Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want Sims 1 on Origin? Would you pay for it?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'd like a 3d version instead. Update it a bit.
    We should have the option, No, I don't want anything to do with Origin. But I might want an updated 3D version of DD since it contains everything. But not with Origin.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I still have and play the game. But I wouldn’t want it in origin.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    Yes, for free though, it's pretty old.
    I have the Sim 1 complete collection on disc. Might get around to installing it one of these days but for now the Sims 4 consumes all my gaming time.
  • GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Yes! I would do ANYTHING to play Original Sims again. The laptop I used to play it on works just fine, but the CD/DVD drive is dead. I'm thinking to get just an external DVD drive and try to play it that way. I hope it works.
  • tarcottitarcotti Posts: 20 Member
    I voted for free, because I prefer it for free since I already bought all the old cds back in the day, but I'd pay for a new one.
  • FiFi Posts: 5 New Member
    I would really like them to do as they did with Sims 2 -release a complete edition for free during a few days.
    But if they would sell it at a complete edition, I would probably not want to pay that much, because I already have most of the expansions (I just don't really have a computer that I could install them on)
  • ElimmuElimmu Posts: 16 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    Oh my gosh, I would love this so much, The Sims 1 is such a nostalgic game! :grin:
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2019
    I probably would end up paying money for it but tbh I already have everything. I'd feel cheated to have to buy it again. I have it running perfectly right now on Windows 8 along with other games that make it kinda impossible for me to upgrade (SC4 and TS2, which both run worse than TS1) but it would be nice to have peace of mind that if I upgrade I won't have problems lol
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I said no...although I appreciated TS1 at its time, Its the only game in the sims series that I really don't have a nostalgia for where I want to go back and play it. I have all the discs yet if I really wanted to install it. I just don't think it would necessarily even run properly on a windows 10 pc, and it is sooo dated at this point in terms of how it looks and plays.

tbh it's simplicity makes it so easy to play so you can focus on the many gameplay features. The expansions add so much that they're even better than sims 4 expansions, lol
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I wouldn't mind to remind it just for nostalgia. But wouldn't pay for it. In a few time I know I'ld be done.
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I'd probably pay for it, but not more than $25.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    would love to play it . played sims get a life ps 2 and loved it
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I have an old laptop that can play Sims 1. I'm not sure if I would pay for the game if that laptop stopped working. Depends on what other games released in the same year.
  • nathan909090nathan909090 Posts: 124 Member
    I'd like a 3d version instead. Update it a bit.
    If I was going to buy it again I would want some updates or it should be free
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes I would want it, but I already payed for it once, why would I pay for it once again?
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would pay for it. I have the TS2 (all content), TS3 (most content), TS Medieval (all content), TS4 (all current content), and I would totally love to have TS1 in my Sim's collection.
  • RosyPlumbobs03RosyPlumbobs03 Posts: 9 New Member
    Found a disc of the game at a thrift store maybe 10 years ago...I really regret not picking it up then because it's really hard to find where I am. Some people consider it "abandonware" because you can't obtain a new copy anymore, so I think it would be really cool if they'd release it for free on the 20th anniversary next year as a thank you to the community.
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would be buy The Sims 1 for 20-30 dollars. Its good price for this masterpiece :)
  • damselstonedamselstone Posts: 21 Member
    I would probably end up paying for it. Does anyone else get scared about playing it now and feeling disappointed? I don't know if I'd want it to taint my nostalgia...
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Just make Sims 5 where you integrate all the stuff from sims 1 to 4.
    I wouldn't pay, I'd have just waited until it's free :P This is how I've got The Sims 4
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes for those who never played it! But i won't pay for it...i have the original boxes at home, and I installed it in my new computer back in 2014...
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Yes, here's my wallet, take whatever you want, but please, fix the bugs.
    I'd LOVE to see a Sims 1 Complete Collection Reboot!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    Absolutely! I loved that game, spent hundreds of hours playing
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    Ok I feel old..lol. People not being alive when it came out? I loved Sims 1, but I probably wouldn’t play it except for a few minutes for nostalgia sake. I think I still have the old disks somewhere in my abandoned games abyss in a box in the attic.
  • APGJamieAPGJamie Posts: 6 New Member
    I would play, but not pay for it. I paid for all 'em when it came out.
    I have the disks, has anyone installed it on a new machine? I remember when XP came out we had to do some tweaking to make it work, lol I've keep my XP machine because my sims live in it . . . all alone in there now tho lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top