Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch notes up

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Actually pretty happy with this patch. I was surprised they had fixed so many of the things a lot of people have been having problems with. Really excited to see they finally fixed those darn highchairs. Have been waiting for that for ages. I too would like more elaboration on the flirting options based on gender preference thing as well. Might have to load up the game and take a look at everything later. :)
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    lol they stole my front door, i was whats going on here. then i noticed there's no front door lol.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    The Yum cooker is functional Off the grid so is the Patrician sink. Several sinks, toilets, showers are depending on any extra packs you have.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    now we just need to figure out if aliens being unable to link their forms is intentional or not, since all the gamechangers who talked about it said all three occults would be able to and i see it available on vampires but not aliens... just need word from a guru on that

overall, i do love the patch. so much good stuff to it. just the non-linking for aliens and the aliens automatically disguised in household management bother me
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Very good patch. Best in awhile. Thanks for all the fixes, and the new objects and features are wonderful.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Sadly the vampire perk reset bug wasn't fixed :(
    You're Breathtaking!
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Was the $1 bills glitch fixed?? o-o
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Fishing is now join able :smiley:
    We added several new interactions to allow players to fish in different ways and interact with other Sims around fishing activities.
    Adult Sims will now be able to successfully put Toddlers to bed. I wonder what their secret is. I may need to tap them for tips.
    Toddlers will no longer be put down from the high chair before they’ve finished eating. Patience mama, they’re still learning. :smiley:

Great Patch :smile:
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

They did fix a host of other issues, and gave us a fantastic quality of life update where we can update normal and dark form wardrobes simultaneously.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The new make up order was a bit confusing, I'm not entirely sure why it's a thing ?
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

They did fix a host of other issues, and gave us a fantastic quality of life update where we can update normal and dark form wardrobes simultaneously.

Yeah, but this one in particular is one that is crippling one of my favourite sims lol.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm so pleased to see they're taking measures to fix the obnoxious celebrity reactions. Maybe now I can play without needing a mod to fix it.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Wow if this works as planned maybe I'll start using high chairs finally haha 😂
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Wow if this works as planned maybe I'll start using high chairs finally haha 😂

Same. This fix is actually game changing if you ask me 😅
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Since when do sims have gender preferences!?
    I'm so confused. My sims have always been straight, no sim has ever shown any interest in the opposite gender on their own.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I'm so confused. My sims have always been straight, no sim has ever shown any interest in the opposite gender on their own.

Sims get preferences based on how you play. It's a hidden feature that has been implemented since TS2.

If you make your sim flirt with male sims they develop a preference for that gender. And vice versa.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

If they are straight don't you mean they don't show interest in the same gender? But apparently this is been a thing since the beginning of Sims. If you constantly have them flirt with the same gender instead of the opposite gender then they will start to do that on their own. If you usually play with straight Sims then they will flirt with the opposite gender on their own. It depends on the user's gameplay
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member

Did you actually try it? SimGuru Nick said that there were iver 100 bug fixes & they only listed some of the bigger ones in the notes.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Awww I got all excited when they said ceiling fans would now cool your sims, I thought they might have also added warmth to the radiators :(

If they are straight don't you mean they don't show interest in the same gender? But apparently this is been a thing since the beginning of Sims. If you constantly have them flirt with the same gender instead of the opposite gender then they will start to do that on their own. If you usually play with straight Sims then they will flirt with the opposite gender on their own. It depends on the user's gameplay

My sims have been single too and again, not once have they shown any interest. This is bizarre.

My sims have been single too and again, not once have they shown any interest. This is bizarre.

You mean that no matter which gender you have them flirt with, it doesn't seem to affect their preference one way or the other?

You mean that no matter which gender you have them flirt with, it doesn't seem to affect their preference one way or the other?

no, never. How is it supposed to even look like?

Maybe you need to have them pursue the same/opposite gender for longer in order to see an effect; it might still be too close to 50% at this point.

Maybe you need to have them pursue the same/opposite gender for longer in order to see an effect; it might still be too close to 50% at this point.

how does the preference show?