Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch Killed My Doors!

Β«1
I just got the latest patch. When I went to play my household, I found all the doors in my house sold off. When I try to replace the doors, it won't let me, saying "Script Call Fail". I wasted 2 hours waiting for the patch to download, only to have my Sims stuck in their house and my game, effectively, broken. I'm so infuriated right now!
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I briefly played in 3 different households and did not have any door issues. Even changed the color swatches and everything. If you don't have any mods to remove, try repairing your game. I do this after every patch.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    edited June 2019
    I tried repairing the game before I posted initially. No dice. However, I figured out that only scripted doors were affected. As an improvised temporary solution, I've replaced all doors with arches. The only mod I can think of that might have affected doors at all is [Removed], but nothing else it affects (sofas, beds, etc.) seem to have suffered the same fate. Very odd. Be that as it may, until [Removed] has the chance to update accordingly, I'll just use arches. My Sims were never really big on privacy anyway. *smirk*

Please do not reference adult mods, it's not appropriate for the forum ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    9ndehwc.png
    edited June 2019
    I stand corrected. One other thing was affected... PCs. Thankfully, the tablets still work, so between those, and Skill Books, I might be okay for a while. Sometimes it's a curse being a positive thinker. The update said it was a content patch. I'm guessing some changes were made to the functioning of doors and PCs for the upcoming Island Living expansion. (Maybe new features on PC and some tweaks to the door scripts.) The changes probably fell too far out of line with some of the script mods I have. Not sure why that would cause the game to sell the items, though. I do know it was a script mod issue. I tried temporarily shutting off script mods only and was able to place doors, but I'd rather work around the problem instead. I rely too heavily on those scripts to shut them down entirely when I can improvise instead. The mod makers should have updates within a few days. They're pretty good about keeping up with patches.
    9ndehwc.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    it also killed my fences it got completely ridiculous and won't place things and leaves random empty spaces wherever πŸ˜‘
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
    edit: it seems to be because i clicked on some gate and now i cant place fences because it thinks i have gates everywhere when I don't
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Make sure all your mods are updated as well as your CC! try playing vanilla and see if the doors and other things are still broken.
    Techbilt wrote: Β»
    Make sure all your mods are updated as well as your CC! try playing vanilla and see if the doors and other things are still broken.

I have no mods or cc in my game but problem is there so i dont think its mods
    its almost funny " here is 350 new door swatches"...except your doors do not work
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had the same issue. Removing [Removed ~Rtas] mod fixed it.
    edit: repaired my game and for now the fence problem disappeared *party*
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It is most likely a certain mod I can't talk about on here that is causing it as that has been confirmed. Take your mods out as a lot could be broke, and look to see which needs to be updated and if they have been updated or not.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: Β»
    It is most likely a certain mod I can't talk about on here that is causing it as that has been confirmed. Take your mods out as a lot could be broke, and look to see which needs to be updated and if they have been updated or not.

This ⬆

lEjG7Sx.jpg

You guys really need to take out all mods for a patch, especially one this big. If you want a comprehensive list of broken mods/cc I highly recommend this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch/p2
  • JennaDeee123JennaDeee123 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am also having the same problem with doors. Thank you for saying that the arches are working, that was a game saver!
    @Simmingal - Thanks for mentioning the gates. I realized I have a fully enclosed lot. I'll need to knock a hole in my fence so my Sims can go to work.
    9ndehwc.png
    @JennaDeee123 - Glad I could help. I only figured it out because I had an arch or two up already and those hadn't gotten sold off with the doors. Sometimes problems can be dealt with with finesse. I'm glad I didn't just plow in gung-ho and kill off my mods when it was such a small problem with an easy workaround.
    9ndehwc.png
    edited June 2019
    @RobotBees - You called it. I moved [Removed] to a latent folder elsewhere on my hard drive and now the script call fail for doors and PCs is gone. Until it gets updated, I suppose I can do without it. I mainly just have it for certain minor features with [Removed~Rtas] anyway. I've never really cared for it, conceptually.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Namor98Namor98 Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2019
    I removed [Removed~Rtas] mod and am now able to place doors, but one of my families lives in an apartment and I can't edit "outside of owned lot" or whatever, which means there's no way to enter or exit the apartment itself.... please help
    Help me I'm trapped in a computer...
    Namor98 wrote: Β»
    I removed Basemental mod and am now able to place doors, but one of my families lives in an apartment and I can't edit "outside of owned lot" or whatever, which means there's no way to enter or exit the apartment itself.... please help

Are you playing on PC? If so, have you tried the code "bb.enablefreebuild"? It's the only thing I can think might work for that. If not, I'd suggest making a new post under Feedback and/or Tech Support and see if you get a bite. I wish you luck.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Meli_0876Meli_0876 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am so glad that I am not the only one having door issues from the newest patch. I thought it was from some new mods that I downloaded or something that I had done but NO!! I took the ENTIRE game, mods, Origin, everything out of my computer and reinstalled just the game and tried to play the game ALONE without any tampering of mods or personal adjusting and I STILL had the door issue, "Script Call Fail". So for me I know it is a patch issue and since I have started playing sims I have never, ever had any patch issues at all until now. I understand that with each person playing it's different but for me it is only the doors, nothing else. The windows, doorways, sims, everything else is working great. Only the doors don't. Until this can be fixed and I do hope soon, I've put doorways everywhere and am using gates as a door to keep the neighbors out.

This is really surprising to me to have a patch issue and I have been playing sims since the first one came to light but I know it is to be expected from time to time I just hope the Maxis reads these posts and understands that sims are going to be quite cold during the winter if they don't fix this issue and FAST!! :s :s

Thank you! (Shivers)
    edited June 2019
    That's odd. Most people are saying Basemental was the cause (including on the [Removed] website) and removing it fixed it for everyone I've heard from. That said, Basemental has been updated and works fine now. Also [Removed~Rtas], Deaderpool's MC Control Console, Triplis Sorcerer mod, LittleMsSam's Go To School mod and several others have also been updated for the new patch. If anyone uses those mods, they're ready for use.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Joey_sImSJoey_sImS Posts: 2 New Member
    :( how do u put a picture >:C the doors keep saying "script call failed" whenever i try to place them. Idk if its from my mods or just the game. Do any of you have NO MODS and this happen??
    edited June 2019
    @Joey_sImS - Most people, including myself, fixed this problem by removing (or now updating) the [Removed]. The maker acknowledged the problem on his site and put out an updated version to correct it. If you don't have that mod, I don't know what could be causing it. Also, have you tried doing a game repair through your Origin library? It might help. Beyond that... no clue. BTW, could you clarify your question about the picture? If you mean the one under my posts (the polar bear and penguin) it's done through your profile under Signature. You have to upload the pic you want to use to a photo-sharing site and enter the BBCode from there into your profile signature.

Please do not refer to adult mods ~Rtas
    9ndehwc.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Take all the mods out and repair the game in Origin? Then check for updated mods?
  • mrma49mrma49 Posts: 14 New Member
    I haven’t experienced any issues with doors however I will say I have been having the worst luck with house fires since the new patch! Has anyone else had problems with this? I played for about 2 hours real time and had 4 house fires!
    I can't remember the last time I had a fire. I focus on fire safety very early. Range hoods and smoke detectors in the kitchen. Quickly build up Handiness and Cooking Skills. Then, the big one, getting the Naturalist Trait from the Freelance Botanist Aspiration (makes them fireproof).
    9ndehwc.png