March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

User interface for the sims 2 / MOD IN PROGRESS

Comments

• chellaman4chellaman4 Posts: 2 New Member
    can someone share the link again, pls.
    I know greatcheesecakepersona is making a ui reskin but can i have this one to tide me over till it comes out.
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    edited June 2019
    chellaman4 wrote: »
    can someone share the link again, pls.
    I know greatcheesecakepersona is making a ui reskin but can i have this one to tide me over till it comes out.
    Post edited by Maglxisback on
    edited June 2019
    Well hello everyone !
    Suprise , suprise :) I have decided to make a come back and continue my work on this mod to provide new updates for this UI that I have created back in 2016 . I have somewhat a plan going on in my head for the future of this mod so stay tunned , I will be posting updates and very soon a new version will be available for download.
    edited June 2019
    Update
    Hello again everyone ! I have a very important news to share with you all . I just found about an add on named gimp batch files manipulation and I have to say it is the best thing ever to work on a UI make over , instead of changing file by file , I can apply a filter to thousand of files all at once. In other words, designing a brand new 100% complete UI for the sims 2 couldnt easier. As of now , I will be working on a 2.0 version of this mod unfortunately the actual design is subject to changes but a more polish bug free version will be publish eventually . It will be a mix of version 1.5 and a brand new design. Stay tunned for more info
    edited June 2019
    Update
    Well after multiple hit and miss , this is the filter I have found to look the best considering that the font will always stay blue its actually impossible to change them and considering that im alone and I dont want to spend the rest of my life designing piece by piece this 2004 game. So I have found and customise this beauty , its a filter I have created with gimp. I can apply it to multiple files all at once , like I was explaining in my latest post. What do you guys think? Do you like it? Im actually starting from scratch to get CAS & CAN, build & live mod perfectly done and playable this time. Has a base , as a structure and design in gray... it could be easily applied for me in all the area of the game and then slowly improve and custom certain piece to make it more unique. What do you guys think?
    7165xz.png
    2zs5o8x.png
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Does it have a name? Last time it was called Smarter UI.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
    edited June 2019
    Update
    2z6fm6q.png
    2r3i9n7.png
    73l6d0.png
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    Does it have a name? Last time it was called Smarter UI.
    It would be Isimplified, or might change eventually its too early to tell
    Let me ask one more thing. Will you be working on Clean UI, the one you post on your Tumblr?
    giphy.gif
    edited June 2019
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    Let me ask one more thing. Will you be working on Clean UI, the one you post on your Tumblr?
    Clean UI is made by another simmer
    edited June 2019
    Update
    I have fixed the portrait not appearing in the latest screenshot , while I was doing the conversion a few files got corrupted in the process.
    Next step would be to apply my filter to those black circle area , and turn those into gray ish white ish , buttons & column.
    2h713yb.png
    EDIT
    Its amazing how fast it is with that methode of modifiying the ui files :blush: all of the above problems were corrected except for the buttons and icons . Im not 100% what to do with them and im not completely done with the basic stuff.
    ru2yjk.png
    edited June 2019
    Update
    Well most of all menu from the user interface has been correctly designed and perfectly rendered, including cas , can, live and build mode. Here s two youtube videos showing all the amount of work , and the actual gameplay of this brand new UI, in motion ! The best part is it took me approximately 5 hours to do all that ! so im very excited for whats next when all the basic stuff will be completed. As of now it is built upon the original version in a white and gray palette and a vanilla version of this mod will be available for download later on before any drastic modifications and customisations occurs. stay tunned :)
    https://youtu.be/Oa0pyQV908o
    EDIT
    https://youtu.be/8cZMv6Ha7D0
    edited June 2019
    Does anyone here still has one of the earliest isimplified version anything below 1.4? I lost it somewhere in my computer and I cannot retrive it. Theres a files I need inside this mod :( anyone?
    edited June 2019
    Update
    Ok dont panic :D im just having a little biit of fun , trying different type of covers and colors , let me know what you think , is it just me or im getting very tired lol but this one seem to be very appealing to the eye ... i dont know ! What do you all think?
    9bch00.png
    293k484.png
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Does anyone here still has one of the earliest isimplified version anything below 1.4? I lost it somewhere in my computer and I cannot retrive it. Theres a files I need inside this mod :( anyone?

I've got one that has a date modified of 7/7/2016. I opened it in SimPE and the Version information stuff says:

Version 1.00
    Build Date: June 24, 2015.

Would that be new enough to have the file you need?
    I like the ones with the green more than the yellow. The green doesn't pull my focus like the yellow does. Yellow in sims games means there's someone/thing that needs my attention.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I've got one that has a date modified of 7/7/2016. I opened it in SimPE and the Version information stuff says:

Version 1.00
    Build Date: June 24, 2015.

Would that be new enough to have the file you need?
    :o Yes send me any version that you may have please
    I like the ones with the green more than the yellow. The green doesn't pull my focus like the yellow does. Yellow in sims games means there's someone/thing that needs my attention.
    Gotcha , yes I have to admit.
    OMG thank you so much ! If you find any other send them to me also please , thank you o:)
    edited June 2019
    Update
    With a sweet summer breeze flavor !
    https://youtu.be/a_XJkOsituQ
    Summer breeze flavor part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xtRHvjrx5Q
    Update
    A beta version of isimplified 2.0 shall be released soon or later :smile: I wish everyone that are interested gets involve in game to help me locate all UI parts that needs some extra attention , different area that needs some fixings or recoloring. Its is also very important to say when it will become official two version will be given. One compatible with base game only , and the other will be compatible with sims 2 ultimate it will possibly come along with 2 or 3 different flavors for now summer breeze will be the first ever 2.0 official release
    qsjfk1.png
    OMG thank you so much ! If you find any other send them to me also please , thank you o:)

That was the only one I found.
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 545 Member
    ru2yjk.png

I LOVE this version here. The simple white and transparency is great. Kudos to you for your dedication on this massive project. I would love to download it when it’s complete!

I’m actually a professional UI designer for a living and sometimes I kinda want to see what I can do with TS3 but I’ve looked into it and it’s so much work! I can only imagine TS2 is similar. Really nice work on what you have so far.
    I'm thinking of replacing UI sounds with TS4's UI sounds. They could fit to this white UI, and the Clean UI. What do you guys think?
    giphy.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi :)

I have one, I don't know which version.
    I like the white. I am having trouble with seeing some of the letters with the version I have installed. It's also very hard to see the info for the business this way, and is why I think white would work nicely. :)

This pictures a bit of it.
    gUWDgwU.jpg

*I don't remember the S4 UI sounds.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on