recall previous lounge chairs in previous iterations having sims talk next to one another, but still.)

I would like to see the sims be able to read and even be on their phone at least, since the only thing they're able to do is drink for the most part. Also, the sims look like they have the bored moodlet whenever I look at their face or maybe they're contemplating life just silently lounging. :#

Very glad for lounge chairs and keeping them on my community pool lots, but would like some more simple interactions with it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Also a little disappointing that they nap in the chair while sitting up. Even toddlers in the high chair will slouch their head down etc but sims napping in lounge chairs is basically just relaxing except if you look really closely you will see their eyes are closed.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm confused. I thought that the reason that it took five years to get lounge chairs was that the devs needed time to figure out these interactions? So, they just didn't bother?

preposterous right? I don't know how long its gonna take them to figure what new animation can be added to the lounge chair beside lounging, wait and wait and more waiting endup we still got limited gameplay / interaction, I don't own all the packs which they are on sales now but I don't bother to buy them anymore since they don't bother either.

The Sims Game
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes I was disappointed by this too... not a whole lot because lounging isn't really that important of a gameplay feature to me, I was more disappointed with the fact that we can use allow salounge animation on beds and couches. I was hoping they would add it. I feel like maybe they forgot about lounge chairs and then so how many people wanted them in Island living so through them in last minute or something. And if that's the case, I hope we get another patch that fixes them in the future
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top