Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Today's Patch Updates & Issues!

I deleted all my script mods but I've found my doors have disappeared and I can't buy new ones! It says script failed. I've heard other people have had this issue as well and I wanted to add my comment so the creators will see and fix this, hopefully.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I deleted all my script mods but I've found my doors have disappeared and I can't buy new ones! It says script failed. I've heard other people have had this issue as well and I wanted to add my comment so the creators will see and fix this, hopefully.

Re. those doors, the problem is a result of some NSFW mods. Delete those *and* delete the localthumbcache file.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but my game spins out of control if I try to mouse click and move the camera! I've tried removing my cc mods and it didn't help. I've checked to see if it was a certain saved game..., it wasn't. I've checked to see if the problem occurred only in build mode..., it happens in live mode as well. Anyone have an answer or an idea to try?
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    My camera has been acting weird in Build mode too for a while. I don't know about live mode since I haven't played since last night.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member

Re. those doors, the problem is a result of some NSFW mods. Delete those *and* delete the localthumbcache file.

hmm forgot about the stuff in file ill go delete them, thanks...
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    nope didnt work
    @bluelighting I'd suggest heading to Deaderpool's Discord server for support on this.
  • LadydeathLadydeath Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi so after todays updated I can no longer play my game. When I started it up it goes all the way to the main menu. I can play in cas but when I clicked on my Sims house to go play it just loads and loads. It never let me in the game. So I uninstalled all my cc and mods and it's still broken now its saying theirs an error. I unistalled the game 3 times and I even repaired it and it's still saying error. Like plz help! 😭
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Ladydeath
    Ladydeath wrote: »
    Hi so after todays updated I can no longer play my game. When I started it up it goes all the way to the main menu. I can play in cas but when I clicked on my Sims house to go play it just loads and loads. It never let me in the game. So I uninstalled all my cc and mods and it's still broken now its saying theirs an error. I unistalled the game 3 times and I even repaired it and it's still saying error. Like plz help! 😭

My best advice is to go the the “help” section, and post your questions there.

They are most likely to be able to answer, when I certainly can’t

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    After today's update, my sim's action said that she was going to the bookshelf, but instead she went outside in her non-winter clothes in a blizzard and was stuck in a loop running around the house and yard very fast, lol.
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 2 New Member
    I noticed in the notes that it says you can have two part time jobs now - has anyone tried that? I had my sim as a fast food employee, part time, but I can't figure out how to give him a second part time job...it wants him to quit and start the new one. I'm wondering if it meant that you can do two shifts in that same job instead...as a couple of the jobs have shift options.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    There is a serious issue with Vampires not working. I tried them in both my old save and new save and gotten rid of broken mods and Vampires can't do dark meditation or emotions and some said there are some cas issues but hadn't played around with that. I am guessing it is due to that new occult link feature.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    There is a serious issue with Vampires not working. I tried them in both my old save and new save and gotten rid of broken mods and Vampires can't do dark meditation or emotions and some said there are some cas issues but hadn't played around with that. I am guessing it is due to that new occult link feature.

What's this new occult link thing?
    You're Breathtaking!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

Were you can link how you want your occult sims to look, like match their human or not and transfer everything over, etc...not the best at explaining it.
    jakiblue wrote: »
    I noticed in the notes that it says you can have two part time jobs now - has anyone tried that? I had my sim as a fast food employee, part time, but I can't figure out how to give him a second part time job...it wants him to quit and start the new one. I'm wondering if it meant that you can do two shifts in that same job instead...as a couple of the jobs have shift options.

When you choose that job, you'll see a drop-down option where "hours" are listed.

Were you can link how you want your occult sims to look, like match their human or not and transfer everything over, etc...not the best at explaining it.

Aha, cheers, I think I understand :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Hi @Zarriel :) where did you find your avatar's hair. It is stunning. <3
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Still trying to fix my Issues, still trying to determine if it's mods or Graphic Settings.

The Problem: I load up my game, and choose any household to start playing, and that's as far as I get it's an infinite loading screen.

It doesn't look like the patch touched my graphic settings, truthfully I don't remember what my settings looked like before the patch, Hadn't touched them in months.

I did the whole removal of mods, delete that package file, and slowly trickling them back into the mods folder.
    is there an easier way of finding broken mods?

I feel like I'm forgetting something else.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Still trying to fix my Issues, still trying to determine if it's mods or Graphic Settings.

The Problem: I load up my game, and choose any household to start playing, and that's as far as I get it's an infinite loading screen.

It doesn't look like the patch touched my graphic settings, truthfully I don't remember what my settings looked like before the patch, Hadn't touched them in months.

I did the whole removal of mods, delete that package file, and slowly trickling them back into the mods folder.
    is there an easier way of finding broken mods?

I feel like I'm forgetting something else.

Have you tried repairing your game? Mine crashed on startup after the patch, but it turns out it wasn't applied properly so it had to fix the game.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Have Maxis commented anywhere? Do they comment normally? The latest patch broke vampires pretty hard and I just wonder if one can expect a hotfix at all anytime soon?
    You're Breathtaking!
    Have Maxis commented anywhere? Do they comment normally? The latest patch broke vampires pretty hard and I just wonder if one can expect a hotfix at all anytime soon?

They don't comment on when hotfixes will come out normally. In the meantime, though, there's a bandaid solution in mod form: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/vampires-fixes/
    (Modders don't have to deal with underlying causes in the code, so they can often put something out faster. They can also set their priorities differently.)
  • AUtschigAUtschig Posts: 79 Member
    The only problem I have had so far is toddlers not finishing their food/getting interrupted by other actions. It is so annoying! They will start eating, then an action will pop up into their queue (such as cry, go to bed, etc.) and they will set their plate down and I have to tell them to eat again. This happens several times until they finally finish. I don't use high chairs since those have been glitchy since day one.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    I had an issue with a toddler not being able to use the potty. He would sit down on it but immediately stand up. I had to reset him before he would use it. Not sure if this is a bug or a one time glitch though.
  • LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    Anyone else having issues with no longer being able to lock doors? It doesn't even come up as an option. I don't use any CC or mods.

Was quite distressed for my Global Superstar and his family when a vampire knocked at the door and I couldn't lock the door. Fortunately the vampire remembered his manners and wandered off down the street when I didn't greet him.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    No idea if this was caused by the patch or any mod, but today is the first time I ever saw this:

ts4-20190619.jpg

Pointing at the robot toy object shows the description text for an apple tree! When I rotated a little, the apple tree came from the horse toy instead, and also from certain cc objects inside the house. There is no real apple tree near by, and I zoomed very close to make sure nothing else would interfere.

I noticed lately (also before the patch) that more and more objects do now show their title when pointed at. I had nothing of that before. It sort of ruins my gaming experience, so I'm not very fond of it, the only time I would see it useful would be if trying to spot a cc file.

No idea if that change is related to the apple tree description, or if this is common...??? I have only a few mods, and game runs fine so far, after the patch.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top