Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do in The Sims that you really need to stop doing, but keep coming back to?

What type of stuff do you always end up doing in your saves, no matter how much you try to do something else?

Things I do:
-when I make a family, I always end up making really weird drama happen, like one of the kids is secretly a vampire.
-I come up with a great idea for a sim and basically plan out their whole life, then when I actually plan them, I get bored really quickly and make a new household.

These are only two of many things I do. 😬
What do you guys do that you wish you didn’t in your sims games?
why are my sims games so weird?

Comments

• ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I play Sims that are pretty similar. Most of my sims make money from painting or gardening, so I'd like to use the other careers. And, stop making Sims who have the same few traits - I want to try out playing an evil sim (but I hate being mean to my other sims, because I like them so much!).
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    I end up kidnapping and killing certain Sims. Like Vivian Lewis. Or Mortimer Goth. I should really should stop.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    edited June 2019
    I end up kidnapping and killing certain Sims. Like Vivian Lewis. Or Mortimer Goth. I should really should stop.

Wow. One time I kidnapped like 10 sims, put them in my basement in cells, and used them for my vampire. I only used sims who had really good plasma though.🤷‍♀️ Don’t ask me why I did this. I don’t even know.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

Sometimes they just gotta go.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I have a big rotation, and most of my families/ households are fairly different as far as jobs and living conditions go. I get attached to my sims though and have aging off and rarely turn it on.... there is always the next expansion, gamepack or stuff pack I want them to be able to experience... lol. And because I do not play each family equally some have high skills in a lot of things. Also I tend to make sure most (at least the cook in the family) of my sims watch the cooking channel on tv till it is maxed.
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    Well, my reasons are horrible for sims like Vivian...
    catitude5 wrote: »

Sometimes they just gotta go.
    Indeed, The Crusade must needs continue.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have a big rotation, and most of my families/ households are fairly different as far as jobs and living conditions go. I get attached to my sims though and have aging off and rarely turn it on.... there is always the next expansion, gamepack or stuff pack I want them to be able to experience... lol. And because I do not play each family equally some have high skills in a lot of things. Also I tend to make sure most (at least the cook in the family) of my sims watch the cooking channel on tv till it is maxed.

I deeply admire you for being able to do a rotation. I can only manage one dysfunctional family at a time.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I play Sims that are pretty similar. Most of my sims make money from painting or gardening, so I'd like to use the other careers. And, stop making Sims who have the same few traits - I want to try out playing an evil sim (but I hate being mean to my other sims, because I like them so much!).

I avoided going with Evil trait myself for a long time. But I did break my mold and went with an Evil sim....and it is fun. You can always be selective on who gets 'Evil'd', saving some from the wrath.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Have all of my Sims have a garden. I rarely have Sims who don't have a garden.
    And I also have a habit of leaving a build when it's almost finished (like one or two rooms left to furnish) and then return to it months later and go "Hey, I was almost finished with that one" - instead of just finishing it immediately.
    Same with Sims in CAS, I often create them, give them an everyday outfit and save them. Then later go "I can't use that Sim, I have to set their outfits first". Also, I have to stop using the same pre-sets in CAS, all of my Sims look the same.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Making new sims and doing nothing with them. For one reason or another I come up with some plot or backstory and think "ooh I have got to make a new sim for this!" despite I probably have plenty of candidates that are sitting around doing nothing. Then, I play the sim for a bit, and then get bored. And that sim gets tossed into the void, in favor of my more popular sims.

Im trying to curb this by simply editing existing generated sims. It works...sometimes.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    For some unknown reason I tend to destroy my very favorite sims' lives. I have them divorced, every child has a different father, their significant others find someone younger,... I always feel very bad and guilty about that.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    -I come up with a great idea for a sim and basically plan out their whole life, then when I actually plan them, I get bored really quickly and make a new household.

I'm the same! I swear I play the Sims much better in my head than I do in the game.

Most of my Sims end up being very similar. I really need to branch out, but I keep going back to the same ol' same ol'.
    giphy.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I come up with a great idea for a sim and basically plan out their whole life, then when I actually plan them, I get bored really quickly and make a new household.

Guilty of this too 😬

I’m constantly trying to stick to stories only I come up with new ideas too quickly and end up abandoning most of my saves for new ones, never to be touched again. I usually try to start legacies too, but I get too attached to my founding family and am reluctant to age them up.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I like to set personal challenges, like getting to the top of a career or completing an aspiration. Unfortunately, once I've done that I lose interest in my save. I've mastered the mechanics, I've done what I was interested in doing, so I leave until I can think of something else to do. Then, instead of coming back, I start all over because I don't remember what I was doing or an entirely different setup is needed for my new experiment.

That's why I started a Simblr. I wanted to see if keeping track of it would keep me interested. It mostly works. I'm able to go see what I was doing with more than the Notification Wall to help me, and I feel more attached to those Sims.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Switching aspirations - the points add up too fast! Then they can't buy anything cause they bought all the ones I wanted them to have...so the points just pile up, unused.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    - Exploitng the Power Nap and Coffee gives more Energy mods, especially for toddlers. But why can't they have better beds?

- Adding supernatural spins to saves that are supposed to be realistic or semi-realistic. Just this month my farmers launched a wormhole-enabled rocketship from an apartment building's roof (to get samples of the three alien plants) and met aliens. And they grew a cowplant. Temporarily became plant sims. Okay, it's just that one household and the other sims are wary of the mad botanists, but I should have had more restraint.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I might someday want to play a couple that aren't both guys, but I haven't yet. I know - it's been an option for nearly 20 years now, but for most of my life, it simply was not something you COULD do in games.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Play Sims with bad traits, I get really frustrated with them, hot headed is one I can sort of stand. But, slob, evil, glutton, mean, even unflirty Sims end up getting passed over in rotation eventually for Sims without those traits.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Leave CAS.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I need to stop micromanaging 😅 but it really is fun for me. I even force my sims to only eat what I want them to. I can't stand when they wake up and eat hot dogs or something silly like that (especially my kids). It doesn't stress me out or anything but I would like to just let my sim exist from time to time without queing up things to do.
    edited June 2019
    - Adding supernatural spins to saves that are supposed to be realistic or semi-realistic. Just this month my farmers launched a wormhole-enabled rocketship from an apartment building's roof (to get samples of the three alien plants) and met aliens. And they grew a cowplant. Temporarily became plant sims. Okay, it's just that one household and the other sims are wary of the mad botanists, but I should have had more restraint.

I do the exact same thing. It gets kind of annoying sometimes, because I think to myself, Okay. This save, you will have a realistic game. but it never happens. 😂
    For some unknown reason I tend to destroy my very favorite sims' lifes. I have them divorced, every child has a different father, their significant others find someone younger,... I always feel very bad and guilty about that.

Yup. I really need to stop doing this too.
    Making new sims and doing nothing with them. For one reason or another I come up with some plot or backstory and think "ooh I have got to make a new sim for this!" despite I probably have plenty of candidates that are sitting around doing nothing. Then, I play the sim for a bit, and then get bored. And that sim gets tossed into the void, in favor of my more popular sims.

Im trying to curb this by simply editing existing generated sims. It works...sometimes.

I also do this ALL THE TIME. Maybe I’ll try your idea, see if it works for me.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    1.making new game saves instead of playing my sims

2. ''must raise all skills first and then I will play properly''

3. making very disturbing family lines to test how disturbing it can get because of extended family lines not working how they should

4. killing my sims out of boredom because ''nah actually I don't need you''

5. using cheats because I want to build the house at once

6. hating on npcs for being ugly (and killing them only to get new patch of ugly npc)

7. giving every sim I make romantic trait because ??????? what is this? romance city?

8. always making same looking sims to the point you really do not know if they are related or nah

9. skipping teen lifestage because there isn't really anything extra about it

10. never aging my sims past young adult because there isn't really anything new for older sims either
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LumikkaLumikka Posts: 25 Member
    - Making my Sims Woohoo with tons of other sims even if they are in a relationship

- Building new houses for the same household every few hours because I get bored with the old one
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    - Procrastinating from patching. I haven’t even done the last one. Oops-
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I need to play a true legacy and let the eldest sim be the heir, lol!! I started a new legacy, because my last one (while a favorite) got a bit out of control trying to keep up with all the kids and then choosing my favorite to be the heir instead of the eldest.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!